‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes After Fatally Biting Joe Plus his Relationship with Michonne in Next Season
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 9, 2014 8:57 AM EST
In "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 16 finale "A," Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) killed Joe (Jeff Kober) after biting his neck. Joe, leader of the marauders, had to die and his men met the same fate after one of them tried to rape Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs). Indeed, Rick was pushed beyond his limits but the next morning he appeared just fine. It was as if he accepted his reality, his new self.
Showrunner Scott Gimple and comic book writer and executive producer Robert Kirkman talked to TV Guide after "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale.
Scott told TV Guide that season 5 will see a "new" normal Rick.
"Yes, we will see normal Rick again, but I think this will be the new normal," said Scott, adding, "I don't know if Rick really lost it. If we're talking about the claimers, he did what he had to do. Things were about to get much, much worse. The steps that he took saved Daryl, Michonne, Carl, and himself. The next day, when he's sitting with Daryl, you see a Rick who is very much coming to terms with those two sides of his personality. He can still have humanity and be a father and friend, and yet he can also be the guy who tears out somebody's throat with his teeth to save them."
Scott also said that Rick is going to accept his circumstances and it will not be the end of him. He will have different dimensions in his life. This new Rick will be close to Michonne (Danai Gurira) and their relationship may go down interesting directions.
"These are two characters that, at the beginning of the season, felt somewhat alone. That caused a bond between them to form," said Robert.
"They both have a very unique relationship with Carl that has also brought them closer. This relationship could obviously go in some interesting directions moving forward," added Robert.
Carl and Michonne are kind of BFFs already and it will be interesting to see Rick bond with her.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 returns this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles