Robert Downey Jr. Celebrates Birthday Party by Taking a Group of Kids to the Movies
By Maychelle Ornos | April 9, 2014 8:07 AM EST
Robert Downey Jr. does not need to be in his "Iron Man" suit in order to be a hero for a bunch of kids on his 49th birthday. In celebration of his birth, the sleek star gathered up twenty kids from around the corner to watch the newly released "Captain America: the Winter Soldier" which he himself organized and hosted, as reported by Movies.com.
The party was a relaxed one with everyone in their pajamas, sources say. The room was filled with recliners, cute kiddie PJs, blankets and a day-filled of fun with no other than the "Iron Man" star himself.
Posting on his official Facebook account, Robert posed with two thumbs up with the children in the background, captioned "What better way to spend my birthday than recognizing the cosmic miracle of Captain America 2 opening the same day? Gonna wrangle about twenty kids to watch it with and partaaaaaaaaaaaaay Marvel-style!!!"
Such act of love by the actor came as no surprise as he recently received an award at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards. The "Iron Man" star defeated the likes of Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, and Dwayne Johnson for the crowd-favorite "Butt Kicker Award" by popular choice.
"You know I wasn't always a buttkicker. In fact, life has kicked my proverbial butt countless times in many ways for many years, until I decided one day to start kicking back. Now look at me!" Robert said during the March 29 event held in USC Galen Center, Los Angeles.
Indeed, no one has been through the highs and lows of success better than Robert Downey Jr. himself, according to People. But besides being a man with a good heart and a man of many talents, Robert was likewise named as the highest paid star by Forbes during his latest top-grossing movie, "The Avengers."
His net worth, according to CelebrityNetworth.com, remains at $140 million. Robert Downey Jr. is paid $75 million which makes him at the top of the list, according to the Huffington Post.
So what's making Robert Downey, Jr. busy? Besides the current production of the much-awaited "Iron Man 3" he will also lead Jon Favreau's "Chef" which will premiere on May 9. This indie film will also star Scarlett Johansson, Sofia Vergara and Dustin Hoffman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia