New Developments on Xbox One (Direct YouTube Upload) and Amazon Fire TV (Beats Google Chromecast to Top Spot)
By Pavithra Rathinavel | April 9, 2014 9:56 AM EST
Upload Xbox One Recordings To YouTube:
Good news for gaming fans who were looking to showcase their gaming videos/scores to the public; Microsoft is going to allow Xbox One users to upload game recordings/clips directly to YouTube. This ability is coming to Xbox One on 8th April 2014.
Xbox fans play the latest games during the Xbox One fan celebration and launch party in Los Angeles, California
Last month there was a major update to Xbox One where Microsoft added HD Streaming and archiving functionality on the Twitch app. With this new update, Xbox One users can now upload their recordings straight to YouTube, instead of taking the detour via Microsoft's OneDrive (SkyDrive).
The Xbox One's YouTube app should have a new "My Uploads" section that will allow the user to pull videos from Xbox One and place them online with few clicks. In addition, the user is given the ability to shorten the recordings and add commentaries via Xbox One's built-in editor.
According to Microsoft, "Users can now utilize Game DVR to capture epic gaming moments, edit them in Upload Studio, and, with the simple click of a button inside the YouTube, share them instantly to your YouTube channel. "
This latest update is also bringing in the ability to watch YouTube videos in Snap Mode, also users can now earn Media Achievements for watching videos.
Amazon Fire TV Replaces Google Chromecast to Top Spot:
According to the popular Amazon's Best Sellers electronics list, the Amazon Fire TV trumped Google's Chromecast streaming stick to the top spot. Notably, Chromecast was sitting on the top of the list replacing Amazon Kindle for some time now. Amazon's Fire TV opened to a very positive review.
Interested readers can read more on Amazon Fire TV & its comparison with the competitors by clicking here.
Nevertheless, the authenticity of Amazon's 'Best Sellers electronics list' is not known. The company never disclosed the parameters used to rank the list. It is therefore assumed that Amazon uses data lodged over a short period of time, owing to the fact that Amazon Fire TV was launched only last week. Also there is a theory going around stating that the list might be rigged, according to TechCrunch.
The other best selling electronic items on Amazon are Google Chromecast stick, 2 different streaming models from Roku and Apple TV.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports