Miley Cyrus Disappoints North Carolina: Cancels 'Bangerz' Concert Because of Flu
By nidhi tewari | April 8, 2014 5:05 PM EST
Miley Cyrus' fans have been left disappointed. The 21-year-old singer has cancelled her tour in Charlotte, North Carolina on Monday by the last minute. Fans were present at the Time Warner Cable Arena waiting for the twerking queen to perform but had to return back to their homes because the singer cancelled the tour.
REUTERS/Paul Vreeker/United Ph
Miley Cyrus arrives at the 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam November 10, 2013.
No, the reason is not the death of Miley's dog. The singer was strong enough to face the audience when her beloved dog Floyd died and gave an emotional performance. The singer instead cancelled her tour this time around because she has been struck by the flu. The doctors have advised Miley to take rest for a couple of days to recoup and continue her other tours successfully. The refund of the tickets will happen in the accounts of the fans automatically.
However, "Smilers" have not taken the news of Miley's tour cancelation positively. Some of them are angry and are blaming Miley's hard party habits for getting the tour cancelled.
"See, she was too busy licking the mirror and time got away from her and she forgot she had a show in Charlotte..," writes Lisa Wheeler Darcy on Facebook page of Miley Cyrus.
"Did she get sick from all of the random thongs she puts in her mouth," jokes Jessica Gisevius on same page.
While others believe Miley cancelled the show because she is undergoing a sad phase in her life and is devastated.
"Miley canceled! Her dog was killed by coyotes. She's devastated," Jen Stinespring on Facebook page.
Miley is undergoing a sad phase in her life at present. The 21-year-old has been mourning the death of her pet dog Floyd who was killed in an accident recently. The singer was quite depressed by his loss and even broke down on stage at her recent concert and dedicated a song to him too.
On Saturday, the singer gave an emotional performance at Brooklyn's Barclays Center where she performed in front of a huge robotic-looking replica of her late Alaskan Klee Kai pup.
Though Miley's mother Tish Cyrus has bought a new puppy for Miley soon after the death of her beloved dog Floyd, Miley's loss seems irreparable. She has named him Moonie.
"No one could ever replace my baby Floyd but this precious angel is lendin me some fur to cry on along with my other babies," Miley wrote on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People