Robert Downey Jr. Celebrates Birthday Party by Taking a Group of Kids to the Movies
By Maychelle Ornos | April 9, 2014 8:07 AM EST
Robert Downey Jr. does not need to be in his "Iron Man" suit in order to be a hero for a bunch of kids on his 49th birthday. In celebration of his birth, the sleek star gathered up twenty kids from around the corner to watch the newly released "Captain America: the Winter Soldier" which he himself organized and hosted, as reported by Movies.com.
The party was a relaxed one with everyone in their pajamas, sources say. The room was filled with recliners, cute kiddie PJs, blankets and a day-filled of fun with no other than the "Iron Man" star himself.
Posting on his official Facebook account, Robert posed with two thumbs up with the children in the background, captioned "What better way to spend my birthday than recognizing the cosmic miracle of Captain America 2 opening the same day? Gonna wrangle about twenty kids to watch it with and partaaaaaaaaaaaaay Marvel-style!!!"
Such act of love by the actor came as no surprise as he recently received an award at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards. The "Iron Man" star defeated the likes of Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, and Dwayne Johnson for the crowd-favorite "Butt Kicker Award" by popular choice.
"You know I wasn't always a buttkicker. In fact, life has kicked my proverbial butt countless times in many ways for many years, until I decided one day to start kicking back. Now look at me!" Robert said during the March 29 event held in USC Galen Center, Los Angeles.
Indeed, no one has been through the highs and lows of success better than Robert Downey Jr. himself, according to People. But besides being a man with a good heart and a man of many talents, Robert was likewise named as the highest paid star by Forbes during his latest top-grossing movie, "The Avengers."
His net worth, according to CelebrityNetworth.com, remains at $140 million. Robert Downey Jr. is paid $75 million which makes him at the top of the list, according to the Huffington Post.
So what's making Robert Downey, Jr. busy? Besides the current production of the much-awaited "Iron Man 3" he will also lead Jon Favreau's "Chef" which will premiere on May 9. This indie film will also star Scarlett Johansson, Sofia Vergara and Dustin Hoffman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]