‘The Voice’ Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs Spoilers: What’s Next? Everything to Know About the Next Round
By jaskiran kaur | April 9, 2014 8:50 AM EST
NBC's the Voice Season 6 (2014) wrapped up its "The Battles, Round 2" on Monday night, April 7, 2014. The four judges-Shakira, Usher, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine-along with the common advisor Chris Martin evaluated top 32 contestants before selecting top 20 artists for the next round. The Battles, Round 2 will be followed by The Playoffs beginning Tuesday night, April 8, 2014. Here is everything you need to know before the premiere of The Playoffs round. [Warning: Spoilers Alert]
The article contains spoilers from "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs Part 1 Episode 17. Read only if you want to learn more about the episode.
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs
On April 7, 2014 the judges judged the last set of artists competing to move ahead in the competition. Top 32 artists competed in newly introduced The Battles, Round 2 that replaced Knockout rounds. Over the course of three-part second battles round, judges of Team Shakira, Team Adam, Team Usher and Team Blake paired up two artists each from their team to evaluate their next performances. By the end of the round, each team has five contestants narrowing down the competition to 20 contestants in total.
In The Playoffs, the top 20 artists will perform. Contestants will be evaluated by their coaches on the basis of their performance delivered in this round. Each coach will eliminate two artists from their team which will reduce the number of contestants to three in each team. Top 12 artists will then move on to perform in the last and most exciting stage of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) live shows.
According to Mjsbigblog.com the season will see a "playoffs twist." Unlike previous season, there is a delay in live voting process which earlier began with The Playoffs. This season viewer voting will reportedly begin when the top 12 perform.
Web site also cited TV Line's Michael Slezak's tweets on Twitter, reporting the change. Based on the tweets, the Web site inferred that viewers' involvement will be delayed to final few episodes unlike previous season.
The Tweets read:
The Top 20 will perform. Then each @NBCTheVoice coach will narrow his/her team from 5 to 3. The Top 12 will then compete live for our votes. — Michael Slezak (@MichaelSlezakTV) April 2, 2014
Who Will Perform in 'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs?
Team Adam: Christina Grimmie, Delvin Choice, Kat Perkins, Jake Barker and Morgan Wallen.
Team Shakira: Dani Moz, Kristen Merlin, Tess Boyer, Deja Hall and Patrick Thomson.
Team Usher: Bria Kelly, Melissa Jimenez, Stevie Jo, Josh Kaufman and T.J. Wilkins.
Team Blake: Jake Worthington, Ryan Whyte Maloney, Madilyn Paige, Audra McLaughlin and Sisaundra Lewis.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs Schedule
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs is expected to begin on April 8, 2014 in episode 17. It will continue through episode 17 to episode 19. So don't forget to tune into NBC at 8 PM on Mondays and Tuesdays and come back here for more spoilers.
For more spoilers and recap of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Blind Auditions and Battles Round read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef