‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes After Fatally Biting Joe Plus his Relationship with Michonne in Next Season
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 9, 2014 8:57 AM EST
In "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 16 finale "A," Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) killed Joe (Jeff Kober) after biting his neck. Joe, leader of the marauders, had to die and his men met the same fate after one of them tried to rape Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs). Indeed, Rick was pushed beyond his limits but the next morning he appeared just fine. It was as if he accepted his reality, his new self.
Showrunner Scott Gimple and comic book writer and executive producer Robert Kirkman talked to TV Guide after "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale.
Scott told TV Guide that season 5 will see a "new" normal Rick.
"Yes, we will see normal Rick again, but I think this will be the new normal," said Scott, adding, "I don't know if Rick really lost it. If we're talking about the claimers, he did what he had to do. Things were about to get much, much worse. The steps that he took saved Daryl, Michonne, Carl, and himself. The next day, when he's sitting with Daryl, you see a Rick who is very much coming to terms with those two sides of his personality. He can still have humanity and be a father and friend, and yet he can also be the guy who tears out somebody's throat with his teeth to save them."
Scott also said that Rick is going to accept his circumstances and it will not be the end of him. He will have different dimensions in his life. This new Rick will be close to Michonne (Danai Gurira) and their relationship may go down interesting directions.
"These are two characters that, at the beginning of the season, felt somewhat alone. That caused a bond between them to form," said Robert.
"They both have a very unique relationship with Carl that has also brought them closer. This relationship could obviously go in some interesting directions moving forward," added Robert.
Carl and Michonne are kind of BFFs already and it will be interesting to see Rick bond with her.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 returns this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia