No More Google Nexus 10 2 Release as Company Updated Previous Tablet
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 8, 2014 5:00 PM EST
There will be no Google Nexus 10 2 release date as the company has recently rolled out an updated version of the first-generation tablet.
The 2012 variant of the Nexus 10 earlier disappeared from Google Play Store and was changed to "Coming Soon." This has led to speculations that the successor of Nexus 10 tablet will arrive soon. But the Nexus 10 made a comeback in the Play Store with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS in tow.
Photo of the Nexus 10, taken from http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html, which is released under CC 2.5 Attribution. Portions of this page are reproduced from work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License.
Motoring Crunch reported Google Nexus 10 2 release date was delayed due to the mix-up with the manufacturers which will take the helm in creating the tablet. Reports claimed Samsung, LG, ASUS and HTC are the possible manufacturers of Nexus 10 2.
To add fuel to the fire, a new Samsung tablet with 10.5 inches Super AMOLED screen display was in the works. A spec sheet of a new slab with the model number SM-T800 was spotted by SamMobile. This could be the upcoming Google's tablet.
According to the document, the tablet will pack a 2560 x 1600 resolution Super AMOLED screen, quad-core Snapdragon processor and 2 GB RAM, Android KitKat 4.4.2 OS, 8 MP rear camera and 2 MP front-facing sensor, microSD card slot and 7,900 mAh battery. The tablet will be available in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB storage variants.
Meanwhile, some of Google Nexus 10 2 rumored features are 10.1-inch size with a 2560 x 1600 resolution and protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Under the hood, there will be 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor or the NVIDIA Tegra 4, 3 GB RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. For storage, there will be the standard 16 GB and 32 GB variants. As for the camera, the tablet will pack an 8 MP at the back and the front camera could be 2.1 MP. The tablet will also pack a dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, dual-side NFC and 9500 mAh non-removable battery.
Google still has not revealed the definite release date of the Google's full-fledged tablet. Latest reports claimed Nexus 10 2 will be released either in August at the company's annual I/O Conference.
Other speculations claimed the 10-inch metal slab will be launched at a much later date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand