Honda Jazz, Mobilio to Undergo Production in India; Launch, Price Details
By greeshma m | April 8, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Japanese car maker Honda will commence the production of the company's next offering Jazz and Mobilio at the local facilities in coming months, claims a new report.
Honda Jazz and Mobilio to Undergo Production in India; Launch, Price Details
AutoCar Professional, citing the industry sources reported that the Honda's Mobilio MPV will go into production in June 2014 at the company's Greater Noida plant and the car is likely to reach the market anytime between July and September. Initially, Honda will manufacture 45,000 units of Mobilio.
Mobilio MPV will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. The reports suggest that the Honda Mobilio will be the most fuel efficient car in the domestic market in the MPV segment. While the petrol model of the car will pack 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol motor, which can churn out a power of 117bhp and the diesel variant will come with 98bhp, 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel unit. The car which will take on the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Chevrolet Enjoy and Nissan Evalia in the domestic market is likely to fall in the price range of ₹6 lakh to ₹8.50 lakh (ex-showroom).
The report also said that Honda's much awaited 2014 Jazz, which made its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo, will undergo production in July this year at the company's new Tapukara plant in Rajasthan in volumes of 20,000 units per annum. The Jazz which is already on sales in Japan will be offered in both petrol and diesel engine variants in India.
The petrol version of the Jazz is speculated to pack the same 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine that powers Amaze and Brio, which can generate a power of 87bhp, with a torque of 110Nm at 4800rpm. The diesel Jazz is likely to pack a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel motor, which can pump 100PS of power and 200Nm torque.
The car will come loaded with features like power steering with mounted audio controls, front and rear power windows, electrically adjustable rear view mirrors, climate control unit and more. The exciting factor of the 2014 Honda Jazz is the addition of diesel engine. Honda Jazz is speculated to come in early 2015.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected