Michael Walters Ruled Out for Injury
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 8, 2014 4:34 PM EST
Michael Walters of Fremantle could miss some upcoming matches if he has to undergo surgery, following his injury on the left ankle. He is replaced by Colin Sylvia, who is slated to make his debut.
Fremantle's operations manager, Chris Bond, stated that Michael will be kept under observation for the next 10 days to let the swelling dissipate before taking any further actions on surgery.
"After the surgeon has reviewed and reported on those scans next week, our medical team will be best placed to make a decision on whether or not surgery is required," Bond said.
Christopher Mayne also suffered an injury in his ankle and he should pass the fitness test before appearing for the upcoming match against Essendon on Sunday. However, Dockers coach Ross Lyon mentioned the injury as "significant."
"They look like significant ankles and we're still trying to work through them ... Mayne is probably in the better shape than Walters, but we will work through that," Lyon made the statement on radio 6PR.
Meanwhile, defender Garrick Ibbotson, who also dislocated his shoulder in the same match, is likely to stage a comeback in the upcoming match, provided he doesn't require any surgery.
Michael Barlow, on the other hand, will miss another month due to knee injury, and midfield Nat Fyfe is still serving his suspension. These results to Dockers missing some of the key players in the upcoming matches.
"It changes quickly in a week, doesn't it ... You finish the Gold Coast game and we're healthy and you lose two to suspension and you lose Barlow for five weeks ... It never rains it pours ... But as a club we're about fighting and growing ... We expect to perform at a high level still," Lyon added.
Veteran defender Dutin Fletcher may also miss the upcoming match on Sunday, and Paul Chapman looks like he is also suffering from ankle injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance