Nokia Lumia 1520: Delta Airlines Flight Attendants' Nokia Lumia 820 Handset to be Replaced with Windows Phone Phablet
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 8, 2014 3:22 PM EST
Flight attendants of Delta Airlines will be saying goodbye to their Nokia Lumia 820 smartphones and welcome the Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone phablet on their hands. The company made the announcement on Monday, April 7, about their plan of equipping over 20,000 flight attendants with the Nokia phablet this fall.
The Delta flight attendants will be using the Nokia Lumia 1520 for their in-flight sales and customer service like taking the customer's meal orders, getting the information on their flight and checking the data about the passengers such as the frequent flyer status or the special services desired.
The Windows Phone phablet will serve as their manual as well. According to the PCMag report, the airline is expecting over $1 million savings in reduced fuel and printing costs per annum as a result of offering the electronic access to the five-pound, 500-page on-board manual that the flight attendants must carry.
"Delta continues to invest in the latest tools and resources for our flight attendants to provide exceptional service to our 165 million annual customers," Joanne Smith, Delta's senior vice president of in-flight service, declared in a statement. Meanwhile, Delta's senior vice president and chief information officer Theresa Wise stated that the Nokia phablet is a "great foundation for future software applications."
Ms Wise further explained that the Finnish device will allow the Delta flight attendants to readily access the customer's preferences, their travel experiences with the airline in the past, have a worldwide connectivity to the company and allow them to offer a more tailored service that numerous customers expect.
The Engadget report claims Delta will be issuing the Nokia Lumia 1520 to the flight attendants starting October with all of them having one by the end of 2014. As for the pilots, the report further noted that they are still on track in receiving the Microsoft Surface 2 as part of the company's venture of eliminating the paper flight manuals and the process is expected to be complete by the end of 2015.
The Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone phablet boasts with the 6-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen display at 1920x1080p resolution, a quad-core 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. Other features and specs include the 20MP rear-facing camera with PureView technology, Carl Zeiss optics, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) autofocus, dual-LED flash, the 16GB or 32GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 64GB through the microSD card slot, a 3400mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery and the available device colour choices of yellow white, red and black.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 930: Free Qi Wireless Charging Dock for Windows Phone Handset? - [READ]
Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique