New Developments on Xbox One (Direct YouTube Upload) and Amazon Fire TV (Beats Google Chromecast to Top Spot)
By Pavithra Rathinavel | April 9, 2014 9:56 AM EST
Upload Xbox One Recordings To YouTube:
Good news for gaming fans who were looking to showcase their gaming videos/scores to the public; Microsoft is going to allow Xbox One users to upload game recordings/clips directly to YouTube. This ability is coming to Xbox One on 8th April 2014.
Xbox fans play the latest games during the Xbox One fan celebration and launch party in Los Angeles, California
Last month there was a major update to Xbox One where Microsoft added HD Streaming and archiving functionality on the Twitch app. With this new update, Xbox One users can now upload their recordings straight to YouTube, instead of taking the detour via Microsoft's OneDrive (SkyDrive).
The Xbox One's YouTube app should have a new "My Uploads" section that will allow the user to pull videos from Xbox One and place them online with few clicks. In addition, the user is given the ability to shorten the recordings and add commentaries via Xbox One's built-in editor.
According to Microsoft, "Users can now utilize Game DVR to capture epic gaming moments, edit them in Upload Studio, and, with the simple click of a button inside the YouTube, share them instantly to your YouTube channel. "
This latest update is also bringing in the ability to watch YouTube videos in Snap Mode, also users can now earn Media Achievements for watching videos.
Amazon Fire TV Replaces Google Chromecast to Top Spot:
According to the popular Amazon's Best Sellers electronics list, the Amazon Fire TV trumped Google's Chromecast streaming stick to the top spot. Notably, Chromecast was sitting on the top of the list replacing Amazon Kindle for some time now. Amazon's Fire TV opened to a very positive review.
Interested readers can read more on Amazon Fire TV & its comparison with the competitors by clicking here.
Nevertheless, the authenticity of Amazon's 'Best Sellers electronics list' is not known. The company never disclosed the parameters used to rank the list. It is therefore assumed that Amazon uses data lodged over a short period of time, owing to the fact that Amazon Fire TV was launched only last week. Also there is a theory going around stating that the list might be rigged, according to TechCrunch.
The other best selling electronic items on Amazon are Google Chromecast stick, 2 different streaming models from Roku and Apple TV.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes