‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes After Fatally Biting Joe Plus his Relationship with Michonne in Next Season
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 9, 2014 8:57 AM EST
In "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 16 finale "A," Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) killed Joe (Jeff Kober) after biting his neck. Joe, leader of the marauders, had to die and his men met the same fate after one of them tried to rape Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs). Indeed, Rick was pushed beyond his limits but the next morning he appeared just fine. It was as if he accepted his reality, his new self.
Showrunner Scott Gimple and comic book writer and executive producer Robert Kirkman talked to TV Guide after "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale.
Scott told TV Guide that season 5 will see a "new" normal Rick.
"Yes, we will see normal Rick again, but I think this will be the new normal," said Scott, adding, "I don't know if Rick really lost it. If we're talking about the claimers, he did what he had to do. Things were about to get much, much worse. The steps that he took saved Daryl, Michonne, Carl, and himself. The next day, when he's sitting with Daryl, you see a Rick who is very much coming to terms with those two sides of his personality. He can still have humanity and be a father and friend, and yet he can also be the guy who tears out somebody's throat with his teeth to save them."
Scott also said that Rick is going to accept his circumstances and it will not be the end of him. He will have different dimensions in his life. This new Rick will be close to Michonne (Danai Gurira) and their relationship may go down interesting directions.
"These are two characters that, at the beginning of the season, felt somewhat alone. That caused a bond between them to form," said Robert.
"They both have a very unique relationship with Carl that has also brought them closer. This relationship could obviously go in some interesting directions moving forward," added Robert.
Carl and Michonne are kind of BFFs already and it will be interesting to see Rick bond with her.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 returns this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal