Boxing News 2014: Boxing Experts Forecast No KO, But Decision in Favour of Pacquiao Over Bradley in April 12 Rematch
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 9, 2014 9:28 AM EST
Boxing fans expecting a knockout either by eight-division titleholder Manny Pacquiao or unbeaten American boxer Timothy Bradley are cautioned by experts not to see a KO during the April 12 rematch at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines waves to fans from a ring in the lobby of the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada April 8, 2014. Pacquiao will challenge undefeated WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley of the U.S. at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on April 12. The fight is a rematch to a June 9, 2012 fight that Bradley won. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Instead, they are bracing for a decision because of the seriousness of both pugilists in wanting to beat one another and convince viewers they deserve the title.
However, majority of the boxing experts point to the Filipino congressman as the likely beneficiary of a judges' decision after 12 rounds.
Rappler sports editor and Ring magazine contributor Ryan Songolia believes because of Pacman's anticipated aggression and display of body language that judges seek, he will win by decision.
Rappler boxing reporter Carlos Cinco foresees a slugfest that would test how long Bradley's chin could hold up, although he concedes the American boxer would be a harder target to hit. But in the end, he thinks it would be a unanimous decision for Pacquiao.
Boxing referee Danrex Tapdasan anticipates Bradley would do better compared to their first bout in 2012, but Pacquiao would also up his game, likely leading to another close and debatable decision in favour of Manny.
Despite the trash talk that Bradley had dissed the past few days, he admitted to Badlefthook that his opponent "has always been a great fighter and from what I have heard he is a great person."
However, Bradley still insist that the compassion which Manny acquired the past two years because of his newfound faith killed the fire that "made Oscar De La Hoya quit on his stool and the fire that knocked out Miguel Cotto, Ricky Hatton and badly damaged Antonio Margarito are just no longer there."
He said the skillset remains, but Pacquiao could no longer turn it on at will, citing Manny's last fight with Brandon Rios wherein Rios was already against the ropes but Pacquiao stopped throwing punches, stepped back and let Rios out.
Bradley stressed boxing is a hurt business and in 36 minutes they will try to outpunch each other in the ring "I am not expecting any compassion from him."
The unbeaten boxer, at the same time, promised "absolutely no compassion" would be forthcoming from him. "In that ring it is all about my family eating or his family eats. Manny Pacquiao will have to knock me out to stop my family from eating," Badlefthook quoted Bradley.
Bleacher Report, in round by round forecast, gives Pacquiao 5 rounds and Bradley 7 rounds as follows:
Round 1: 10-9 Pacquiao
Round 2: 10-9 Bradley
Round 3: 10-9 Bradley
Round 4: 10-9 Pacquiao
Round 5: 10-9 Bradley
Round 6: 10-9 Pacquiao
Round 7: 10-9 Bradley
Round 8: 10-9 Bradley
Round 9: 10-9 Pacquiao
Round 10: 10-9 Bradley
Round 11: 10-9 Pacquiao
Round 12: 10-9 Bradley
With those results, Bleacher Report predicts the initial card would read 114-114, but the next two cards would be 115-113, favouring Bradley, who would be pleased that it would crush all doubts about the legitimacy of his first victory. However, while Pacquiao would likely concede it was a good fight, he would express being open to a second rematch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)