Human Barbie Valeria Lukyanova Labelled ‘Racist Space Alien’; Blames Race Mixing for Lowering Beauty Standards
By Keerthi Mohan | April 8, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Valeria Lukyanova, the Ukrainian model who is popularly known as the human Barbie because of her doll-like features, has been called a “racist space alien” by GQ magazine after she blamed interracial couples for lowering beauty standards.
She stated in a recent GQ interview that race-mixing has popularised plastic surgery as children of interracial couple are not always happy with their features.
“Ethnicities are mixing now, so there’s degeneration, and it didn’t used to be like that,” she said in the interview.
“Remember how many beautiful women there were in the 1950s and 1960s, without any surgery? And now, thanks to degeneration, we have this. A Russian marries an Armenian, they have a kid, a cute girl, but she has her dad’s nose. She goes and files it down a little, and it’s all good,” she said.
She also went on to add that the idea of starting a family was something she looked down upon and said that children repulsed her.
“I’d rather die from torture because the worst thing in the world is to have a family lifestyle,” she said.
Lukyanova’s transformation into a human Barbie made international headlines in 2007 after she won the "Miss Diamond Crown of the World," a world-wide beauty contest, and the model’s bizarre beliefs have only managed to increase her popularity.
In an interview last year she said she was from another planet, possibly Venus, where only “love and joy” exist. She believes in the existence of aliens and has claimed to have established a communication channel with them.
“My communication with aliens is not verbal—we speak the language of light,” she said in the interview, according to The Daily Beast. “I have learned a lot from my contact with them. Aliens helped me understand everything about the creation of our world. It turns out that the truth has nothing to do with how religions interpret it.”
The 28-year-old, who is married to her childhood sweetheart, also refused to answer a question on if her husband was human.
“I prefer not to talk about that, as I do not want to damage his reputation,” Lukyanova said.
And recently, she once again captured the attention of the media when she declared to be a follower of Breatharianism – a practice where people think they can live without food and instead derive energy from the sun.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]