‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Ask BBC if there is a New Season, Benedict Cumberbatch in a New Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 9, 2014 8:08 AM EST
BBC has not yet officially confirmed that it has renewed its hugely popular series "Sherlock" for Season 4. Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, creators of "Sherlock," however, have confirmed, through their interviews, that they have mapped out season 4 and 5 of "Sherlock." Actors Benedict Freeman and Martin Freeman also have expressed their intention to do a few more seasons of the show. However, it looks like Benedict Cumberbatch is now using wit and cryptic one-liners to answer often asked "Sherlock" questions.
Recently at the Malaysian Grand Prix, BBC's Suzi Perry asked Cumberbatch the mandatory "Sherlock" question. "It would be remiss if I didn't ask about Sherlock," Perry said, as quoted by Radio Times. "I presume there'll be another one hopefully going to happen?"
Cumberbatch said: "You work for the corporation [BBC], ask them."
Freeman [Dr Watson] and Cumberbatch [Sherlock] have become immensely popular because of their roles in "Sherlock. They are much in demand these days, both in Hollywood and in England. This is reportedly delaying the filming of "Sherlock" Season 4.
Mark Gatiss, co-creator of "Sherlock," said to Metro that "everyone wants to carry on doing Sherlock. It's a simple matter of schedules -- particularly Benedict and Martin."
For both the actors, the busy schedule includes playing Richard III. Later this year, Freeman is playing the title role of Richard III at Trafalgar Studios, London's West End. Cumberbatch is set to play the same role in BBC's second series of Shakespeare's History plays.
"I can't wait to work with Dominic Cooke again to bring this complex, funny and dangerous character to life for the BBC and Neal Street Productions's peerless series of Shakespeare's history plays," Cumberbatch said, as quoted by The Guardian.
Ben Stephenson, drama controller at BBC, has called Cumberbatch "one of the world's most brilliant and in-demand actors."
"Sherlock" Season 4 is expected to premiere in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales