Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia Launches Online Shop Featuring Catwalk Designs
By Anne Lu | April 8, 2014 5:05 PM EST
The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia now allows fashion enthusiasts to buy the looks from the runway. Labels like Carla Zampatti, Talulah, and Kahlo are now available for purchase as they come down the runway by consumers around the world.
IMG Fashion, which owns and operates the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia, has created an e-commerce platform that allows consumers to shop from the participating designers’ spring/summer 2014/2015 collections as they are unveiled.
Customers will receive their purchases months in advance of the wardrobe pieces being available for retail.
Apart from going online, consumers can also tweet or text. They can tweet “SHOPTHERUNWAY” to @MBFWBoutique to see all the pieces available, or text “SHOPTHERUNWAY” to +61 417 645 503+61 417 645 503. They will immediately receive a reply with a link to the e-commerce mobile site, where they can check and buy the items.
“Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia is the first event in our family of global platforms that adopts this new technology. The initiative helps convert consumer interest into commercial outcomes for our designers, and provides an added value and measurable benefit of staging their MBFW show,” IMG Fashion Events and Properties SVP and Managing Director, Catherine Bennett, said in a statement.
“As IMG Fashion’s global offerings evolve, it’s important to us that we continue to provide designers with the necessary tools to reach the industry and to also engage the consumer in the early stages of a collection’s lifespan.”
A pop-up store will also operate in the Hub during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Weekend Edition.
Examples of pieces available include a Merino wool jacket by Phoenix Keating worth $699, a Sebastian top by Gail Sorronda for $330, a heartlines one-piece swimsuit by Talulah worth $149.95, and a superflex bicolour tie back dress by By Johnny worth $300.
The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia commenced on April 6 and will conclude on the 10th.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rumer Willis Racy Side, Bruce Willis' Daughter Flaunts Side Boob In Loose Grey Top
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Raids Kylie Jenner's Closet And Gets Inspiration From Her Other Sister's Outfits
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Included In Time Magazine's Most Influential Teenagers [PHOTOS]
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Hire A Tailor And Stylist For Baby North
- Kendall Jenner Not Interested In Dating: 'She isn't interested in becoming one half of a power couple'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks