Youngest Assassins in Criminal History: Gruesome Murders Committed by Children
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 9, 2014 11:48 AM EST
Pakistani boy Musa Khan aka Muhammad Mosa Khan is charged with attempted murder. The twist in the tale is that he is merely 9 months old.
It has been reported that the baby had to be hidden by his relatives to save him from courtroom hazards. New York Post called Pakistan's criminal justice system as "dysfunctional" as the case apparently exposed it even further. Musa [Image] was made to appear in a Lahore court last week. He was accompanied by his grandfather and father.
Musa, on the other hand, is not the only child who was charged with criminal offence. There several young children who were even convicted of murder charges. Let's have a look at some of them.
Andrew Wurst was sentenced up to 60 years of imprisonment after he killed his teacher John Gillette. He used a .25 caliber pistol to commit his crime which he did publicly in a restaurant. He was just 14.
Eric Smith murdered Derrick Robie, 4, after sexually abusing him in 1993. He was only 13 when he committed the crime. He strangled little Derrick in the woods. The bespectacled boy with red hair never said why he killed the boy. He was sentenced to 9 years in jail.
Mary Bell was 11 when she killed two boys, Brian Howe (3) and Martin Brown (4). Both of them were strangled by Mary while she was helped by one of her 13-year-old friend in killing Brian. She also carved "M" on Brian's stomach after killing him. She served 12 years in jail.
An 8-year-old anonymous boy killed his father and his father's friend. He shot both of them with a .22 caliber rifle. He apparently retaliated against his father for beating him regularly. He even took notes how many times he was beaten. He faced intensive probation until he became 18.
Carl Newton Mahan
Carl Newton Mahan killed his 8-year-old friend when he was only 6. They apparently fought over a piece of scrap iron. He killed his friend with his father's shotgun. This murder, which was committed in 1929, was one of the earliest cases recorded. Carl was probably the youngest murderer in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges in New Zealand, Elects Trial By Jury
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Ebola Stock Companies Suspended From Trading For Unverifiable Claims
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Baby Gammy Will Be Australian Citizen Soon
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide