Chelsea FC News: Blues Boss Believes His Squad will Win against PSG
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 8, 2014 9:49 PM EST
Jose Mourinho believes that his Chelsea squad will be able to overturn a 3-1 deficit ahead of their Champions League quarter-final clash against Paris Saint Germain on Tuesday.
“If you ask me if I think we will win tomorrow, yes I think we will.” - Jose Mourinho
The Blues have struggled to produce goals consistently this season that have cost them to lose crucial games in the late stretch of the ongoing season, but with the right approach and attitude, the Portuguese mentor knows that his players will be able to deliver the goods.
"If you ask me if I think we will win tomorrow, yes I think we will," said Mourinho.
"I think we are going to win."
"At the end of the two legs I think we will score more goals than them. If I don't think that way, I won't go [to the game] tomorrow."
"We are going to score more goals than them. By the end of the two legs it can be 4-3, 5-4."
"I believe, and my players believe, that is the most important thing."
"The players have to show their quality, confidence and ambition."
"We have to enjoy the risk of the situation. At 21:30 [full time, local time] tomorrow we can be out and we know that we have this risk."
"But at 19:45 we have chances to be in the semi-final."
Witty as he is, Mourinho took some pressure off his team by portraying them as the underdogs, yet again.
"If PSG tomorrow are knocked out it is a big disappointment for them. If we are knocked out, it is something a lot of people expect," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage