Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia Launches Online Shop Featuring Catwalk Designs
By Anne Lu | April 8, 2014 5:05 PM EST
The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia now allows fashion enthusiasts to buy the looks from the runway. Labels like Carla Zampatti, Talulah, and Kahlo are now available for purchase as they come down the runway by consumers around the world.
IMG Fashion, which owns and operates the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia, has created an e-commerce platform that allows consumers to shop from the participating designers’ spring/summer 2014/2015 collections as they are unveiled.
Customers will receive their purchases months in advance of the wardrobe pieces being available for retail.
Apart from going online, consumers can also tweet or text. They can tweet “SHOPTHERUNWAY” to @MBFWBoutique to see all the pieces available, or text “SHOPTHERUNWAY” to +61 417 645 503+61 417 645 503. They will immediately receive a reply with a link to the e-commerce mobile site, where they can check and buy the items.
“Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia is the first event in our family of global platforms that adopts this new technology. The initiative helps convert consumer interest into commercial outcomes for our designers, and provides an added value and measurable benefit of staging their MBFW show,” IMG Fashion Events and Properties SVP and Managing Director, Catherine Bennett, said in a statement.
“As IMG Fashion’s global offerings evolve, it’s important to us that we continue to provide designers with the necessary tools to reach the industry and to also engage the consumer in the early stages of a collection’s lifespan.”
A pop-up store will also operate in the Hub during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Weekend Edition.
Examples of pieces available include a Merino wool jacket by Phoenix Keating worth $699, a Sebastian top by Gail Sorronda for $330, a heartlines one-piece swimsuit by Talulah worth $149.95, and a superflex bicolour tie back dress by By Johnny worth $300.
The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia commenced on April 6 and will conclude on the 10th.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS