Champions League News: United Striker Suggests an Upset on Wednesday, Trains with Squad Despite Toe Injury
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 8, 2014 10:56 PM EST
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney believes that the Red Devils can manage to come up with an upset on Wednesday against favourites Bayern Munich in their quarter-final fixture in the Champions League.
Manchester United's Rooney and Welbeck attend a practice session at the club's Carrington training centre in Manchester
"Everyone has their favourites every year - the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich - but it does not always happen," he told uefa.com.
"When Chelsea won it [in 2012] they nearly went out of the competition three times."
"We believe we can go through. We have good enough players."
"It will be tough because in my opinion Bayern and Barcelona are the two best teams left in the competition, so we have to be at our best."
"We are ready. It's an exciting game for us all - the players and the fans - and it's a massive game to be involved in."
Meanwhile, The Telegraph reported that Rooney was spotted in training today at Carrington after being temporarily sidelined because of a toe injury which he sustained in the first-leg against Bayern that ended in a 1-1 draw.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage