Robert Downey Jr. Celebrates Birthday Party by Taking a Group of Kids to the Movies
By Maychelle Ornos | April 9, 2014 8:07 AM EST
Robert Downey Jr. does not need to be in his "Iron Man" suit in order to be a hero for a bunch of kids on his 49th birthday. In celebration of his birth, the sleek star gathered up twenty kids from around the corner to watch the newly released "Captain America: the Winter Soldier" which he himself organized and hosted, as reported by Movies.com.
The party was a relaxed one with everyone in their pajamas, sources say. The room was filled with recliners, cute kiddie PJs, blankets and a day-filled of fun with no other than the "Iron Man" star himself.
Posting on his official Facebook account, Robert posed with two thumbs up with the children in the background, captioned "What better way to spend my birthday than recognizing the cosmic miracle of Captain America 2 opening the same day? Gonna wrangle about twenty kids to watch it with and partaaaaaaaaaaaaay Marvel-style!!!"
Such act of love by the actor came as no surprise as he recently received an award at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards. The "Iron Man" star defeated the likes of Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, and Dwayne Johnson for the crowd-favorite "Butt Kicker Award" by popular choice.
"You know I wasn't always a buttkicker. In fact, life has kicked my proverbial butt countless times in many ways for many years, until I decided one day to start kicking back. Now look at me!" Robert said during the March 29 event held in USC Galen Center, Los Angeles.
Indeed, no one has been through the highs and lows of success better than Robert Downey Jr. himself, according to People. But besides being a man with a good heart and a man of many talents, Robert was likewise named as the highest paid star by Forbes during his latest top-grossing movie, "The Avengers."
His net worth, according to CelebrityNetworth.com, remains at $140 million. Robert Downey Jr. is paid $75 million which makes him at the top of the list, according to the Huffington Post.
So what's making Robert Downey, Jr. busy? Besides the current production of the much-awaited "Iron Man 3" he will also lead Jon Favreau's "Chef" which will premiere on May 9. This indie film will also star Scarlett Johansson, Sofia Vergara and Dustin Hoffman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions