Honda Jazz, Mobilio to Undergo Production in India; Launch, Price Details
By greeshma m | April 8, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Japanese car maker Honda will commence the production of the company's next offering Jazz and Mobilio at the local facilities in coming months, claims a new report.
Honda Jazz and Mobilio to Undergo Production in India; Launch, Price Details
AutoCar Professional, citing the industry sources reported that the Honda's Mobilio MPV will go into production in June 2014 at the company's Greater Noida plant and the car is likely to reach the market anytime between July and September. Initially, Honda will manufacture 45,000 units of Mobilio.
Mobilio MPV will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. The reports suggest that the Honda Mobilio will be the most fuel efficient car in the domestic market in the MPV segment. While the petrol model of the car will pack 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol motor, which can churn out a power of 117bhp and the diesel variant will come with 98bhp, 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel unit. The car which will take on the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Chevrolet Enjoy and Nissan Evalia in the domestic market is likely to fall in the price range of ₹6 lakh to ₹8.50 lakh (ex-showroom).
The report also said that Honda's much awaited 2014 Jazz, which made its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo, will undergo production in July this year at the company's new Tapukara plant in Rajasthan in volumes of 20,000 units per annum. The Jazz which is already on sales in Japan will be offered in both petrol and diesel engine variants in India.
The petrol version of the Jazz is speculated to pack the same 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine that powers Amaze and Brio, which can generate a power of 87bhp, with a torque of 110Nm at 4800rpm. The diesel Jazz is likely to pack a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel motor, which can pump 100PS of power and 200Nm torque.
The car will come loaded with features like power steering with mounted audio controls, front and rear power windows, electrically adjustable rear view mirrors, climate control unit and more. The exciting factor of the 2014 Honda Jazz is the addition of diesel engine. Honda Jazz is speculated to come in early 2015.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools