Indian Markets Closed on Tuesday for Public Holiday
April 8, 2014 2:16 PM EST
Indian markets are closed on Tuesday for a public holiday. Trading will resume on Wednesday.
The partially convertible rupee closed at 60.11/12 per dollar on Monday compared with its close of 60.08/60.09 on Friday.
BSE (Photo: WikimediaCommons/ElroySerrao)
The benchmark Sensex fell 0.07 percent, or 16.05 points, to end at 22,343.45, its lowest close since March 28. The broader Nifty rose 0.01 percent, or 0.70 points, to end at 6,695.05.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield ended up 3 basis points at 9.10 percent.
The benchmark five-year swap rate closed down 1 bp at 8.60 percent, while the one-year rate ended unchanged at 8.65 percent.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border