NBA Rumors: Paul George-Roy Hibbert 'Threesome' Incident Causing Pacers’ Implosion?
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 8, 2014 3:19 PM EST
The Indiana Pacers are currently dealing the worst stretch of the season after losing seven of their last 10 games. Basketball pundits believed fatigue could be taking its toll on the Pacers players, while others thought teams might have already found out a way to crack into their defense.
After lording on top of the Eastern Conference standings for most of the season, the Pacers have already lost the top seed to their rival Miami Heat. Paul George, who had been stellar through the first four months of the season, has been Mr. Inconsistent for the past few weeks.
But it was Hibbert who struggled tremendously so far. The two-time All-Star center is averaging 8.8 points and 3.4 rebounds in five games, and is shooting under 32 per cent from the field during that stretch.
The Pacers previously had the distinction of having the best defense in the league. However, their play on the defensive end has been shaky as of late, allowing opponents to score more than 90 points seven times of 11 games and over 100 points in three of their last four games.
However, analysts pointed out that their inability to score points efficiently has really exposed the Pacers' weakness late in the season. Over the course of their regular-season campaign, the Pacers are not known to be a good offensive team, but what the team is dealing right now is beyond worse than expected.
The Pacers ranked 25th in the league in points per game (96.7 ppg), but their 19.2 assists per game - which is ranked 28th in the league - only suggested that the team doesn't distribute the leather effectively. This specific statistical detail was magnified by Hibbert's latest comments about having selfish players on the team.
"Some selfish dudes in here," Hibbert said then, per NBA.com's David Aldridge via Bleacher Report. "Some selfish dudes. I'm tired of talking about it. We've been talking about it for a month."
Hibbert, George in Sexual Incident Rumor
The sudden implosion of the previously dominant Pacers certainly caught the attention of the entire basketball universe. While most of the analysts cited several basketball-related issues for their decline, a rumour circulating that the team's two main stars - George and Hibbert - are involved in an awkward sexual incident.
Page Q had their report on the alleged sexual incident involving the two Pacers All-Stars, though the validity of their stories are in question just like the George's catfishing scandal several weeks ago.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales