Gaming News: Borderlands Pre-Sequel and Assassin’s Creed: Unity Get Teasers; Bruce Lee Debuts in EA Sports UFC
By Gel Galang | April 8, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Borderlands fans may have been disappointed when Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford announced that a Borderlands 3 may still be a long-time in coming. But it may actually be a clever play on words when he had said that a follow-up to the current Borderlands 2 isn't yet in the cards--at least if a new rumour is to be believed.
Now, talk is all about Borderlands: The Pre-sequel, and there are already some crazy-cool ideas milling about on what the game will bring, starting with the fact that the setting will be on the moon.
Game Points Now reports that this Borderlands game will take place between the Borderlands 1 and 2 games, and will be heading, still, to the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms. It seems that the game is currently in progress over at 2K Australia.
The source has landed some pretty cool exclusive information on the game. IT starts with Handsome Jack, now still called John, who's hunting for an alien artifact on the moon of Elpis and Hyperion.
There are four playable characters, Athena the Gladiator, Fragtrap, Nisha the Lawbringer and Wilhem the Enforcer. Weapons will also be raining this time around, with an interesting addition of cryo guns, perhaps perfect for some moon adventures. As always, this is still very much a rumour, at least until 2K or Gearbox give their comments.
Assassin's Creed: Unity get teased with parkour moves
If the recent tease on the new Assassin's Creed: Unity lead character isn't enough, here are more teasers for the game, this time focused on the moves that you can make as the lead playable character.
DualShockers reports that Ubisoft's latest upcoming game may be adding more parkour moves to Assassin's Creed: Unity, strengthened by the fact that parkour athlete Jesse La Flair's very telling tease on Reddit.
"What if I told you I may or may not have worked on the NEXT AC and they may or may not have added the ability to Horizontal Wall Run in the game..."
This is some interesting addition to the new AC installment. Add it to what is already known about the setting, and you can picture the lead character doing some intense moves on French revolution-era infrastructure. What do you think?
Guess who's dropping by EA Sports UFC
If the yellow shorts, that familiar scowl and the familiar pose weren't enough hints, yes, the new character joining the UFC lineup of MMA fighters is, in fact, Bruce Lee.
Kotaku reports that there is a product partnership between EA Sports and Bruce Lee Enterprises, which has allowed the company to create the digital version of Bruce Lee.
"This does not just look like Bruce Lee. It is Bruce Lee," said Ian Lloyd, art director, to Kotaku. "The way he carries himself, his fighting stance, his rippling physique, devastating speed, signature strikes and accompanying yells, whoops and shrieks."
For those who are interested to play as Bruce Lee in the game, you can either unlock the martial arts legend once you're done the campaign mode on at least the Pro difficulty or preorder the game-though the former option would no doubt be more badass.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase