Jennifer Lawrence Nearly Died From Choking; Saved by ‘Mockingjay’ Co-star
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 8, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence nearly died from choking while taking her vitamins during the set of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2." Thankfully, the actress was saved by co-star Woody Harrelson.
Woody Harrelson who plays the role of Haymitch Abernathy in "The Hunger Games" series, was reported to perform the emergency technique Heimlich manoeuvre to take out the vitamin that got stuck in Lawrence's throat causing her choking.
Jennifer Lawrence, best supporting actress nominee for her role in the film "American Hustle", peeks around an Oscar statue on the red carpet as actor Brad Pitt (L) looks on at the 86th Academy Awards
According to an unnamed source, Lawrence took a handful of her vitamins taking them with water. However, one stuck in her throat and to the crews' surprise, the actress started gasping and gagging while pointing on her throat.
The crew was stunned seeing Lawrence' face turning bright red. Fortunately, one was able to recover from fear and surprise, screaming for help.
Harrelson reportedly ran to Lawrence's rescue, giving her a calculated slap on the back so that she could spit the vitamin causing her choking. When the technique did not work, Harrelson took his arms under the actress' chest, gave her a two quick squeeze, and the vitamin successfully popped out from her mouth.
Saved from possible death, she thanked Harrelson for rescuing her. "You literally just saved my life. I really couldn't breathe... I really thought I was gonna die right there," a crew told The National Enquirer as the actress was overheard saying her gratitude to the co-star.
It seems that Jennifer Lawrence is a subject of consistent disasters. Following her two-time slip in the Oscars, the "American Hustle" star has also been involved into a horrifying accident on the set of the "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1."
The previous accident was rather more terrifying than the "choking" incident that happened just recently. In a shoot in Atlanta, the actress was reportedly nearly chocked to death due to a broken fog machine that emitted dense smoke while Lawrence is filming a tunnel sequence. When the actress was rescued, she was hacking and gagging trying to catch her breath. The incident caused panic on the set.
Jennifer Lawrence is known for her tough personality, but these misfortunes seem to follow her, making fans and her co-workers extremely worried. It is a good thing that people whom she works behind the scenes care for her deeply, just as Woody Harrelson's presence of mind (and knowledge of choking's first aid) literally saved her life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic's Beckett To See Nathan Fillion's Rick 'On A Sugar Rush' Again [REVIEW]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery