Champions League News: Bayern Skipper Urged his Side to 'Play Good Football' against World-Class United
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 8, 2014 10:19 PM EST
Bayern Munich skipper Philip Lahm urged his teammates to "play good football" against Manchester United ahead of their quarter-final tie in the Champions League on Wednesday.
Manchester United are world class, with great history and big, experienced players. We have to play good football, in attack and in defence.” - Philip Lahm
"Manchester United are world class, with great history and big, experienced players. We have to play good football, in attack and in defence," he told uefa.com.
Despite being the underdogs, the Red Devils were able to force a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford, while the Bavarians have yet to come up with a win since clinching the Bundesliga about two weeks ago with a victory against Hertha Berlin.
The 30-year-old believes that their performance on the defensive end will determine the outcome of the return leg at the Allianz Arena.
"We did not give them many chances in Manchester and we have to play like that again. It was difficult for us in Manchester, but we worked well as a team in defence," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles