Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia Launches Online Shop Featuring Catwalk Designs
By Anne Lu | April 8, 2014 5:05 PM EST
The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia now allows fashion enthusiasts to buy the looks from the runway. Labels like Carla Zampatti, Talulah, and Kahlo are now available for purchase as they come down the runway by consumers around the world.
IMG Fashion, which owns and operates the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia, has created an e-commerce platform that allows consumers to shop from the participating designers’ spring/summer 2014/2015 collections as they are unveiled.
Customers will receive their purchases months in advance of the wardrobe pieces being available for retail.
Apart from going online, consumers can also tweet or text. They can tweet “SHOPTHERUNWAY” to @MBFWBoutique to see all the pieces available, or text “SHOPTHERUNWAY” to +61 417 645 503+61 417 645 503. They will immediately receive a reply with a link to the e-commerce mobile site, where they can check and buy the items.
“Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia is the first event in our family of global platforms that adopts this new technology. The initiative helps convert consumer interest into commercial outcomes for our designers, and provides an added value and measurable benefit of staging their MBFW show,” IMG Fashion Events and Properties SVP and Managing Director, Catherine Bennett, said in a statement.
“As IMG Fashion’s global offerings evolve, it’s important to us that we continue to provide designers with the necessary tools to reach the industry and to also engage the consumer in the early stages of a collection’s lifespan.”
A pop-up store will also operate in the Hub during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Weekend Edition.
Examples of pieces available include a Merino wool jacket by Phoenix Keating worth $699, a Sebastian top by Gail Sorronda for $330, a heartlines one-piece swimsuit by Talulah worth $149.95, and a superflex bicolour tie back dress by By Johnny worth $300.
The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia commenced on April 6 and will conclude on the 10th.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner Responds To Fat Accusations By Eating Gelato
- Kendall Jenner Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Man In Milan
- Kim, Kourtney And Khloe Kardashian Show Full Support For Kendall Jenner In Milan Fashion Week Amid Bullying Reports
- Kim Kardashian Attends Gallery Opening In A Sexy Top Amid Nude Photo Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Admits Using Instagram To Find Inspiration For Kardashian Kollection Designs
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?