Peaches Geldof Dies Aged 25: Spoke Fondly of Sons in her Last Interview
By Keerthi Mohan | April 8, 2014 3:46 PM EST
British television presenter and model Peaches Geldof was found dead at her home in Kent on Monday. The cause of the death is yet unknown, but police officials have ruled out possibilities of drug overdose and suicide.
At present, Geldof's passing away is being treated as “an unexplained and sudden death,” Kent police officials told HollywoodLife and added that they are trying to find out the circumstances surrounding her death.
She is the daughter of musician Bob Geldof and his late Paula Yates, who passed away following a drug overdose in 2000. The 25-year-old's death comes just a day after she posted online a photograph of herself as a toddler in her mother’s arms.
"Me and my mum,” she captioned the photograph.
Announcing her death, Bob released a statement to the media saying that it is hard to believe that his “wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest” was not with him today.
“Writing 'was' destroys me afresh. What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable? We loved her and will cherish her forever. How sad that sentence is.”
Geldof's husband Thomas said in a statement that he would bring up their sons -- Astala and Phaedra – with their mother in their hearts.
Just a month before her death, the model had spoken fondly about her sons in an interview with Mother & Baby magazine and added that giving birth to them has been a healing experience.
“Becoming a mother was like becoming me, finally,” Geldof said, according to HollywoodLife. “After years of struggling to know myself, feeling lost at sea, rudderless and troubled, having babies through which to correct the multiple mistakes of my own traumatic childhood was beyond healing.”
She added that she would not let her sons down, no matter what happens. “I felt finally anchored in place, with lives that literally depend on me, and I am not about to let them down, not for anyone or anything.”
Just hours before her death, she had posted a video on her Instagram account that shows her playing peek-a-boo with one of her sons while he took a bath.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown