‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Ask BBC if there is a New Season, Benedict Cumberbatch in a New Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 9, 2014 8:08 AM EST
BBC has not yet officially confirmed that it has renewed its hugely popular series "Sherlock" for Season 4. Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, creators of "Sherlock," however, have confirmed, through their interviews, that they have mapped out season 4 and 5 of "Sherlock." Actors Benedict Freeman and Martin Freeman also have expressed their intention to do a few more seasons of the show. However, it looks like Benedict Cumberbatch is now using wit and cryptic one-liners to answer often asked "Sherlock" questions.
Recently at the Malaysian Grand Prix, BBC's Suzi Perry asked Cumberbatch the mandatory "Sherlock" question. "It would be remiss if I didn't ask about Sherlock," Perry said, as quoted by Radio Times. "I presume there'll be another one hopefully going to happen?"
Cumberbatch said: "You work for the corporation [BBC], ask them."
Freeman [Dr Watson] and Cumberbatch [Sherlock] have become immensely popular because of their roles in "Sherlock. They are much in demand these days, both in Hollywood and in England. This is reportedly delaying the filming of "Sherlock" Season 4.
Mark Gatiss, co-creator of "Sherlock," said to Metro that "everyone wants to carry on doing Sherlock. It's a simple matter of schedules -- particularly Benedict and Martin."
For both the actors, the busy schedule includes playing Richard III. Later this year, Freeman is playing the title role of Richard III at Trafalgar Studios, London's West End. Cumberbatch is set to play the same role in BBC's second series of Shakespeare's History plays.
"I can't wait to work with Dominic Cooke again to bring this complex, funny and dangerous character to life for the BBC and Neal Street Productions's peerless series of Shakespeare's history plays," Cumberbatch said, as quoted by The Guardian.
Ben Stephenson, drama controller at BBC, has called Cumberbatch "one of the world's most brilliant and in-demand actors."
"Sherlock" Season 4 is expected to premiere in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop