Gaming News: Borderlands Pre-Sequel and Assassin’s Creed: Unity Get Teasers; Bruce Lee Debuts in EA Sports UFC
By Gel Galang | April 8, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Borderlands fans may have been disappointed when Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford announced that a Borderlands 3 may still be a long-time in coming. But it may actually be a clever play on words when he had said that a follow-up to the current Borderlands 2 isn't yet in the cards--at least if a new rumour is to be believed.
Now, talk is all about Borderlands: The Pre-sequel, and there are already some crazy-cool ideas milling about on what the game will bring, starting with the fact that the setting will be on the moon.
Game Points Now reports that this Borderlands game will take place between the Borderlands 1 and 2 games, and will be heading, still, to the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms. It seems that the game is currently in progress over at 2K Australia.
The source has landed some pretty cool exclusive information on the game. IT starts with Handsome Jack, now still called John, who's hunting for an alien artifact on the moon of Elpis and Hyperion.
There are four playable characters, Athena the Gladiator, Fragtrap, Nisha the Lawbringer and Wilhem the Enforcer. Weapons will also be raining this time around, with an interesting addition of cryo guns, perhaps perfect for some moon adventures. As always, this is still very much a rumour, at least until 2K or Gearbox give their comments.
Assassin's Creed: Unity get teased with parkour moves
If the recent tease on the new Assassin's Creed: Unity lead character isn't enough, here are more teasers for the game, this time focused on the moves that you can make as the lead playable character.
DualShockers reports that Ubisoft's latest upcoming game may be adding more parkour moves to Assassin's Creed: Unity, strengthened by the fact that parkour athlete Jesse La Flair's very telling tease on Reddit.
"What if I told you I may or may not have worked on the NEXT AC and they may or may not have added the ability to Horizontal Wall Run in the game..."
This is some interesting addition to the new AC installment. Add it to what is already known about the setting, and you can picture the lead character doing some intense moves on French revolution-era infrastructure. What do you think?
Guess who's dropping by EA Sports UFC
If the yellow shorts, that familiar scowl and the familiar pose weren't enough hints, yes, the new character joining the UFC lineup of MMA fighters is, in fact, Bruce Lee.
Kotaku reports that there is a product partnership between EA Sports and Bruce Lee Enterprises, which has allowed the company to create the digital version of Bruce Lee.
"This does not just look like Bruce Lee. It is Bruce Lee," said Ian Lloyd, art director, to Kotaku. "The way he carries himself, his fighting stance, his rippling physique, devastating speed, signature strikes and accompanying yells, whoops and shrieks."
For those who are interested to play as Bruce Lee in the game, you can either unlock the martial arts legend once you're done the campaign mode on at least the Pro difficulty or preorder the game-though the former option would no doubt be more badass.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble