Robert Downey Jr. Celebrates Birthday Party by Taking a Group of Kids to the Movies
By Maychelle Ornos | April 9, 2014 8:07 AM EST
Robert Downey Jr. does not need to be in his "Iron Man" suit in order to be a hero for a bunch of kids on his 49th birthday. In celebration of his birth, the sleek star gathered up twenty kids from around the corner to watch the newly released "Captain America: the Winter Soldier" which he himself organized and hosted, as reported by Movies.com.
The party was a relaxed one with everyone in their pajamas, sources say. The room was filled with recliners, cute kiddie PJs, blankets and a day-filled of fun with no other than the "Iron Man" star himself.
Posting on his official Facebook account, Robert posed with two thumbs up with the children in the background, captioned "What better way to spend my birthday than recognizing the cosmic miracle of Captain America 2 opening the same day? Gonna wrangle about twenty kids to watch it with and partaaaaaaaaaaaaay Marvel-style!!!"
Such act of love by the actor came as no surprise as he recently received an award at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards. The "Iron Man" star defeated the likes of Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, and Dwayne Johnson for the crowd-favorite "Butt Kicker Award" by popular choice.
"You know I wasn't always a buttkicker. In fact, life has kicked my proverbial butt countless times in many ways for many years, until I decided one day to start kicking back. Now look at me!" Robert said during the March 29 event held in USC Galen Center, Los Angeles.
Indeed, no one has been through the highs and lows of success better than Robert Downey Jr. himself, according to People. But besides being a man with a good heart and a man of many talents, Robert was likewise named as the highest paid star by Forbes during his latest top-grossing movie, "The Avengers."
His net worth, according to CelebrityNetworth.com, remains at $140 million. Robert Downey Jr. is paid $75 million which makes him at the top of the list, according to the Huffington Post.
So what's making Robert Downey, Jr. busy? Besides the current production of the much-awaited "Iron Man 3" he will also lead Jon Favreau's "Chef" which will premiere on May 9. This indie film will also star Scarlett Johansson, Sofia Vergara and Dustin Hoffman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation