Chelsea FC News: Blues Boss Believes His Squad will Win against PSG
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 8, 2014 9:49 PM EST
Jose Mourinho believes that his Chelsea squad will be able to overturn a 3-1 deficit ahead of their Champions League quarter-final clash against Paris Saint Germain on Tuesday.
“If you ask me if I think we will win tomorrow, yes I think we will.” - Jose Mourinho
The Blues have struggled to produce goals consistently this season that have cost them to lose crucial games in the late stretch of the ongoing season, but with the right approach and attitude, the Portuguese mentor knows that his players will be able to deliver the goods.
"If you ask me if I think we will win tomorrow, yes I think we will," said Mourinho.
"I think we are going to win."
"At the end of the two legs I think we will score more goals than them. If I don't think that way, I won't go [to the game] tomorrow."
"We are going to score more goals than them. By the end of the two legs it can be 4-3, 5-4."
"I believe, and my players believe, that is the most important thing."
"The players have to show their quality, confidence and ambition."
"We have to enjoy the risk of the situation. At 21:30 [full time, local time] tomorrow we can be out and we know that we have this risk."
"But at 19:45 we have chances to be in the semi-final."
Witty as he is, Mourinho took some pressure off his team by portraying them as the underdogs, yet again.
"If PSG tomorrow are knocked out it is a big disappointment for them. If we are knocked out, it is something a lot of people expect," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup