Assassin’s Creed: Unity to Allow Horizontal Wall Running? Creed Movie Gets New Writers
By Aditya Bhat | April 9, 2014 1:36 AM EST
Ubisoft's upcoming action-adventure video game Assassin's Creed Unity will allow players to run horizontally on walls, reported DualShockers.
Assassin’s Creed: Unity is in the works and is likely to be out by the end of 2014.
Following the leak of a possible Assassin on the streets of Paris, now in what looks like a trailer of the game, Jesse La Flair, a professional parkour artist, on a YouTube video, titled Assassins Creed: Horizontal Wall Run - Parkour Tutorial, speaks about horizontal wall run in the new Assassin's Creed game.
"What if I told you I may or may not have worked on the NEXT AC and they may or may not have added the ability to Horizontal Wall Run in the game...," La Flair posted with the video. Ubisoft had previously allowed players to experience horizontal running in Prince of Persia.
Unity will be set in the age of the French Revolution, bringing the game back to the European continent. Not much information on the game is available, apart from a teaser video. Unity might include different facets of the revolution, like the Storming of the Bastille, Reign of Terror, Robespierre and Jacobins.
Assassin's Creed: Unity is expected to roll out during the 2014 holidays for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
(YouTube Courtesy: Ubisoft)
Ubisoft had released Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag on 29 October, taking players to the islands of the Caribbean and to an age known as the Golden Age of Piracy, with Edward Kenway as its protagonist. The company also released a mobile game for iOS and Android devices, titledAssassin's Creed: Pirates, on 5 December.
Meanwhile, the Assassin's Creed movie gets two new writers in Adam Cooper and Bill Collage, who will be redrafting the live-action adaptation of the Ubisoft video game, reported Deadline. Cooper and Collage have been involved with movies like Steve Pink's "Accepted" and has also been linked to Darren Aronofsky's upcoming "The General".
The movie, which will feature the "12 years a Slave" star Michael Fassbender as the Assassin, was earlier drafted by Scott Frank and Michael Lesslie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen