Peaches Geldof Dies Aged 25: Spoke Fondly of Sons in her Last Interview
By Keerthi Mohan | April 8, 2014 3:46 PM EST
British television presenter and model Peaches Geldof was found dead at her home in Kent on Monday. The cause of the death is yet unknown, but police officials have ruled out possibilities of drug overdose and suicide.
At present, Geldof's passing away is being treated as “an unexplained and sudden death,” Kent police officials told HollywoodLife and added that they are trying to find out the circumstances surrounding her death.
She is the daughter of musician Bob Geldof and his late Paula Yates, who passed away following a drug overdose in 2000. The 25-year-old's death comes just a day after she posted online a photograph of herself as a toddler in her mother’s arms.
"Me and my mum,” she captioned the photograph.
Announcing her death, Bob released a statement to the media saying that it is hard to believe that his “wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest” was not with him today.
“Writing 'was' destroys me afresh. What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable? We loved her and will cherish her forever. How sad that sentence is.”
Geldof's husband Thomas said in a statement that he would bring up their sons -- Astala and Phaedra – with their mother in their hearts.
Just a month before her death, the model had spoken fondly about her sons in an interview with Mother & Baby magazine and added that giving birth to them has been a healing experience.
“Becoming a mother was like becoming me, finally,” Geldof said, according to HollywoodLife. “After years of struggling to know myself, feeling lost at sea, rudderless and troubled, having babies through which to correct the multiple mistakes of my own traumatic childhood was beyond healing.”
She added that she would not let her sons down, no matter what happens. “I felt finally anchored in place, with lives that literally depend on me, and I am not about to let them down, not for anyone or anything.”
Just hours before her death, she had posted a video on her Instagram account that shows her playing peek-a-boo with one of her sons while he took a bath.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family