Shocking: Taylor Swift's Parents are Controlling, Can Damage Her Career
By Annie Dee | April 9, 2014 8:53 AM EST
Who would have thought sweet and mild-mannered Taylor Swift can have such difficult parents? At least one report says so. According to Page Six, Taylor Swift's parents are difficult and controlling. They also act like annoying stage parents that can ruin their child's career instead of enhacing it as their overprotective and overzealous ways can put off alot of people surrounding Taylor Swift.
Country music artist Taylor Swift arrives at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
According to Page Six, sources have revealed that Taylor Swift's parents, Scott and Andrea Swift are too controlling and manipulative that they have edged out several senior staff members at their company called the 13 Management. They have also bypassed a lot of agents at CAA and WME. Just last month, Paula Erickson, who has worked with Taylor Swift for nearly seven years now resigned after providing 2 months' notice. Many speculated this has something to do with Swift's parents and their controlling behavior as well.
Taylor's business managers Flood, Bumstead, McCready and McCarthy all decided they cannot work with Taylor Swift last year and many are now starting to link this decision to Swift's quite unmanageable parents. Taylor Swift is currently being represented by AEG for touring as well as IMG.
Interestingly, Scott and Andrea Swift themselves are annoying each other. They live separately and do not agree on a lot of things.
According to one source: "Taylor's parents are incredibly difficult to deal with. Their expectations are enormous, and they are very hard to please. They want to pay as little as possible and treat people like s - - t, because they think those people are lucky to have the chance to work with a superstar like Taylor.
People who hear Taylor Swift sings and watch her perform will not know such drama is happening behind the scene. For now then, one can assume that Taylor Swift is quite unaffected or the report is untrue. However, if the report is true, her parents should surely shape up before they do anything damaging to Swift's career.
Even with this incriminating report, Reps for 13 Management and Taylor's label, Big Machine refused to add fuel to the fire and did not comment. Erickson also declined to comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’