‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes After Fatally Biting Joe Plus his Relationship with Michonne in Next Season
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 9, 2014 8:57 AM EST
In "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 16 finale "A," Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) killed Joe (Jeff Kober) after biting his neck. Joe, leader of the marauders, had to die and his men met the same fate after one of them tried to rape Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs). Indeed, Rick was pushed beyond his limits but the next morning he appeared just fine. It was as if he accepted his reality, his new self.
Showrunner Scott Gimple and comic book writer and executive producer Robert Kirkman talked to TV Guide after "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale.
Scott told TV Guide that season 5 will see a "new" normal Rick.
"Yes, we will see normal Rick again, but I think this will be the new normal," said Scott, adding, "I don't know if Rick really lost it. If we're talking about the claimers, he did what he had to do. Things were about to get much, much worse. The steps that he took saved Daryl, Michonne, Carl, and himself. The next day, when he's sitting with Daryl, you see a Rick who is very much coming to terms with those two sides of his personality. He can still have humanity and be a father and friend, and yet he can also be the guy who tears out somebody's throat with his teeth to save them."
Scott also said that Rick is going to accept his circumstances and it will not be the end of him. He will have different dimensions in his life. This new Rick will be close to Michonne (Danai Gurira) and their relationship may go down interesting directions.
"These are two characters that, at the beginning of the season, felt somewhat alone. That caused a bond between them to form," said Robert.
"They both have a very unique relationship with Carl that has also brought them closer. This relationship could obviously go in some interesting directions moving forward," added Robert.
Carl and Michonne are kind of BFFs already and it will be interesting to see Rick bond with her.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 returns this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance