Human Barbie Valeria Lukyanova Labelled ‘Racist Space Alien’; Blames Race Mixing for Lowering Beauty Standards
By Keerthi Mohan | April 8, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Valeria Lukyanova, the Ukrainian model who is popularly known as the human Barbie because of her doll-like features, has been called a “racist space alien” by GQ magazine after she blamed interracial couples for lowering beauty standards.
She stated in a recent GQ interview that race-mixing has popularised plastic surgery as children of interracial couple are not always happy with their features.
“Ethnicities are mixing now, so there’s degeneration, and it didn’t used to be like that,” she said in the interview.
“Remember how many beautiful women there were in the 1950s and 1960s, without any surgery? And now, thanks to degeneration, we have this. A Russian marries an Armenian, they have a kid, a cute girl, but she has her dad’s nose. She goes and files it down a little, and it’s all good,” she said.
She also went on to add that the idea of starting a family was something she looked down upon and said that children repulsed her.
“I’d rather die from torture because the worst thing in the world is to have a family lifestyle,” she said.
Lukyanova’s transformation into a human Barbie made international headlines in 2007 after she won the "Miss Diamond Crown of the World," a world-wide beauty contest, and the model’s bizarre beliefs have only managed to increase her popularity.
In an interview last year she said she was from another planet, possibly Venus, where only “love and joy” exist. She believes in the existence of aliens and has claimed to have established a communication channel with them.
“My communication with aliens is not verbal—we speak the language of light,” she said in the interview, according to The Daily Beast. “I have learned a lot from my contact with them. Aliens helped me understand everything about the creation of our world. It turns out that the truth has nothing to do with how religions interpret it.”
The 28-year-old, who is married to her childhood sweetheart, also refused to answer a question on if her husband was human.
“I prefer not to talk about that, as I do not want to damage his reputation,” Lukyanova said.
And recently, she once again captured the attention of the media when she declared to be a follower of Breatharianism – a practice where people think they can live without food and instead derive energy from the sun.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report