NBA Rumors: Paul George-Roy Hibbert 'Threesome' Incident Causing Pacers’ Implosion?
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 8, 2014 3:19 PM EST
The Indiana Pacers are currently dealing the worst stretch of the season after losing seven of their last 10 games. Basketball pundits believed fatigue could be taking its toll on the Pacers players, while others thought teams might have already found out a way to crack into their defense.
After lording on top of the Eastern Conference standings for most of the season, the Pacers have already lost the top seed to their rival Miami Heat. Paul George, who had been stellar through the first four months of the season, has been Mr. Inconsistent for the past few weeks.
But it was Hibbert who struggled tremendously so far. The two-time All-Star center is averaging 8.8 points and 3.4 rebounds in five games, and is shooting under 32 per cent from the field during that stretch.
The Pacers previously had the distinction of having the best defense in the league. However, their play on the defensive end has been shaky as of late, allowing opponents to score more than 90 points seven times of 11 games and over 100 points in three of their last four games.
However, analysts pointed out that their inability to score points efficiently has really exposed the Pacers' weakness late in the season. Over the course of their regular-season campaign, the Pacers are not known to be a good offensive team, but what the team is dealing right now is beyond worse than expected.
The Pacers ranked 25th in the league in points per game (96.7 ppg), but their 19.2 assists per game - which is ranked 28th in the league - only suggested that the team doesn't distribute the leather effectively. This specific statistical detail was magnified by Hibbert's latest comments about having selfish players on the team.
"Some selfish dudes in here," Hibbert said then, per NBA.com's David Aldridge via Bleacher Report. "Some selfish dudes. I'm tired of talking about it. We've been talking about it for a month."
Hibbert, George in Sexual Incident Rumor
The sudden implosion of the previously dominant Pacers certainly caught the attention of the entire basketball universe. While most of the analysts cited several basketball-related issues for their decline, a rumour circulating that the team's two main stars - George and Hibbert - are involved in an awkward sexual incident.
Page Q had their report on the alleged sexual incident involving the two Pacers All-Stars, though the validity of their stories are in question just like the George's catfishing scandal several weeks ago.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points