Maruti Suzuki to Recall 1.5 Lakh Swift Dzires over Faulty Fuel Filler
By greeshma m | April 8, 2014 8:36 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest car maker is reportedly set to announce a voluntary recall of 1.5 lakh Swift Dzire in India, over a possible problem with the car's fuel neck filler, said a new report.
A worker cleans a Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire car as he is reflected in a car at the company's stock yard at Sanand in Gujarat.
The company will recall 1.5 lakh units of the Swift Dzire which are manufactured between 2013 and 2014, reported Financial Express, citing its sources.
Although the company is yet to announce the recall, report claims that the suppliers have already been informed and some of the vehicles with problems are still not out of the showrooms. If the report rings to be true, this will be the biggest recall over a single model. JBM is the supplier of the component.
"Out of the 1.5 lakh units affected under the recall, some are still in the dealerships. The supplier has already been informed of the defect and has started making the replacement parts," the industry source told FE.
This is not the first time Maruti withdrawing its vehicles from the market over technical glitches. In November 2013, the company had recalled 306 units of Ertiga, 592 units of Swift, 581 units of Dzire and 13 units of A-star models in the country to fix the problem with the steering column. Previously, the company had taken back 13,157 units of Dzire, Swift and Ritz in April 2011. In February 2010, around one lakh units of Maruti's flagship export model A-Star were also recalled.
Meanwhile, in March, Maruti Suzuki posted 5.5 percent decline in total sales. The company's total vehicle sales stood at 1,13,350 units, as against the 1,19,937 units in the corresponding month last year and the domestic sales witnessed a dip by 5.2 percent in the month of March 2014, as against 1,07,890 units in March 2013. The export of the company declined by eight percent to 11,081 units in March against 12,047 units in the corresponding month last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon