Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Favourites to Land Madrid Defender, Held Discussions with Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 8, 2014 9:17 PM EST
Liverpool are believed to be in pole position to land Real Madrid defender Fabio Coentrao this summer.
Liverpool are in pole position to sign Real Madrid defender Fabio Coentrao
The Portugal international is finding himself below the pecking order at the Bernabeu, with the Brazilian superstar Marcelo preferred as starter, while reserve Nacho Fernandez is slowly making his mark with the Los Blancos.
The 26-year-old has only featured seven times in the La Liga and two in the Champions League, being left out of the squad for most of the ongoing campaign.
The Mirror suggests that representatives from the Merseyside outfit have held discussions with Coentrao's agent, Jorge Mendes, last week for a possible move in the next transfer window.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to add depth to the left-back position, with loanee Aly Cissokho set to return to his parent club Valencia after a season-long loan, while the participation of veteran Jose Enrique remains a question mark because of his recurring knee injury.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu