Gaming News: Borderlands Pre-Sequel and Assassin’s Creed: Unity Get Teasers; Bruce Lee Debuts in EA Sports UFC
By Gel Galang | April 8, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Borderlands fans may have been disappointed when Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford announced that a Borderlands 3 may still be a long-time in coming. But it may actually be a clever play on words when he had said that a follow-up to the current Borderlands 2 isn't yet in the cards--at least if a new rumour is to be believed.
Now, talk is all about Borderlands: The Pre-sequel, and there are already some crazy-cool ideas milling about on what the game will bring, starting with the fact that the setting will be on the moon.
Game Points Now reports that this Borderlands game will take place between the Borderlands 1 and 2 games, and will be heading, still, to the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms. It seems that the game is currently in progress over at 2K Australia.
The source has landed some pretty cool exclusive information on the game. IT starts with Handsome Jack, now still called John, who's hunting for an alien artifact on the moon of Elpis and Hyperion.
There are four playable characters, Athena the Gladiator, Fragtrap, Nisha the Lawbringer and Wilhem the Enforcer. Weapons will also be raining this time around, with an interesting addition of cryo guns, perhaps perfect for some moon adventures. As always, this is still very much a rumour, at least until 2K or Gearbox give their comments.
Assassin's Creed: Unity get teased with parkour moves
If the recent tease on the new Assassin's Creed: Unity lead character isn't enough, here are more teasers for the game, this time focused on the moves that you can make as the lead playable character.
DualShockers reports that Ubisoft's latest upcoming game may be adding more parkour moves to Assassin's Creed: Unity, strengthened by the fact that parkour athlete Jesse La Flair's very telling tease on Reddit.
"What if I told you I may or may not have worked on the NEXT AC and they may or may not have added the ability to Horizontal Wall Run in the game..."
This is some interesting addition to the new AC installment. Add it to what is already known about the setting, and you can picture the lead character doing some intense moves on French revolution-era infrastructure. What do you think?
Guess who's dropping by EA Sports UFC
If the yellow shorts, that familiar scowl and the familiar pose weren't enough hints, yes, the new character joining the UFC lineup of MMA fighters is, in fact, Bruce Lee.
Kotaku reports that there is a product partnership between EA Sports and Bruce Lee Enterprises, which has allowed the company to create the digital version of Bruce Lee.
"This does not just look like Bruce Lee. It is Bruce Lee," said Ian Lloyd, art director, to Kotaku. "The way he carries himself, his fighting stance, his rippling physique, devastating speed, signature strikes and accompanying yells, whoops and shrieks."
For those who are interested to play as Bruce Lee in the game, you can either unlock the martial arts legend once you're done the campaign mode on at least the Pro difficulty or preorder the game-though the former option would no doubt be more badass.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia