Shocking: Taylor Swift's Parents are Controlling, Can Damage Her Career
By Annie Dee | April 9, 2014 8:53 AM EST
Who would have thought sweet and mild-mannered Taylor Swift can have such difficult parents? At least one report says so. According to Page Six, Taylor Swift's parents are difficult and controlling. They also act like annoying stage parents that can ruin their child's career instead of enhacing it as their overprotective and overzealous ways can put off alot of people surrounding Taylor Swift.
Country music artist Taylor Swift arrives at the 49th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada April 6, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
According to Page Six, sources have revealed that Taylor Swift's parents, Scott and Andrea Swift are too controlling and manipulative that they have edged out several senior staff members at their company called the 13 Management. They have also bypassed a lot of agents at CAA and WME. Just last month, Paula Erickson, who has worked with Taylor Swift for nearly seven years now resigned after providing 2 months' notice. Many speculated this has something to do with Swift's parents and their controlling behavior as well.
Taylor's business managers Flood, Bumstead, McCready and McCarthy all decided they cannot work with Taylor Swift last year and many are now starting to link this decision to Swift's quite unmanageable parents. Taylor Swift is currently being represented by AEG for touring as well as IMG.
Interestingly, Scott and Andrea Swift themselves are annoying each other. They live separately and do not agree on a lot of things.
According to one source: "Taylor's parents are incredibly difficult to deal with. Their expectations are enormous, and they are very hard to please. They want to pay as little as possible and treat people like s - - t, because they think those people are lucky to have the chance to work with a superstar like Taylor.
People who hear Taylor Swift sings and watch her perform will not know such drama is happening behind the scene. For now then, one can assume that Taylor Swift is quite unaffected or the report is untrue. However, if the report is true, her parents should surely shape up before they do anything damaging to Swift's career.
Even with this incriminating report, Reps for 13 Management and Taylor's label, Big Machine refused to add fuel to the fire and did not comment. Erickson also declined to comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales