Jennifer Lawrence Nearly Died From Choking; Saved by ‘Mockingjay’ Co-star
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 8, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence nearly died from choking while taking her vitamins during the set of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2." Thankfully, the actress was saved by co-star Woody Harrelson.
Woody Harrelson who plays the role of Haymitch Abernathy in "The Hunger Games" series, was reported to perform the emergency technique Heimlich manoeuvre to take out the vitamin that got stuck in Lawrence's throat causing her choking.
Jennifer Lawrence, best supporting actress nominee for her role in the film "American Hustle", peeks around an Oscar statue on the red carpet as actor Brad Pitt (L) looks on at the 86th Academy Awards
According to an unnamed source, Lawrence took a handful of her vitamins taking them with water. However, one stuck in her throat and to the crews' surprise, the actress started gasping and gagging while pointing on her throat.
The crew was stunned seeing Lawrence' face turning bright red. Fortunately, one was able to recover from fear and surprise, screaming for help.
Harrelson reportedly ran to Lawrence's rescue, giving her a calculated slap on the back so that she could spit the vitamin causing her choking. When the technique did not work, Harrelson took his arms under the actress' chest, gave her a two quick squeeze, and the vitamin successfully popped out from her mouth.
Saved from possible death, she thanked Harrelson for rescuing her. "You literally just saved my life. I really couldn't breathe... I really thought I was gonna die right there," a crew told The National Enquirer as the actress was overheard saying her gratitude to the co-star.
It seems that Jennifer Lawrence is a subject of consistent disasters. Following her two-time slip in the Oscars, the "American Hustle" star has also been involved into a horrifying accident on the set of the "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1."
The previous accident was rather more terrifying than the "choking" incident that happened just recently. In a shoot in Atlanta, the actress was reportedly nearly chocked to death due to a broken fog machine that emitted dense smoke while Lawrence is filming a tunnel sequence. When the actress was rescued, she was hacking and gagging trying to catch her breath. The incident caused panic on the set.
Jennifer Lawrence is known for her tough personality, but these misfortunes seem to follow her, making fans and her co-workers extremely worried. It is a good thing that people whom she works behind the scenes care for her deeply, just as Woody Harrelson's presence of mind (and knowledge of choking's first aid) literally saved her life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices