Indian Markets Closed on Tuesday for Public Holiday
April 8, 2014 2:16 PM EST
Indian markets are closed on Tuesday for a public holiday. Trading will resume on Wednesday.
The partially convertible rupee closed at 60.11/12 per dollar on Monday compared with its close of 60.08/60.09 on Friday.
BSE (Photo: WikimediaCommons/ElroySerrao)
The benchmark Sensex fell 0.07 percent, or 16.05 points, to end at 22,343.45, its lowest close since March 28. The broader Nifty rose 0.01 percent, or 0.70 points, to end at 6,695.05.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield ended up 3 basis points at 9.10 percent.
The benchmark five-year swap rate closed down 1 bp at 8.60 percent, while the one-year rate ended unchanged at 8.65 percent.
Join the Conversation
- If ‘Selfie’ Was The Word Of The Year In 2013, Selfie Stick Is Top Christmas Gift In 2014
- Australian Economy ‘Out Of Luck’ And 40 Percent Chance Of Recession Says Gerard Minack--Report
- Putin Blames Russian Central Bank For Rouble Decline, Admits Lack Of Plan To Fix Economy
- Cure Against Ebola May Already Be Found In 53 Existing Drugs – Researchers
- Russian Prime Minister Meets Exporting Companies To Find Solutions To Falling Ruble