Minecraft TU15 Update and an Interesting Simpsons Rendition on Minecraft
By Gel Galang | April 8, 2014 3:52 PM EST
As Minecraft now crosses the 12 million mark for its Xbox 360 version, it's also time to take a look at where the latest Minecraft TU15 is heading, and developer 4J Studios has updated fans on its progress via their official Twitter account.
"Title Update 15 has now been handed over to Microsoft for testing."
Of course, the PS3 version is not to be left behind, "Patch 1.05 has now been handed over to Sony for testing."
The changelog for both versions have also been revealed, and as announced, Minecraft TU15 is mostly one for bug fixes. Some of the fixes include those for chat issues, reappearing mined blocks, random fall damage, slow chunk loading speed, incorrect displays on maps, and splitscreen audio issues.
There are also fixes for the problems in spawning Chickens, Wolves, and Mushrooms, Iron Golems that don't stop attacking even when killed, animals climbing Cobblestone Walls, and the Invisibility Potion not making sheep completely invisible.
Check out the complete log of improvements and fixes here.
Minecraft on Simpsons: And the popularity ensues
You know that something has become really popular when it lands a stint on The Simpsons, which has parodied and reference a number of pop culture's finest.
So when Minecraft was the main focus of The Simpsons intro, which pretty much transformed the cast and the entire Simpsons world into blocky characters, you know it's because of the former's popularity talking.
PlayStation Lifestyle has spotted the Minecraft intro-gag, which has, by now circulated all over the net and can be watched either as part of the entire episode over at Fox's web site, or if you're fine with just the opening, you can catch it below.
The rise of Minecraft in the gaming consciousness is more than just a fad--after five years of being played, and millions of units sold on its various platforms, it still has a very huge following that looks forward to every update and addition for the game.
However, that doesn't stop Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson from expressing his surprise at how far Minecraft has come to.
"The Simpsons did a Minecraft couch gag. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I STILL feel a bit like it's just a small game I made at home. It's weird to have all these things happen. <3"
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal