Human Barbie Valeria Lukyanova Labelled ‘Racist Space Alien’; Blames Race Mixing for Lowering Beauty Standards
By Keerthi Mohan | April 8, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Valeria Lukyanova, the Ukrainian model who is popularly known as the human Barbie because of her doll-like features, has been called a “racist space alien” by GQ magazine after she blamed interracial couples for lowering beauty standards.
She stated in a recent GQ interview that race-mixing has popularised plastic surgery as children of interracial couple are not always happy with their features.
“Ethnicities are mixing now, so there’s degeneration, and it didn’t used to be like that,” she said in the interview.
“Remember how many beautiful women there were in the 1950s and 1960s, without any surgery? And now, thanks to degeneration, we have this. A Russian marries an Armenian, they have a kid, a cute girl, but she has her dad’s nose. She goes and files it down a little, and it’s all good,” she said.
She also went on to add that the idea of starting a family was something she looked down upon and said that children repulsed her.
“I’d rather die from torture because the worst thing in the world is to have a family lifestyle,” she said.
Lukyanova’s transformation into a human Barbie made international headlines in 2007 after she won the "Miss Diamond Crown of the World," a world-wide beauty contest, and the model’s bizarre beliefs have only managed to increase her popularity.
In an interview last year she said she was from another planet, possibly Venus, where only “love and joy” exist. She believes in the existence of aliens and has claimed to have established a communication channel with them.
“My communication with aliens is not verbal—we speak the language of light,” she said in the interview, according to The Daily Beast. “I have learned a lot from my contact with them. Aliens helped me understand everything about the creation of our world. It turns out that the truth has nothing to do with how religions interpret it.”
The 28-year-old, who is married to her childhood sweetheart, also refused to answer a question on if her husband was human.
“I prefer not to talk about that, as I do not want to damage his reputation,” Lukyanova said.
And recently, she once again captured the attention of the media when she declared to be a follower of Breatharianism – a practice where people think they can live without food and instead derive energy from the sun.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up