Honda Jazz, Mobilio to Undergo Production in India; Launch, Price Details
By greeshma m | April 8, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Japanese car maker Honda will commence the production of the company's next offering Jazz and Mobilio at the local facilities in coming months, claims a new report.
Honda Jazz and Mobilio to Undergo Production in India; Launch, Price Details
AutoCar Professional, citing the industry sources reported that the Honda's Mobilio MPV will go into production in June 2014 at the company's Greater Noida plant and the car is likely to reach the market anytime between July and September. Initially, Honda will manufacture 45,000 units of Mobilio.
Mobilio MPV will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. The reports suggest that the Honda Mobilio will be the most fuel efficient car in the domestic market in the MPV segment. While the petrol model of the car will pack 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol motor, which can churn out a power of 117bhp and the diesel variant will come with 98bhp, 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel unit. The car which will take on the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Chevrolet Enjoy and Nissan Evalia in the domestic market is likely to fall in the price range of ₹6 lakh to ₹8.50 lakh (ex-showroom).
The report also said that Honda's much awaited 2014 Jazz, which made its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo, will undergo production in July this year at the company's new Tapukara plant in Rajasthan in volumes of 20,000 units per annum. The Jazz which is already on sales in Japan will be offered in both petrol and diesel engine variants in India.
The petrol version of the Jazz is speculated to pack the same 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine that powers Amaze and Brio, which can generate a power of 87bhp, with a torque of 110Nm at 4800rpm. The diesel Jazz is likely to pack a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel motor, which can pump 100PS of power and 200Nm torque.
The car will come loaded with features like power steering with mounted audio controls, front and rear power windows, electrically adjustable rear view mirrors, climate control unit and more. The exciting factor of the 2014 Honda Jazz is the addition of diesel engine. Honda Jazz is speculated to come in early 2015.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales