‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Ask BBC if there is a New Season, Benedict Cumberbatch in a New Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 9, 2014 8:08 AM EST
BBC has not yet officially confirmed that it has renewed its hugely popular series "Sherlock" for Season 4. Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, creators of "Sherlock," however, have confirmed, through their interviews, that they have mapped out season 4 and 5 of "Sherlock." Actors Benedict Freeman and Martin Freeman also have expressed their intention to do a few more seasons of the show. However, it looks like Benedict Cumberbatch is now using wit and cryptic one-liners to answer often asked "Sherlock" questions.
Recently at the Malaysian Grand Prix, BBC's Suzi Perry asked Cumberbatch the mandatory "Sherlock" question. "It would be remiss if I didn't ask about Sherlock," Perry said, as quoted by Radio Times. "I presume there'll be another one hopefully going to happen?"
Cumberbatch said: "You work for the corporation [BBC], ask them."
Freeman [Dr Watson] and Cumberbatch [Sherlock] have become immensely popular because of their roles in "Sherlock. They are much in demand these days, both in Hollywood and in England. This is reportedly delaying the filming of "Sherlock" Season 4.
Mark Gatiss, co-creator of "Sherlock," said to Metro that "everyone wants to carry on doing Sherlock. It's a simple matter of schedules -- particularly Benedict and Martin."
For both the actors, the busy schedule includes playing Richard III. Later this year, Freeman is playing the title role of Richard III at Trafalgar Studios, London's West End. Cumberbatch is set to play the same role in BBC's second series of Shakespeare's History plays.
"I can't wait to work with Dominic Cooke again to bring this complex, funny and dangerous character to life for the BBC and Neal Street Productions's peerless series of Shakespeare's history plays," Cumberbatch said, as quoted by The Guardian.
Ben Stephenson, drama controller at BBC, has called Cumberbatch "one of the world's most brilliant and in-demand actors."
"Sherlock" Season 4 is expected to premiere in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet