‘Breaking Bad’ Spin-Off: Introducing ‘Better Call Saul’ Characters
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 9, 2014 8:47 AM EST
"Better Call Saul," the spin-off of AMC's cult drama series "Breaking Bad," is one of the most anticipated new shows of 2014. There is likely to be casting news in the upcoming weeks, as the production team is currently looking for actors to play important supporting roles in this prequel of "Breaking Bad."
E! Online reports that the production team is looking for actors to portray the roles of Dr Thurber, Berth, Burt, Eddy, Zach and Luke in "Better Call Saul." Dr Thurber is in his 50s and the report describes him as a brilliant attorney. The report says that an "unusual affliction" has restricted him.
The life of Berth, a successful lawyer, has not been easy one. According to E! Online report, Berth's life has been "complicated by her romantic entanglements with somebody else at the firm."
Burt, a name partner at firmer, is "Kennedy type" of personality. The report describes him as someone who is winning at life.
Eddy, according to E! Online, is a "smart and calculating criminal who knows the ropes." Zach and Luke are twin brothers. These two brothers are good at skateboarding and scamming.
From "Breaking Bad" team, Bob Odenkirk is returning to reprise his role of Saul Goodman. Jonathan Banks has also confirmed that he will be returning to play Mike Ehrmantraut. There is speculation that Aaron Paul will return, as well, to play the much loved junkie Jesse Pinkman, once again.
"My guess is that Saul will be the lighter side as far as humour goes, and the dark side would be Mike. And I look forward to that," Banks said during a live web-chat question and answer session, organised by The Daily News.
"Better Call Saul" is set in the time before Saul Goodman met Walter White. According to AMC's press statement, "Plans call for Saul to be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the popular Saul Goodman character before he ever became Walter White's lawyer."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand