Minecraft TU15 Update and an Interesting Simpsons Rendition on Minecraft
By Gel Galang | April 8, 2014 3:52 PM EST
As Minecraft now crosses the 12 million mark for its Xbox 360 version, it's also time to take a look at where the latest Minecraft TU15 is heading, and developer 4J Studios has updated fans on its progress via their official Twitter account.
"Title Update 15 has now been handed over to Microsoft for testing."
Of course, the PS3 version is not to be left behind, "Patch 1.05 has now been handed over to Sony for testing."
The changelog for both versions have also been revealed, and as announced, Minecraft TU15 is mostly one for bug fixes. Some of the fixes include those for chat issues, reappearing mined blocks, random fall damage, slow chunk loading speed, incorrect displays on maps, and splitscreen audio issues.
There are also fixes for the problems in spawning Chickens, Wolves, and Mushrooms, Iron Golems that don't stop attacking even when killed, animals climbing Cobblestone Walls, and the Invisibility Potion not making sheep completely invisible.
Check out the complete log of improvements and fixes here.
Minecraft on Simpsons: And the popularity ensues
You know that something has become really popular when it lands a stint on The Simpsons, which has parodied and reference a number of pop culture's finest.
So when Minecraft was the main focus of The Simpsons intro, which pretty much transformed the cast and the entire Simpsons world into blocky characters, you know it's because of the former's popularity talking.
PlayStation Lifestyle has spotted the Minecraft intro-gag, which has, by now circulated all over the net and can be watched either as part of the entire episode over at Fox's web site, or if you're fine with just the opening, you can catch it below.
The rise of Minecraft in the gaming consciousness is more than just a fad--after five years of being played, and millions of units sold on its various platforms, it still has a very huge following that looks forward to every update and addition for the game.
However, that doesn't stop Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson from expressing his surprise at how far Minecraft has come to.
"The Simpsons did a Minecraft couch gag. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I STILL feel a bit like it's just a small game I made at home. It's weird to have all these things happen. <3"
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James