Indian Markets Closed on Tuesday for Public Holiday
April 8, 2014 2:16 PM EST
Indian markets are closed on Tuesday for a public holiday. Trading will resume on Wednesday.
The partially convertible rupee closed at 60.11/12 per dollar on Monday compared with its close of 60.08/60.09 on Friday.
BSE (Photo: WikimediaCommons/ElroySerrao)
The benchmark Sensex fell 0.07 percent, or 16.05 points, to end at 22,343.45, its lowest close since March 28. The broader Nifty rose 0.01 percent, or 0.70 points, to end at 6,695.05.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield ended up 3 basis points at 9.10 percent.
The benchmark five-year swap rate closed down 1 bp at 8.60 percent, while the one-year rate ended unchanged at 8.65 percent.
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build