Minecraft TU15 Update and an Interesting Simpsons Rendition on Minecraft
By Gel Galang | April 8, 2014 3:52 PM EST
As Minecraft now crosses the 12 million mark for its Xbox 360 version, it's also time to take a look at where the latest Minecraft TU15 is heading, and developer 4J Studios has updated fans on its progress via their official Twitter account.
"Title Update 15 has now been handed over to Microsoft for testing."
Of course, the PS3 version is not to be left behind, "Patch 1.05 has now been handed over to Sony for testing."
The changelog for both versions have also been revealed, and as announced, Minecraft TU15 is mostly one for bug fixes. Some of the fixes include those for chat issues, reappearing mined blocks, random fall damage, slow chunk loading speed, incorrect displays on maps, and splitscreen audio issues.
There are also fixes for the problems in spawning Chickens, Wolves, and Mushrooms, Iron Golems that don't stop attacking even when killed, animals climbing Cobblestone Walls, and the Invisibility Potion not making sheep completely invisible.
Check out the complete log of improvements and fixes here.
Minecraft on Simpsons: And the popularity ensues
You know that something has become really popular when it lands a stint on The Simpsons, which has parodied and reference a number of pop culture's finest.
So when Minecraft was the main focus of The Simpsons intro, which pretty much transformed the cast and the entire Simpsons world into blocky characters, you know it's because of the former's popularity talking.
PlayStation Lifestyle has spotted the Minecraft intro-gag, which has, by now circulated all over the net and can be watched either as part of the entire episode over at Fox's web site, or if you're fine with just the opening, you can catch it below.
The rise of Minecraft in the gaming consciousness is more than just a fad--after five years of being played, and millions of units sold on its various platforms, it still has a very huge following that looks forward to every update and addition for the game.
However, that doesn't stop Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson from expressing his surprise at how far Minecraft has come to.
"The Simpsons did a Minecraft couch gag. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I STILL feel a bit like it's just a small game I made at home. It's weird to have all these things happen. <3"
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS