Human Barbie Valeria Lukyanova Labelled ‘Racist Space Alien’; Blames Race Mixing for Lowering Beauty Standards
By Keerthi Mohan | April 8, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Valeria Lukyanova, the Ukrainian model who is popularly known as the human Barbie because of her doll-like features, has been called a “racist space alien” by GQ magazine after she blamed interracial couples for lowering beauty standards.
She stated in a recent GQ interview that race-mixing has popularised plastic surgery as children of interracial couple are not always happy with their features.
“Ethnicities are mixing now, so there’s degeneration, and it didn’t used to be like that,” she said in the interview.
“Remember how many beautiful women there were in the 1950s and 1960s, without any surgery? And now, thanks to degeneration, we have this. A Russian marries an Armenian, they have a kid, a cute girl, but she has her dad’s nose. She goes and files it down a little, and it’s all good,” she said.
She also went on to add that the idea of starting a family was something she looked down upon and said that children repulsed her.
“I’d rather die from torture because the worst thing in the world is to have a family lifestyle,” she said.
Lukyanova’s transformation into a human Barbie made international headlines in 2007 after she won the "Miss Diamond Crown of the World," a world-wide beauty contest, and the model’s bizarre beliefs have only managed to increase her popularity.
In an interview last year she said she was from another planet, possibly Venus, where only “love and joy” exist. She believes in the existence of aliens and has claimed to have established a communication channel with them.
“My communication with aliens is not verbal—we speak the language of light,” she said in the interview, according to The Daily Beast. “I have learned a lot from my contact with them. Aliens helped me understand everything about the creation of our world. It turns out that the truth has nothing to do with how religions interpret it.”
The 28-year-old, who is married to her childhood sweetheart, also refused to answer a question on if her husband was human.
“I prefer not to talk about that, as I do not want to damage his reputation,” Lukyanova said.
And recently, she once again captured the attention of the media when she declared to be a follower of Breatharianism – a practice where people think they can live without food and instead derive energy from the sun.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff