Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia Launches Online Shop Featuring Catwalk Designs
By Anne Lu | April 8, 2014 5:05 PM EST
The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia now allows fashion enthusiasts to buy the looks from the runway. Labels like Carla Zampatti, Talulah, and Kahlo are now available for purchase as they come down the runway by consumers around the world.
IMG Fashion, which owns and operates the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia, has created an e-commerce platform that allows consumers to shop from the participating designers’ spring/summer 2014/2015 collections as they are unveiled.
Customers will receive their purchases months in advance of the wardrobe pieces being available for retail.
Apart from going online, consumers can also tweet or text. They can tweet “SHOPTHERUNWAY” to @MBFWBoutique to see all the pieces available, or text “SHOPTHERUNWAY” to +61 417 645 503+61 417 645 503. They will immediately receive a reply with a link to the e-commerce mobile site, where they can check and buy the items.
“Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia is the first event in our family of global platforms that adopts this new technology. The initiative helps convert consumer interest into commercial outcomes for our designers, and provides an added value and measurable benefit of staging their MBFW show,” IMG Fashion Events and Properties SVP and Managing Director, Catherine Bennett, said in a statement.
“As IMG Fashion’s global offerings evolve, it’s important to us that we continue to provide designers with the necessary tools to reach the industry and to also engage the consumer in the early stages of a collection’s lifespan.”
A pop-up store will also operate in the Hub during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Weekend Edition.
Examples of pieces available include a Merino wool jacket by Phoenix Keating worth $699, a Sebastian top by Gail Sorronda for $330, a heartlines one-piece swimsuit by Talulah worth $149.95, and a superflex bicolour tie back dress by By Johnny worth $300.
The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia commenced on April 6 and will conclude on the 10th.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kim Kardashian Shares A Preview Of Her Looks For Upcoming Hype Energy Drink Commercial
- Chloe Grace Moretz Graces Cover of Allure Magazine: Reveals Beauty Secrets, Talks About 'If I Stay' [SEE VIDEO]
- Kelly Osbourne Hires Kim Kardashian's Manufacturer to Launch Her Fashion Clothing Line
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- The Generous Side of Kendall Jenner: Kendall Leaves Massive Tip of 30 Percent on a Restaurant Bill
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members