'Thalaivaa' Director Vijay, Amala Paul Marriage on Cards?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 8, 2014 7:43 PM EST
There have been speculations doing the rounds that actress Amala Paul is all set to tie the knot with director Vijay of "Thalaivaa" fame.
Amala Paul (Facebook/SIIMA)
Buzz is that Amala and Vijay will be marrying on 12 June 2014 at a famous wedding hall in Chennai. But, sources close to Vijay have told Times of India that the director's marriage with Amala is on cards, but the wedding date is not yet fixed. "There is no truth in rumours that the wedding dates have been finalized," the source told the daily.
The source has also further stated that the couple's wedding date depends on the release of Vijay's upcoming film "Saivam." If "Saivam" hits the screens on 1 May, then the wedding might take place in June, the source has said.
Rumours about the close ties between Vijay and Amala have been doing the rounds for some time. However, both of them had maintained silence about it.
But now, Amala has come forward and issued a press statement regarding the buzz about her wedding. The actress stated, "I wish to announce to my media friends about my future plans with Director Vijay once he arrives from his trip abroad. Until then, I request the media friends to wait for authenticated reports on me, Director Vijay and our future."
Fans of Amala and Vijay will now be eagerly waiting to get an official announcement from them.
In the past, Amala has worked in two of Vijay's films - "Deiva Thirumagal" and "Thalaivaa." The actress has been busy with several projects in her kitty. Recently, she was seen in Jayam Ravi's "Nimirndhu Nil" and her upcoming projects include the Telugu version of "Nimirndhu Nil," "Velaiyilla Pattathari" and a Malayalam film titled "Lailaa O Lailaa."
Amala will also be making a cameo appearance in Parthipan's "Kathai Thiraikathai Vasanam Iyakkam," and two of her new films are currently in pre-production stage.
On the other hand, director Vijay is busy with the post-production work of "Saivam." There is also buzz that the director will be teaming with Arya for his next film, which is expected to go on floors by the end of 2014. However, an official confirmation regarding the project is still awaited.
Photo credit: Facebook/SIIMA
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia