Chelsea FC News: Blues Boss Believes His Squad will Win against PSG
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 8, 2014 9:49 PM EST
Jose Mourinho believes that his Chelsea squad will be able to overturn a 3-1 deficit ahead of their Champions League quarter-final clash against Paris Saint Germain on Tuesday.
“If you ask me if I think we will win tomorrow, yes I think we will.” - Jose Mourinho
The Blues have struggled to produce goals consistently this season that have cost them to lose crucial games in the late stretch of the ongoing season, but with the right approach and attitude, the Portuguese mentor knows that his players will be able to deliver the goods.
"If you ask me if I think we will win tomorrow, yes I think we will," said Mourinho.
"I think we are going to win."
"At the end of the two legs I think we will score more goals than them. If I don't think that way, I won't go [to the game] tomorrow."
"We are going to score more goals than them. By the end of the two legs it can be 4-3, 5-4."
"I believe, and my players believe, that is the most important thing."
"The players have to show their quality, confidence and ambition."
"We have to enjoy the risk of the situation. At 21:30 [full time, local time] tomorrow we can be out and we know that we have this risk."
"But at 19:45 we have chances to be in the semi-final."
Witty as he is, Mourinho took some pressure off his team by portraying them as the underdogs, yet again.
"If PSG tomorrow are knocked out it is a big disappointment for them. If we are knocked out, it is something a lot of people expect," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date