Minecraft TU15 Update and an Interesting Simpsons Rendition on Minecraft
By Gel Galang | April 8, 2014 3:52 PM EST
As Minecraft now crosses the 12 million mark for its Xbox 360 version, it's also time to take a look at where the latest Minecraft TU15 is heading, and developer 4J Studios has updated fans on its progress via their official Twitter account.
"Title Update 15 has now been handed over to Microsoft for testing."
Of course, the PS3 version is not to be left behind, "Patch 1.05 has now been handed over to Sony for testing."
The changelog for both versions have also been revealed, and as announced, Minecraft TU15 is mostly one for bug fixes. Some of the fixes include those for chat issues, reappearing mined blocks, random fall damage, slow chunk loading speed, incorrect displays on maps, and splitscreen audio issues.
There are also fixes for the problems in spawning Chickens, Wolves, and Mushrooms, Iron Golems that don't stop attacking even when killed, animals climbing Cobblestone Walls, and the Invisibility Potion not making sheep completely invisible.
Check out the complete log of improvements and fixes here.
Minecraft on Simpsons: And the popularity ensues
You know that something has become really popular when it lands a stint on The Simpsons, which has parodied and reference a number of pop culture's finest.
So when Minecraft was the main focus of The Simpsons intro, which pretty much transformed the cast and the entire Simpsons world into blocky characters, you know it's because of the former's popularity talking.
PlayStation Lifestyle has spotted the Minecraft intro-gag, which has, by now circulated all over the net and can be watched either as part of the entire episode over at Fox's web site, or if you're fine with just the opening, you can catch it below.
The rise of Minecraft in the gaming consciousness is more than just a fad--after five years of being played, and millions of units sold on its various platforms, it still has a very huge following that looks forward to every update and addition for the game.
However, that doesn't stop Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson from expressing his surprise at how far Minecraft has come to.
"The Simpsons did a Minecraft couch gag. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I STILL feel a bit like it's just a small game I made at home. It's weird to have all these things happen. <3"
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique