Watch Champions League Quarterfinal: Borussia Dortmund vs Real Madrid Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | April 9, 2014 3:04 AM EST
Borussia Dortmund will aim for a miracle when they host Real Madrid, trailing 3-0 going into the second leg of their quarterfinal tie at the Westfalenstadion.
Where to Watch Live:
The game is scheduled for an 8.45 pm local time (7.45 pm BST, 12.15 am IST, 2.45 pm ET) start with live coverage on Ten Sports in India, Sky Sports 2 in the UK and Fox Sports in the US.
Catch the action via live streaming online in India HERE, while Latin America viewers can go HERE. US viewers can catch the action courtesy live streaming HERE, with the option in Canada to watch the game live online HERE. Viewers in Australia can live stream the game HERE,with the UK option HERE. Audience in the Middle East and North Africa can watch the match live online HERE, while South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa viewers can go HERE.
Real Madrid were just too strong for last year's runners-up in the first leg at the Bernabeu, but Dortmund will look towards last year's result against the same side, when they dismantled the Spanish giants in the first leg of the semifinals.
In a way the first leg result will free up Dortmund, who know they have very little choice but to go all out and attack from minute one.
"I don't think it is difficult to choose an approach for tomorrow's game," Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp said on Monday. "We got a result in Madrid which does not leave us with much choice. As always, we will give our all to win.
"I don't know how many miracles have been proclaimed before they happened. We don't have any right to speak about that, but we have the right to give everything tomorrow and perform with will power. If we somehow get a result that takes us through, then great, if not, we want to say goodbye to the Champions League with a good performance."
Dortmund were sloppy at the back in the first leg, allowing Real to take an early lead through Gareth Bale, before further goals from Isco and Cristiano Ronaldo put the German side with one-and-a-half feet out of the door.
"You can go out against Real Madrid, that's not a problem," Klopp added. "But if you are not fully there, you will concede more than three goals. And I don't want that. In Madrid, we did not play well, but despite that we had many good chances. We did not defend well, we did not use our chances -- that's what we want to change.
"In the Champions League, it is all about delaying the moment when you exit the competition. Last year we went out in the final. This year it looks likely that it will be the quarterfinals. But it is not over yet. Currently, we are sort of second half specialists and this is the second half of the quarterfinals. We want to win it."
Real Madrid are fighting a desperate battle for the title in the La Liga, with Atletico Madrid and Barcelona holding the upper hand at the moment. Therefore, Real manager Carlo Ancelotti will know the importance of keeping his side in the Champions League for as long as possible, as they go hunting for that monumental "La Decima."
"Playing the second leg of the quarterfinal with the lead we have means I don't have to motivate the players," Ancelotti said. "We're very close to the semifinals and that's the best motivation possible. They have 90 minutes to score four goals and we have the same time to score one. The sooner we do it the quicker the tie will be over."
"We're only thinking about the win and we have to play our best football and try to repeat the game we had in the first leg. Our idea is the same as always -- try to play our game, which is attacking, while also defending together. If you focus on doing your job well you do not think about failure"
Team news: Borussia Dortmund: Sven Bender, Jakub Blaszczykowski, Ilkay Gundogan, Marcel Schmelzer and Neven Subotic remain sidelined, while Sebastian Kehl is suspended. On-loan Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin is a doubtful starter, while Klopp is optimistic over goalkeeper Roman Weidenfeller overcoming a hand injury.
Real Madrid: Talisman Ronaldo is unlikely to feature due to a knee injury which kept him out of the weekend's 4-0 La Liga win over Real Sociedad. The Portuguese superstar will only be risked if he is 100 percent fit, said Ancelotti, with the player's availability further shrinking after his early exit from a training session on Monday.
"He is being treated and yesterday he trained hard," Ancelotti said of Ronaldo. "We'll see what happens in training today [Monday] and decide whether to take any risks. If he's 100 percent he'll play, otherwise he won't."
Marcelo, Alvaro Arbeloa, Sami Khedira and Jese Rodriguez are definitely ruled out, while Bale is expected to be fit after picking up a knock on his knee on Saturday.
Expected lineups: Borussia Dortmund: Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Hummels, Papastathopoulos, Durm; Sahin, Groskreutz; Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Reus; Lewandowski.
Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao; Modric, Alonso, Isco; Bale, Benzema, Di Maria.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?