National All is Ours Day 2014: Get Inspired about Wonderful Things in Life; Top 10 Quotes, Lines
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 8, 2014 8:53 PM EST
The National All is Ours Day is celebrated each year on 8 April, and among all the informal national days, this one is rather unique - for the simple fact that it is perhaps among the very few days which give us an opportunity to reflect on all the wonderful things surrounding us and realise that "all is indeed ours".
The Buff-tailed Sicklebill, a Hermit hummingbird, is seen with one of the flowers to which they are specialized. Get inspired about the wonderful things in life on National All is Ours Day 2014. (Photo: Reuters)
It is a day to think about the entire world and appreciate what we have, rather than what we do not. It is a day for us to rejoice at the fact that the whole world is filled with beautiful things that belong to each and every one of us.
Concept of the day:
One may not be able to trace the origin of the concept of the National All is Ours Day but there are two aspects to this glorious observance.
The first aspect is to know and appreciate all the wonderful things in the world. It is a day that propagates the need for humans to be more aware of our surroundings and understand, appreciate and accept what exists in them.
The other aspect urges human beings to introspect on the fact that a lot of things belong to a shared collective human civilization, and hence it is of paramount importance that we inculcate the humane nature of sharing and caring. This is where the world "all" comes into the picture.
Here are some inspiring quotes and lines to be shared on 'National All is Ours Day' 2014.
1. Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius
2. To love beauty is to see light - Victor Hugo
3. Of life's two chief prizes, beauty and truth, I found the first in a loving heart and the second in a laborer's hand - Khalil Gibran
4. Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting - Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness - John Keats.
6. Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy - Anne Frank
7. Flowers...are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty out-values all the utilities of the world - Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. Rare is the union of beauty and purity - Juvenal
9. It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness - Leo Tolstoy
10. Beauty is not caused. It is - Emily Dickinson
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2