Youngest Assassins in Criminal History: Gruesome Murders Committed by Children
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 9, 2014 11:48 AM EST
Pakistani boy Musa Khan aka Muhammad Mosa Khan is charged with attempted murder. The twist in the tale is that he is merely 9 months old.
It has been reported that the baby had to be hidden by his relatives to save him from courtroom hazards. New York Post called Pakistan's criminal justice system as "dysfunctional" as the case apparently exposed it even further. Musa [Image] was made to appear in a Lahore court last week. He was accompanied by his grandfather and father.
Musa, on the other hand, is not the only child who was charged with criminal offence. There several young children who were even convicted of murder charges. Let's have a look at some of them.
Andrew Wurst was sentenced up to 60 years of imprisonment after he killed his teacher John Gillette. He used a .25 caliber pistol to commit his crime which he did publicly in a restaurant. He was just 14.
Eric Smith murdered Derrick Robie, 4, after sexually abusing him in 1993. He was only 13 when he committed the crime. He strangled little Derrick in the woods. The bespectacled boy with red hair never said why he killed the boy. He was sentenced to 9 years in jail.
Mary Bell was 11 when she killed two boys, Brian Howe (3) and Martin Brown (4). Both of them were strangled by Mary while she was helped by one of her 13-year-old friend in killing Brian. She also carved "M" on Brian's stomach after killing him. She served 12 years in jail.
An 8-year-old anonymous boy killed his father and his father's friend. He shot both of them with a .22 caliber rifle. He apparently retaliated against his father for beating him regularly. He even took notes how many times he was beaten. He faced intensive probation until he became 18.
Carl Newton Mahan
Carl Newton Mahan killed his 8-year-old friend when he was only 6. They apparently fought over a piece of scrap iron. He killed his friend with his father's shotgun. This murder, which was committed in 1929, was one of the earliest cases recorded. Carl was probably the youngest murderer in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff