Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Favourites to Land Madrid Defender, Held Discussions with Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 8, 2014 9:17 PM EST
Liverpool are believed to be in pole position to land Real Madrid defender Fabio Coentrao this summer.
Liverpool are in pole position to sign Real Madrid defender Fabio Coentrao
The Portugal international is finding himself below the pecking order at the Bernabeu, with the Brazilian superstar Marcelo preferred as starter, while reserve Nacho Fernandez is slowly making his mark with the Los Blancos.
The 26-year-old has only featured seven times in the La Liga and two in the Champions League, being left out of the squad for most of the ongoing campaign.
The Mirror suggests that representatives from the Merseyside outfit have held discussions with Coentrao's agent, Jorge Mendes, last week for a possible move in the next transfer window.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to add depth to the left-back position, with loanee Aly Cissokho set to return to his parent club Valencia after a season-long loan, while the participation of veteran Jose Enrique remains a question mark because of his recurring knee injury.
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air