National All is Ours Day 2014: Get Inspired about Wonderful Things in Life; Top 10 Quotes, Lines
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 8, 2014 8:53 PM EST
The National All is Ours Day is celebrated each year on 8 April, and among all the informal national days, this one is rather unique - for the simple fact that it is perhaps among the very few days which give us an opportunity to reflect on all the wonderful things surrounding us and realise that "all is indeed ours".
The Buff-tailed Sicklebill, a Hermit hummingbird, is seen with one of the flowers to which they are specialized. Get inspired about the wonderful things in life on National All is Ours Day 2014. (Photo: Reuters)
It is a day to think about the entire world and appreciate what we have, rather than what we do not. It is a day for us to rejoice at the fact that the whole world is filled with beautiful things that belong to each and every one of us.
Concept of the day:
One may not be able to trace the origin of the concept of the National All is Ours Day but there are two aspects to this glorious observance.
The first aspect is to know and appreciate all the wonderful things in the world. It is a day that propagates the need for humans to be more aware of our surroundings and understand, appreciate and accept what exists in them.
The other aspect urges human beings to introspect on the fact that a lot of things belong to a shared collective human civilization, and hence it is of paramount importance that we inculcate the humane nature of sharing and caring. This is where the world "all" comes into the picture.
Here are some inspiring quotes and lines to be shared on 'National All is Ours Day' 2014.
1. Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius
2. To love beauty is to see light - Victor Hugo
3. Of life's two chief prizes, beauty and truth, I found the first in a loving heart and the second in a laborer's hand - Khalil Gibran
4. Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting - Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness - John Keats.
6. Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy - Anne Frank
7. Flowers...are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty out-values all the utilities of the world - Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. Rare is the union of beauty and purity - Juvenal
9. It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness - Leo Tolstoy
10. Beauty is not caused. It is - Emily Dickinson
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28