Champions League News: United Striker Suggests an Upset on Wednesday, Trains with Squad Despite Toe Injury
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 8, 2014 10:56 PM EST
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney believes that the Red Devils can manage to come up with an upset on Wednesday against favourites Bayern Munich in their quarter-final fixture in the Champions League.
Manchester United's Rooney and Welbeck attend a practice session at the club's Carrington training centre in Manchester
"Everyone has their favourites every year - the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich - but it does not always happen," he told uefa.com.
"When Chelsea won it [in 2012] they nearly went out of the competition three times."
"We believe we can go through. We have good enough players."
"It will be tough because in my opinion Bayern and Barcelona are the two best teams left in the competition, so we have to be at our best."
"We are ready. It's an exciting game for us all - the players and the fans - and it's a massive game to be involved in."
Meanwhile, The Telegraph reported that Rooney was spotted in training today at Carrington after being temporarily sidelined because of a toe injury which he sustained in the first-leg against Bayern that ended in a 1-1 draw.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine