Ten Facts about Socialite Peaches Geldof that You Might Not Know: Tragically Died at 25 Years of Age
By nidhi tewari | April 9, 2014 7:57 AM EST
Socialite Peaches Geldof has shockingly passed away at a very young age of 25. The mommy to two beautiful children passed away suddenly on Monday, April 7 at her home in Kent, England. It is heartbreaking to see her Instagram account that is filled with pictures and videos of her two children, shared just hours before her death. Here are few things about Peaches that you may not have known. Let's find out.
Peaches Geldof, daughter of Bob Geldof, arrives for the European premiere of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2" in London in this November 14, 2012 file photo. Peaches Geldof has died at her home in Kent, southern England, aged 25, British media reported on April 7, 2014.
1. The socialite has two very beautiful and really young children who will miss her mother in their upbringing. Peaches' sons, Astala, 20 months, and Phaedra, 10 months, are seen on her Instagram page.
2. Peaches was a British socialite, journalist and even a model. She was born and brought up in public eye. She had written articles for Elle Girl, The Guardian, & The Daily Telegraph.
3. Peaches' father was Bob Geldof, who was singer of the Boomtown Rats & well known activist. He was married to Paula Yates, a well-known British journalist.
4. Peaches mom Paula died of an overdose of drugs in 2000 and the young Peaches could not get over the death of her mother and was severely affected by it.
5. Like Kourtney Kardashian, she advocated attachment parenting and loved being a mommy. "Becoming a mother was like becoming me, finally," the vibrant lady told Daily Mail in an interview just one month before her death.
6. The cause of Peaches death is still unknown but there is speculation in the media that she might have died of a drug overdose just like her mother Paula. Peaches also posted an old picture of her with her mother on her Instagram just before her death!
7. Her mother' death left a deep impact on Peaches mind and she talked to Elle about it in an earlier interview. "I remember the day my mother died, and it's still hard to talk about it. I just blocked it out.. I didn't grieve. I didn't cry at her funeral...I couldn't express anything because I was numb to it all. I don't blame her, I'm not angry with her, I understand her. I honestly understand what she was going through," Peaches said in a previous interview.
8. Peaches married drummer Max Drummey, 24 at a tender age of 19 without her father's knowledge. However the couple soon broke up after 6 months.
9. Peaches became a mommy first and then married Thomas Cohen, lead singer of band S.C.U.M wearing just a lace dress and a crown made of daises.
10. Peaches husband Thomas is heartbroken after the death of his wife. "My beloved wife Peaches was adored by myself and her two sons Astala and Phaedra and I shall bring them up with their mother in their hearts every day. We shall love her forever. Thomas, Astala and Phaedra Geldof-Cohen," Cohen said in a statement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video