Miley Cyrus Disappoints North Carolina: Cancels 'Bangerz' Concert Because of Flu
By nidhi tewari | April 8, 2014 5:05 PM EST
Miley Cyrus' fans have been left disappointed. The 21-year-old singer has cancelled her tour in Charlotte, North Carolina on Monday by the last minute. Fans were present at the Time Warner Cable Arena waiting for the twerking queen to perform but had to return back to their homes because the singer cancelled the tour.
REUTERS/Paul Vreeker/United Ph
Miley Cyrus arrives at the 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam November 10, 2013.
No, the reason is not the death of Miley's dog. The singer was strong enough to face the audience when her beloved dog Floyd died and gave an emotional performance. The singer instead cancelled her tour this time around because she has been struck by the flu. The doctors have advised Miley to take rest for a couple of days to recoup and continue her other tours successfully. The refund of the tickets will happen in the accounts of the fans automatically.
However, "Smilers" have not taken the news of Miley's tour cancelation positively. Some of them are angry and are blaming Miley's hard party habits for getting the tour cancelled.
"See, she was too busy licking the mirror and time got away from her and she forgot she had a show in Charlotte..," writes Lisa Wheeler Darcy on Facebook page of Miley Cyrus.
"Did she get sick from all of the random thongs she puts in her mouth," jokes Jessica Gisevius on same page.
While others believe Miley cancelled the show because she is undergoing a sad phase in her life and is devastated.
"Miley canceled! Her dog was killed by coyotes. She's devastated," Jen Stinespring on Facebook page.
Miley is undergoing a sad phase in her life at present. The 21-year-old has been mourning the death of her pet dog Floyd who was killed in an accident recently. The singer was quite depressed by his loss and even broke down on stage at her recent concert and dedicated a song to him too.
On Saturday, the singer gave an emotional performance at Brooklyn's Barclays Center where she performed in front of a huge robotic-looking replica of her late Alaskan Klee Kai pup.
Though Miley's mother Tish Cyrus has bought a new puppy for Miley soon after the death of her beloved dog Floyd, Miley's loss seems irreparable. She has named him Moonie.
"No one could ever replace my baby Floyd but this precious angel is lendin me some fur to cry on along with my other babies," Miley wrote on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks