MH370 Held in Diego Garcia? Conspiracy Theory and GPS Data Suggests Missing Malaysian Airplane Could be Found in Remote Island in the Indian Ocean?
By jaskiran kaur | April 9, 2014 10:41 AM EST
Missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 may have flown into tiny island called Diego Garcia. Diego Garcia is a remotely located atoll in the Indian Ocean. The lonely island in the middle of the Indian Ocean is home to a U.S. Naval base and is now speculated to have answers to the MH370 mystery, according to News.com.au.
This conspiracy theory is the latest addition to several other theories concerning different locations. Propagators of this theory believe that the little island maybe the actual location where MH370 landed after being hijacked and can now be found in. The island is said to be "one of the world's most remote locations," which allegedly has a "secret prison." The island reportedly has no indigenous inhabitants as they were forcibly removed and were asked to relocate on other locations such as Chagos Archipelago, Seychelles and Mauritius in the year 1971.
Diego Garcia is located 4700 km northwest of the Australia and has 1700 military personnel and 1500 civilian contractors residing there.
The lonely island reportedly has a runway that can accommodate a plane as big as Boeing 777. Therefore, Diego Garcia is now considered to be the potential location where missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 can be found, according to the conspiracy theory.
The theory became the subject of speculation when it was figured that MH370's pilot Captain Zaharie Shah's flight simulator had Diego Garcia's runway location stored in it. Earlier, FBI reported that there was "nothing sinister" about the homemade flight simulator and files stored in it. But reports claiming that the plane was "deliberately" taken off the radar detection have drawn attention towards the pilot of MH370 yet again.
Furthermore, an American freelance journalist Jim Stone is advocating the theory that claims MH370 may have landed in Diego Garcia island. In his blog, Jim Stone has reportedly presented "a bewildering array of theories about major news events."
The blogger claims that Philip Wood an American passenger travelling in the now missing flight MH370 did manage to send a message. The text contained information including GPS coordinates that presented a location that is just few kilometers away from the Indian Ocean island Diego Garcia. The text revealed that Philip Wood has been held hostage by some unknown military personnel, according to News.com.au.
MH370 passenger Philip Wood is said to be an IBM engineer. Examiner further explains Jim Stone's Diego Garcia conspiracy theory. The theory states that the intention behind taking the plane is concerning 20 top employees of Freescale Semiconductor Inc. on the flight. These people reportedly worked on the development of semiconductor and were soon going to get it patented. But if rest of the people who worked on the project are gone, the patent can be owned by one person named Jacob Rothschild. Another reason behind the plane's disappearance could be that "some government wanted to get their hands on the knowledge held by the 20 top employees to have this microchip built for some reason," as per the report.
However, Metabunk report suggests that it is not difficult to "fake a mobile phone's GPS coordinates," and denies the truth behind the Diego Garcia conspiracy theory. News.com.au notes that the information of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 suggests that the plane ended in the southern Indian Ocean.
For more information on the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fate of MH370, MH17 Trigger Mass Resignation of Crew in Malaysia Airlines
- ISIS $3 Million Daily Oil Revenues Fund Operations; Obama to Build International Coalition to Widen Assault
- James Foley's Family and Boss Reject Syrian Claim of Foley Killed A Year Ago
- British Cleric Accused of Urging James Foley Executioner; Predicted ISIS Will Fight in the West
- Amish Girls Abducted, Handcuffed And Used As Sex Slaves
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU