Robert Downey Jr. Celebrates Birthday Party by Taking a Group of Kids to the Movies
By Maychelle Ornos | April 9, 2014 8:07 AM EST
Robert Downey Jr. does not need to be in his "Iron Man" suit in order to be a hero for a bunch of kids on his 49th birthday. In celebration of his birth, the sleek star gathered up twenty kids from around the corner to watch the newly released "Captain America: the Winter Soldier" which he himself organized and hosted, as reported by Movies.com.
The party was a relaxed one with everyone in their pajamas, sources say. The room was filled with recliners, cute kiddie PJs, blankets and a day-filled of fun with no other than the "Iron Man" star himself.
Posting on his official Facebook account, Robert posed with two thumbs up with the children in the background, captioned "What better way to spend my birthday than recognizing the cosmic miracle of Captain America 2 opening the same day? Gonna wrangle about twenty kids to watch it with and partaaaaaaaaaaaaay Marvel-style!!!"
Such act of love by the actor came as no surprise as he recently received an award at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards. The "Iron Man" star defeated the likes of Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, and Dwayne Johnson for the crowd-favorite "Butt Kicker Award" by popular choice.
"You know I wasn't always a buttkicker. In fact, life has kicked my proverbial butt countless times in many ways for many years, until I decided one day to start kicking back. Now look at me!" Robert said during the March 29 event held in USC Galen Center, Los Angeles.
Indeed, no one has been through the highs and lows of success better than Robert Downey Jr. himself, according to People. But besides being a man with a good heart and a man of many talents, Robert was likewise named as the highest paid star by Forbes during his latest top-grossing movie, "The Avengers."
His net worth, according to CelebrityNetworth.com, remains at $140 million. Robert Downey Jr. is paid $75 million which makes him at the top of the list, according to the Huffington Post.
So what's making Robert Downey, Jr. busy? Besides the current production of the much-awaited "Iron Man 3" he will also lead Jon Favreau's "Chef" which will premiere on May 9. This indie film will also star Scarlett Johansson, Sofia Vergara and Dustin Hoffman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand