Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2 Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS Update Release in April or May
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 9, 2014 11:10 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Credit: Vinith Devdas via Wikimedia Commons under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license)
To the dismay of many Samsung users, the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS upgrade for the aforementioned Samsung devices has not seen the light of the day. However, Android Geeks reported that the company is working on the update with possible roll out in April or May.
In March, rumours claimed that Samsung will drop the Kitkat update for Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 that disappointed many users as the Galaxy S3 was one of the bestselling handsets of the company. However, it seemed that the rumours were not true and the roll out is imminent.
Slow roll out OS updates was one of the common complaints to Samsung since the Kitkat OS was announced late last year. Even with the Galaxy S4, the device has not received the update from all carriers yet.
The Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS update will herald a lot of new features to Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 such as location settings, default app settings, a full-screen mode, wireless printing and even more. More importantly, it was reported that Kitkat OS was more stable compared to Jelly Bean.
However, reports said that Google was already working on the 4.4.3 version of Kitkat to fix the bugs that came with 4.4.2 such as the camera and battery issues. The new Android version was expected to roll out in April. If rumours proved to be true, this could mean that Samsung will be one version behind than Google devices.
Meanwhile, other Android-based devices and Samsung rivals such as HTC and Sony already completed the OS update for their respective devices. Faster OS updates were crucial for a manufacturer or the consumers will switch to other phones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles