‘The Voice’ Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs Spoilers: What’s Next? Everything to Know About the Next Round
By jaskiran kaur | April 9, 2014 8:50 AM EST
NBC's the Voice Season 6 (2014) wrapped up its "The Battles, Round 2" on Monday night, April 7, 2014. The four judges-Shakira, Usher, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine-along with the common advisor Chris Martin evaluated top 32 contestants before selecting top 20 artists for the next round. The Battles, Round 2 will be followed by The Playoffs beginning Tuesday night, April 8, 2014. Here is everything you need to know before the premiere of The Playoffs round. [Warning: Spoilers Alert]
The article contains spoilers from "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs Part 1 Episode 17. Read only if you want to learn more about the episode.
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs
On April 7, 2014 the judges judged the last set of artists competing to move ahead in the competition. Top 32 artists competed in newly introduced The Battles, Round 2 that replaced Knockout rounds. Over the course of three-part second battles round, judges of Team Shakira, Team Adam, Team Usher and Team Blake paired up two artists each from their team to evaluate their next performances. By the end of the round, each team has five contestants narrowing down the competition to 20 contestants in total.
In The Playoffs, the top 20 artists will perform. Contestants will be evaluated by their coaches on the basis of their performance delivered in this round. Each coach will eliminate two artists from their team which will reduce the number of contestants to three in each team. Top 12 artists will then move on to perform in the last and most exciting stage of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) live shows.
According to Mjsbigblog.com the season will see a "playoffs twist." Unlike previous season, there is a delay in live voting process which earlier began with The Playoffs. This season viewer voting will reportedly begin when the top 12 perform.
Web site also cited TV Line's Michael Slezak's tweets on Twitter, reporting the change. Based on the tweets, the Web site inferred that viewers' involvement will be delayed to final few episodes unlike previous season.
The Tweets read:
The Top 20 will perform. Then each @NBCTheVoice coach will narrow his/her team from 5 to 3. The Top 12 will then compete live for our votes. — Michael Slezak (@MichaelSlezakTV) April 2, 2014
Who Will Perform in 'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs?
Team Adam: Christina Grimmie, Delvin Choice, Kat Perkins, Jake Barker and Morgan Wallen.
Team Shakira: Dani Moz, Kristen Merlin, Tess Boyer, Deja Hall and Patrick Thomson.
Team Usher: Bria Kelly, Melissa Jimenez, Stevie Jo, Josh Kaufman and T.J. Wilkins.
Team Blake: Jake Worthington, Ryan Whyte Maloney, Madilyn Paige, Audra McLaughlin and Sisaundra Lewis.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs Schedule
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs is expected to begin on April 8, 2014 in episode 17. It will continue through episode 17 to episode 19. So don't forget to tune into NBC at 8 PM on Mondays and Tuesdays and come back here for more spoilers.
For more spoilers and recap of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Blind Auditions and Battles Round read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'