Kate Middleton, Prince William Kickoff Prince George’s First Royal Tour: Duchess Experiences Wardrobe Malfunction at New Zealand Airport
By jaskiran kaur | April 8, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Kate Middleton and Prince William kicked off Prince George's first royal tour on April 7, 2014 at their first destination New Zealand. Duchess and Duke of Cambridge arrived at Wellington airport on Monday along with their 8-month-old son who is the newest member of the royal family. According to the latest update, the duchess suffered a wardrobe malfunction just when the family arrived at the airport in the windy weather.
According to Hollywood Life report, Kate Middleton was struck by strong winds as she was coming down the steps of the airplane at New Zealand airport. Duchess of Cambridge had Prince George in her arms as she made her way downward from the plane, just when strong wind blew up her dress. The incident left her showing off more than she may have wanted to. As she made her grand arrival, the windy weather left her flashing little more leg, giving a glimpse of her legs way above her thighs.
This is not the first time when Kate Middleton suffered a wardrobe malfunction on the royal tour. The Web site reports, in 2011 Kate Middleton "practically flashed her entire backside." Kate who adorned a red ensemble on the first day of her three-week royal tour looked graceful even after suffering the unfortunate wardrobe malfunction.
For her arrival, Kate Middleton adorned a red imperial outfit. She wore a Catherine Walker double breasted coat dress, the designer preferred by Princess Diana. Kate teamed it up with same color Gina Foster pillbox hat. She used a diamond, platinum and silver fern brooch from Queen's jewelry repertory. Fern is the symbol of New Zealand and the piece of jewelry was gifted to the Queen on her royal tour in 1954, according to Express UK. While keeping her makeup subtle she completed her look with black pumps.
Kate Middleton's look has been compared to that of Princess Diana in 1984 when she wore red pillbox hat with red and black coat.
Duchess was accompanied by her adorable son Prince George who wore cream cardigan and shorts along with cream shoes. Prince William wore a navy blue suit.
Owing to her fashion sense, Kate Middleton has become quite a fashion icon. Her fans and followers are eager to know more about her royal clothing that she is expected to adorn on this royal tour. According to Metro, Kate was spotted shopping at Gap and Zara. But what is said to be the best in her collection is Ralph and Russo's cocktail dress, according to Harper Bazar (as reported by Metro). For more, the duchess will be carrying some exquisite pieces of jewelry from Queen's treasure to use on this royal tour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Raids Kylie Jenner's Closet And Gets Inspiration From Her Other Sister's Outfits
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Included In Time Magazine's Most Influential Teenagers [PHOTOS]
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Hire A Tailor And Stylist For Baby North
- Kendall Jenner Not Interested In Dating: 'She isn't interested in becoming one half of a power couple'
- Cindy Crawford Reveals Secrets Behind Ageless Flawless Looks
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks