Michael Walters Ruled Out for Injury
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 8, 2014 4:34 PM EST
Michael Walters of Fremantle could miss some upcoming matches if he has to undergo surgery, following his injury on the left ankle. He is replaced by Colin Sylvia, who is slated to make his debut.
Fremantle's operations manager, Chris Bond, stated that Michael will be kept under observation for the next 10 days to let the swelling dissipate before taking any further actions on surgery.
"After the surgeon has reviewed and reported on those scans next week, our medical team will be best placed to make a decision on whether or not surgery is required," Bond said.
Christopher Mayne also suffered an injury in his ankle and he should pass the fitness test before appearing for the upcoming match against Essendon on Sunday. However, Dockers coach Ross Lyon mentioned the injury as "significant."
"They look like significant ankles and we're still trying to work through them ... Mayne is probably in the better shape than Walters, but we will work through that," Lyon made the statement on radio 6PR.
Meanwhile, defender Garrick Ibbotson, who also dislocated his shoulder in the same match, is likely to stage a comeback in the upcoming match, provided he doesn't require any surgery.
Michael Barlow, on the other hand, will miss another month due to knee injury, and midfield Nat Fyfe is still serving his suspension. These results to Dockers missing some of the key players in the upcoming matches.
"It changes quickly in a week, doesn't it ... You finish the Gold Coast game and we're healthy and you lose two to suspension and you lose Barlow for five weeks ... It never rains it pours ... But as a club we're about fighting and growing ... We expect to perform at a high level still," Lyon added.
Veteran defender Dutin Fletcher may also miss the upcoming match on Sunday, and Paul Chapman looks like he is also suffering from ankle injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown