Watch Champions League Quarterfinal: Borussia Dortmund vs Real Madrid Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | April 9, 2014 3:04 AM EST
Borussia Dortmund will aim for a miracle when they host Real Madrid, trailing 3-0 going into the second leg of their quarterfinal tie at the Westfalenstadion.
Where to Watch Live:
The game is scheduled for an 8.45 pm local time (7.45 pm BST, 12.15 am IST, 2.45 pm ET) start with live coverage on Ten Sports in India, Sky Sports 2 in the UK and Fox Sports in the US.
Catch the action via live streaming online in India HERE, while Latin America viewers can go HERE. US viewers can catch the action courtesy live streaming HERE, with the option in Canada to watch the game live online HERE. Viewers in Australia can live stream the game HERE,with the UK option HERE. Audience in the Middle East and North Africa can watch the match live online HERE, while South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa viewers can go HERE.
Real Madrid were just too strong for last year's runners-up in the first leg at the Bernabeu, but Dortmund will look towards last year's result against the same side, when they dismantled the Spanish giants in the first leg of the semifinals.
In a way the first leg result will free up Dortmund, who know they have very little choice but to go all out and attack from minute one.
"I don't think it is difficult to choose an approach for tomorrow's game," Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp said on Monday. "We got a result in Madrid which does not leave us with much choice. As always, we will give our all to win.
"I don't know how many miracles have been proclaimed before they happened. We don't have any right to speak about that, but we have the right to give everything tomorrow and perform with will power. If we somehow get a result that takes us through, then great, if not, we want to say goodbye to the Champions League with a good performance."
Dortmund were sloppy at the back in the first leg, allowing Real to take an early lead through Gareth Bale, before further goals from Isco and Cristiano Ronaldo put the German side with one-and-a-half feet out of the door.
"You can go out against Real Madrid, that's not a problem," Klopp added. "But if you are not fully there, you will concede more than three goals. And I don't want that. In Madrid, we did not play well, but despite that we had many good chances. We did not defend well, we did not use our chances -- that's what we want to change.
"In the Champions League, it is all about delaying the moment when you exit the competition. Last year we went out in the final. This year it looks likely that it will be the quarterfinals. But it is not over yet. Currently, we are sort of second half specialists and this is the second half of the quarterfinals. We want to win it."
Real Madrid are fighting a desperate battle for the title in the La Liga, with Atletico Madrid and Barcelona holding the upper hand at the moment. Therefore, Real manager Carlo Ancelotti will know the importance of keeping his side in the Champions League for as long as possible, as they go hunting for that monumental "La Decima."
"Playing the second leg of the quarterfinal with the lead we have means I don't have to motivate the players," Ancelotti said. "We're very close to the semifinals and that's the best motivation possible. They have 90 minutes to score four goals and we have the same time to score one. The sooner we do it the quicker the tie will be over."
"We're only thinking about the win and we have to play our best football and try to repeat the game we had in the first leg. Our idea is the same as always -- try to play our game, which is attacking, while also defending together. If you focus on doing your job well you do not think about failure"
Team news: Borussia Dortmund: Sven Bender, Jakub Blaszczykowski, Ilkay Gundogan, Marcel Schmelzer and Neven Subotic remain sidelined, while Sebastian Kehl is suspended. On-loan Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin is a doubtful starter, while Klopp is optimistic over goalkeeper Roman Weidenfeller overcoming a hand injury.
Real Madrid: Talisman Ronaldo is unlikely to feature due to a knee injury which kept him out of the weekend's 4-0 La Liga win over Real Sociedad. The Portuguese superstar will only be risked if he is 100 percent fit, said Ancelotti, with the player's availability further shrinking after his early exit from a training session on Monday.
"He is being treated and yesterday he trained hard," Ancelotti said of Ronaldo. "We'll see what happens in training today [Monday] and decide whether to take any risks. If he's 100 percent he'll play, otherwise he won't."
Marcelo, Alvaro Arbeloa, Sami Khedira and Jese Rodriguez are definitely ruled out, while Bale is expected to be fit after picking up a knock on his knee on Saturday.
Expected lineups: Borussia Dortmund: Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Hummels, Papastathopoulos, Durm; Sahin, Groskreutz; Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Reus; Lewandowski.
Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao; Modric, Alonso, Isco; Bale, Benzema, Di Maria.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]