‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes After Fatally Biting Joe Plus his Relationship with Michonne in Next Season
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 9, 2014 8:57 AM EST
In "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 16 finale "A," Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) killed Joe (Jeff Kober) after biting his neck. Joe, leader of the marauders, had to die and his men met the same fate after one of them tried to rape Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs). Indeed, Rick was pushed beyond his limits but the next morning he appeared just fine. It was as if he accepted his reality, his new self.
Showrunner Scott Gimple and comic book writer and executive producer Robert Kirkman talked to TV Guide after "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale.
Scott told TV Guide that season 5 will see a "new" normal Rick.
"Yes, we will see normal Rick again, but I think this will be the new normal," said Scott, adding, "I don't know if Rick really lost it. If we're talking about the claimers, he did what he had to do. Things were about to get much, much worse. The steps that he took saved Daryl, Michonne, Carl, and himself. The next day, when he's sitting with Daryl, you see a Rick who is very much coming to terms with those two sides of his personality. He can still have humanity and be a father and friend, and yet he can also be the guy who tears out somebody's throat with his teeth to save them."
Scott also said that Rick is going to accept his circumstances and it will not be the end of him. He will have different dimensions in his life. This new Rick will be close to Michonne (Danai Gurira) and their relationship may go down interesting directions.
"These are two characters that, at the beginning of the season, felt somewhat alone. That caused a bond between them to form," said Robert.
"They both have a very unique relationship with Carl that has also brought them closer. This relationship could obviously go in some interesting directions moving forward," added Robert.
Carl and Michonne are kind of BFFs already and it will be interesting to see Rick bond with her.
"The Walking Dead" season 5 returns this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People