Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia Launches Online Shop Featuring Catwalk Designs
By Anne Lu | April 8, 2014 5:05 PM EST
The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia now allows fashion enthusiasts to buy the looks from the runway. Labels like Carla Zampatti, Talulah, and Kahlo are now available for purchase as they come down the runway by consumers around the world.
IMG Fashion, which owns and operates the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia, has created an e-commerce platform that allows consumers to shop from the participating designers’ spring/summer 2014/2015 collections as they are unveiled.
Customers will receive their purchases months in advance of the wardrobe pieces being available for retail.
Apart from going online, consumers can also tweet or text. They can tweet “SHOPTHERUNWAY” to @MBFWBoutique to see all the pieces available, or text “SHOPTHERUNWAY” to +61 417 645 503+61 417 645 503. They will immediately receive a reply with a link to the e-commerce mobile site, where they can check and buy the items.
“Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia is the first event in our family of global platforms that adopts this new technology. The initiative helps convert consumer interest into commercial outcomes for our designers, and provides an added value and measurable benefit of staging their MBFW show,” IMG Fashion Events and Properties SVP and Managing Director, Catherine Bennett, said in a statement.
“As IMG Fashion’s global offerings evolve, it’s important to us that we continue to provide designers with the necessary tools to reach the industry and to also engage the consumer in the early stages of a collection’s lifespan.”
A pop-up store will also operate in the Hub during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Weekend Edition.
Examples of pieces available include a Merino wool jacket by Phoenix Keating worth $699, a Sebastian top by Gail Sorronda for $330, a heartlines one-piece swimsuit by Talulah worth $149.95, and a superflex bicolour tie back dress by By Johnny worth $300.
The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia commenced on April 6 and will conclude on the 10th.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- JC Penney Black Friday 2014 Sale Includes Doorbusters And Big Buys For Select Liz Claiborne Apparel And Men's Dockers Signature Khaki Pants
- Kendall Jenner Listed In Top 50 Models List Where Her Friend Model Cara Delevingne Not Mentioned
- Beware: Black Friday Bargain Hunters, Clothes With Deep Discounts Are About To Go Out Of Fashion
- Katie Price Says She Has No Naked Selfies, Wants Julia Roberts, Megan Fox Or Carmen Electra To Play Her On Movie
- Kendall Jenner Is Changing The Face Of Fashion With Three Covers For Dazed Magazine
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More