‘The Voice’ Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs Spoilers: What’s Next? Everything to Know About the Next Round
By jaskiran kaur | April 9, 2014 8:50 AM EST
NBC's the Voice Season 6 (2014) wrapped up its "The Battles, Round 2" on Monday night, April 7, 2014. The four judges-Shakira, Usher, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine-along with the common advisor Chris Martin evaluated top 32 contestants before selecting top 20 artists for the next round. The Battles, Round 2 will be followed by The Playoffs beginning Tuesday night, April 8, 2014. Here is everything you need to know before the premiere of The Playoffs round. [Warning: Spoilers Alert]
The article contains spoilers from "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs Part 1 Episode 17. Read only if you want to learn more about the episode.
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs
On April 7, 2014 the judges judged the last set of artists competing to move ahead in the competition. Top 32 artists competed in newly introduced The Battles, Round 2 that replaced Knockout rounds. Over the course of three-part second battles round, judges of Team Shakira, Team Adam, Team Usher and Team Blake paired up two artists each from their team to evaluate their next performances. By the end of the round, each team has five contestants narrowing down the competition to 20 contestants in total.
In The Playoffs, the top 20 artists will perform. Contestants will be evaluated by their coaches on the basis of their performance delivered in this round. Each coach will eliminate two artists from their team which will reduce the number of contestants to three in each team. Top 12 artists will then move on to perform in the last and most exciting stage of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) live shows.
According to Mjsbigblog.com the season will see a "playoffs twist." Unlike previous season, there is a delay in live voting process which earlier began with The Playoffs. This season viewer voting will reportedly begin when the top 12 perform.
Web site also cited TV Line's Michael Slezak's tweets on Twitter, reporting the change. Based on the tweets, the Web site inferred that viewers' involvement will be delayed to final few episodes unlike previous season.
The Tweets read:
The Top 20 will perform. Then each @NBCTheVoice coach will narrow his/her team from 5 to 3. The Top 12 will then compete live for our votes. — Michael Slezak (@MichaelSlezakTV) April 2, 2014
Who Will Perform in 'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs?
Team Adam: Christina Grimmie, Delvin Choice, Kat Perkins, Jake Barker and Morgan Wallen.
Team Shakira: Dani Moz, Kristen Merlin, Tess Boyer, Deja Hall and Patrick Thomson.
Team Usher: Bria Kelly, Melissa Jimenez, Stevie Jo, Josh Kaufman and T.J. Wilkins.
Team Blake: Jake Worthington, Ryan Whyte Maloney, Madilyn Paige, Audra McLaughlin and Sisaundra Lewis.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs Schedule
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs is expected to begin on April 8, 2014 in episode 17. It will continue through episode 17 to episode 19. So don't forget to tune into NBC at 8 PM on Mondays and Tuesdays and come back here for more spoilers.
For more spoilers and recap of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Blind Auditions and Battles Round read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch