Michael Walters Ruled Out for Injury
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 8, 2014 4:34 PM EST
Michael Walters of Fremantle could miss some upcoming matches if he has to undergo surgery, following his injury on the left ankle. He is replaced by Colin Sylvia, who is slated to make his debut.
Fremantle's operations manager, Chris Bond, stated that Michael will be kept under observation for the next 10 days to let the swelling dissipate before taking any further actions on surgery.
"After the surgeon has reviewed and reported on those scans next week, our medical team will be best placed to make a decision on whether or not surgery is required," Bond said.
Christopher Mayne also suffered an injury in his ankle and he should pass the fitness test before appearing for the upcoming match against Essendon on Sunday. However, Dockers coach Ross Lyon mentioned the injury as "significant."
"They look like significant ankles and we're still trying to work through them ... Mayne is probably in the better shape than Walters, but we will work through that," Lyon made the statement on radio 6PR.
Meanwhile, defender Garrick Ibbotson, who also dislocated his shoulder in the same match, is likely to stage a comeback in the upcoming match, provided he doesn't require any surgery.
Michael Barlow, on the other hand, will miss another month due to knee injury, and midfield Nat Fyfe is still serving his suspension. These results to Dockers missing some of the key players in the upcoming matches.
"It changes quickly in a week, doesn't it ... You finish the Gold Coast game and we're healthy and you lose two to suspension and you lose Barlow for five weeks ... It never rains it pours ... But as a club we're about fighting and growing ... We expect to perform at a high level still," Lyon added.
Veteran defender Dutin Fletcher may also miss the upcoming match on Sunday, and Paul Chapman looks like he is also suffering from ankle injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal