Honda Jazz, Mobilio to Undergo Production in India; Launch, Price Details
By greeshma m | April 8, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Japanese car maker Honda will commence the production of the company's next offering Jazz and Mobilio at the local facilities in coming months, claims a new report.
Honda Jazz and Mobilio to Undergo Production in India; Launch, Price Details
AutoCar Professional, citing the industry sources reported that the Honda's Mobilio MPV will go into production in June 2014 at the company's Greater Noida plant and the car is likely to reach the market anytime between July and September. Initially, Honda will manufacture 45,000 units of Mobilio.
Mobilio MPV will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. The reports suggest that the Honda Mobilio will be the most fuel efficient car in the domestic market in the MPV segment. While the petrol model of the car will pack 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol motor, which can churn out a power of 117bhp and the diesel variant will come with 98bhp, 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel unit. The car which will take on the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Chevrolet Enjoy and Nissan Evalia in the domestic market is likely to fall in the price range of ₹6 lakh to ₹8.50 lakh (ex-showroom).
The report also said that Honda's much awaited 2014 Jazz, which made its first appearance at the Delhi Auto Expo, will undergo production in July this year at the company's new Tapukara plant in Rajasthan in volumes of 20,000 units per annum. The Jazz which is already on sales in Japan will be offered in both petrol and diesel engine variants in India.
The petrol version of the Jazz is speculated to pack the same 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine that powers Amaze and Brio, which can generate a power of 87bhp, with a torque of 110Nm at 4800rpm. The diesel Jazz is likely to pack a 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel motor, which can pump 100PS of power and 200Nm torque.
The car will come loaded with features like power steering with mounted audio controls, front and rear power windows, electrically adjustable rear view mirrors, climate control unit and more. The exciting factor of the 2014 Honda Jazz is the addition of diesel engine. Honda Jazz is speculated to come in early 2015.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports