Maruti Suzuki to Recall 1.5 Lakh Swift Dzires over Faulty Fuel Filler
By greeshma m | April 8, 2014 8:36 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest car maker is reportedly set to announce a voluntary recall of 1.5 lakh Swift Dzire in India, over a possible problem with the car's fuel neck filler, said a new report.
A worker cleans a Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire car as he is reflected in a car at the company's stock yard at Sanand in Gujarat.
The company will recall 1.5 lakh units of the Swift Dzire which are manufactured between 2013 and 2014, reported Financial Express, citing its sources.
Although the company is yet to announce the recall, report claims that the suppliers have already been informed and some of the vehicles with problems are still not out of the showrooms. If the report rings to be true, this will be the biggest recall over a single model. JBM is the supplier of the component.
"Out of the 1.5 lakh units affected under the recall, some are still in the dealerships. The supplier has already been informed of the defect and has started making the replacement parts," the industry source told FE.
This is not the first time Maruti withdrawing its vehicles from the market over technical glitches. In November 2013, the company had recalled 306 units of Ertiga, 592 units of Swift, 581 units of Dzire and 13 units of A-star models in the country to fix the problem with the steering column. Previously, the company had taken back 13,157 units of Dzire, Swift and Ritz in April 2011. In February 2010, around one lakh units of Maruti's flagship export model A-Star were also recalled.
Meanwhile, in March, Maruti Suzuki posted 5.5 percent decline in total sales. The company's total vehicle sales stood at 1,13,350 units, as against the 1,19,937 units in the corresponding month last year and the domestic sales witnessed a dip by 5.2 percent in the month of March 2014, as against 1,07,890 units in March 2013. The export of the company declined by eight percent to 11,081 units in March against 12,047 units in the corresponding month last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install