‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Ask BBC if there is a New Season, Benedict Cumberbatch in a New Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 9, 2014 8:08 AM EST
BBC has not yet officially confirmed that it has renewed its hugely popular series "Sherlock" for Season 4. Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, creators of "Sherlock," however, have confirmed, through their interviews, that they have mapped out season 4 and 5 of "Sherlock." Actors Benedict Freeman and Martin Freeman also have expressed their intention to do a few more seasons of the show. However, it looks like Benedict Cumberbatch is now using wit and cryptic one-liners to answer often asked "Sherlock" questions.
Recently at the Malaysian Grand Prix, BBC's Suzi Perry asked Cumberbatch the mandatory "Sherlock" question. "It would be remiss if I didn't ask about Sherlock," Perry said, as quoted by Radio Times. "I presume there'll be another one hopefully going to happen?"
Cumberbatch said: "You work for the corporation [BBC], ask them."
Freeman [Dr Watson] and Cumberbatch [Sherlock] have become immensely popular because of their roles in "Sherlock. They are much in demand these days, both in Hollywood and in England. This is reportedly delaying the filming of "Sherlock" Season 4.
Mark Gatiss, co-creator of "Sherlock," said to Metro that "everyone wants to carry on doing Sherlock. It's a simple matter of schedules -- particularly Benedict and Martin."
For both the actors, the busy schedule includes playing Richard III. Later this year, Freeman is playing the title role of Richard III at Trafalgar Studios, London's West End. Cumberbatch is set to play the same role in BBC's second series of Shakespeare's History plays.
"I can't wait to work with Dominic Cooke again to bring this complex, funny and dangerous character to life for the BBC and Neal Street Productions's peerless series of Shakespeare's history plays," Cumberbatch said, as quoted by The Guardian.
Ben Stephenson, drama controller at BBC, has called Cumberbatch "one of the world's most brilliant and in-demand actors."
"Sherlock" Season 4 is expected to premiere in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Take Group Selfies with Rapper and his Friends
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects