Michael Walters Ruled Out for Injury
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 8, 2014 4:34 PM EST
Michael Walters of Fremantle could miss some upcoming matches if he has to undergo surgery, following his injury on the left ankle. He is replaced by Colin Sylvia, who is slated to make his debut.
Fremantle's operations manager, Chris Bond, stated that Michael will be kept under observation for the next 10 days to let the swelling dissipate before taking any further actions on surgery.
"After the surgeon has reviewed and reported on those scans next week, our medical team will be best placed to make a decision on whether or not surgery is required," Bond said.
Christopher Mayne also suffered an injury in his ankle and he should pass the fitness test before appearing for the upcoming match against Essendon on Sunday. However, Dockers coach Ross Lyon mentioned the injury as "significant."
"They look like significant ankles and we're still trying to work through them ... Mayne is probably in the better shape than Walters, but we will work through that," Lyon made the statement on radio 6PR.
Meanwhile, defender Garrick Ibbotson, who also dislocated his shoulder in the same match, is likely to stage a comeback in the upcoming match, provided he doesn't require any surgery.
Michael Barlow, on the other hand, will miss another month due to knee injury, and midfield Nat Fyfe is still serving his suspension. These results to Dockers missing some of the key players in the upcoming matches.
"It changes quickly in a week, doesn't it ... You finish the Gold Coast game and we're healthy and you lose two to suspension and you lose Barlow for five weeks ... It never rains it pours ... But as a club we're about fighting and growing ... We expect to perform at a high level still," Lyon added.
Veteran defender Dutin Fletcher may also miss the upcoming match on Sunday, and Paul Chapman looks like he is also suffering from ankle injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales