‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Ask BBC if there is a New Season, Benedict Cumberbatch in a New Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 9, 2014 8:08 AM EST
BBC has not yet officially confirmed that it has renewed its hugely popular series "Sherlock" for Season 4. Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, creators of "Sherlock," however, have confirmed, through their interviews, that they have mapped out season 4 and 5 of "Sherlock." Actors Benedict Freeman and Martin Freeman also have expressed their intention to do a few more seasons of the show. However, it looks like Benedict Cumberbatch is now using wit and cryptic one-liners to answer often asked "Sherlock" questions.
Recently at the Malaysian Grand Prix, BBC's Suzi Perry asked Cumberbatch the mandatory "Sherlock" question. "It would be remiss if I didn't ask about Sherlock," Perry said, as quoted by Radio Times. "I presume there'll be another one hopefully going to happen?"
Cumberbatch said: "You work for the corporation [BBC], ask them."
Freeman [Dr Watson] and Cumberbatch [Sherlock] have become immensely popular because of their roles in "Sherlock. They are much in demand these days, both in Hollywood and in England. This is reportedly delaying the filming of "Sherlock" Season 4.
Mark Gatiss, co-creator of "Sherlock," said to Metro that "everyone wants to carry on doing Sherlock. It's a simple matter of schedules -- particularly Benedict and Martin."
For both the actors, the busy schedule includes playing Richard III. Later this year, Freeman is playing the title role of Richard III at Trafalgar Studios, London's West End. Cumberbatch is set to play the same role in BBC's second series of Shakespeare's History plays.
"I can't wait to work with Dominic Cooke again to bring this complex, funny and dangerous character to life for the BBC and Neal Street Productions's peerless series of Shakespeare's history plays," Cumberbatch said, as quoted by The Guardian.
Ben Stephenson, drama controller at BBC, has called Cumberbatch "one of the world's most brilliant and in-demand actors."
"Sherlock" Season 4 is expected to premiere in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS