Minecraft TU15 Update and an Interesting Simpsons Rendition on Minecraft
By Gel Galang | April 8, 2014 3:52 PM EST
As Minecraft now crosses the 12 million mark for its Xbox 360 version, it's also time to take a look at where the latest Minecraft TU15 is heading, and developer 4J Studios has updated fans on its progress via their official Twitter account.
"Title Update 15 has now been handed over to Microsoft for testing."
Of course, the PS3 version is not to be left behind, "Patch 1.05 has now been handed over to Sony for testing."
The changelog for both versions have also been revealed, and as announced, Minecraft TU15 is mostly one for bug fixes. Some of the fixes include those for chat issues, reappearing mined blocks, random fall damage, slow chunk loading speed, incorrect displays on maps, and splitscreen audio issues.
There are also fixes for the problems in spawning Chickens, Wolves, and Mushrooms, Iron Golems that don't stop attacking even when killed, animals climbing Cobblestone Walls, and the Invisibility Potion not making sheep completely invisible.
Check out the complete log of improvements and fixes here.
Minecraft on Simpsons: And the popularity ensues
You know that something has become really popular when it lands a stint on The Simpsons, which has parodied and reference a number of pop culture's finest.
So when Minecraft was the main focus of The Simpsons intro, which pretty much transformed the cast and the entire Simpsons world into blocky characters, you know it's because of the former's popularity talking.
PlayStation Lifestyle has spotted the Minecraft intro-gag, which has, by now circulated all over the net and can be watched either as part of the entire episode over at Fox's web site, or if you're fine with just the opening, you can catch it below.
The rise of Minecraft in the gaming consciousness is more than just a fad--after five years of being played, and millions of units sold on its various platforms, it still has a very huge following that looks forward to every update and addition for the game.
However, that doesn't stop Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson from expressing his surprise at how far Minecraft has come to.
"The Simpsons did a Minecraft couch gag. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I STILL feel a bit like it's just a small game I made at home. It's weird to have all these things happen. <3"
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop