Gaming News: Borderlands Pre-Sequel and Assassin’s Creed: Unity Get Teasers; Bruce Lee Debuts in EA Sports UFC
By Gel Galang | April 8, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Borderlands fans may have been disappointed when Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford announced that a Borderlands 3 may still be a long-time in coming. But it may actually be a clever play on words when he had said that a follow-up to the current Borderlands 2 isn't yet in the cards--at least if a new rumour is to be believed.
Now, talk is all about Borderlands: The Pre-sequel, and there are already some crazy-cool ideas milling about on what the game will bring, starting with the fact that the setting will be on the moon.
Game Points Now reports that this Borderlands game will take place between the Borderlands 1 and 2 games, and will be heading, still, to the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms. It seems that the game is currently in progress over at 2K Australia.
The source has landed some pretty cool exclusive information on the game. IT starts with Handsome Jack, now still called John, who's hunting for an alien artifact on the moon of Elpis and Hyperion.
There are four playable characters, Athena the Gladiator, Fragtrap, Nisha the Lawbringer and Wilhem the Enforcer. Weapons will also be raining this time around, with an interesting addition of cryo guns, perhaps perfect for some moon adventures. As always, this is still very much a rumour, at least until 2K or Gearbox give their comments.
Assassin's Creed: Unity get teased with parkour moves
If the recent tease on the new Assassin's Creed: Unity lead character isn't enough, here are more teasers for the game, this time focused on the moves that you can make as the lead playable character.
DualShockers reports that Ubisoft's latest upcoming game may be adding more parkour moves to Assassin's Creed: Unity, strengthened by the fact that parkour athlete Jesse La Flair's very telling tease on Reddit.
"What if I told you I may or may not have worked on the NEXT AC and they may or may not have added the ability to Horizontal Wall Run in the game..."
This is some interesting addition to the new AC installment. Add it to what is already known about the setting, and you can picture the lead character doing some intense moves on French revolution-era infrastructure. What do you think?
Guess who's dropping by EA Sports UFC
If the yellow shorts, that familiar scowl and the familiar pose weren't enough hints, yes, the new character joining the UFC lineup of MMA fighters is, in fact, Bruce Lee.
Kotaku reports that there is a product partnership between EA Sports and Bruce Lee Enterprises, which has allowed the company to create the digital version of Bruce Lee.
"This does not just look like Bruce Lee. It is Bruce Lee," said Ian Lloyd, art director, to Kotaku. "The way he carries himself, his fighting stance, his rippling physique, devastating speed, signature strikes and accompanying yells, whoops and shrieks."
For those who are interested to play as Bruce Lee in the game, you can either unlock the martial arts legend once you're done the campaign mode on at least the Pro difficulty or preorder the game-though the former option would no doubt be more badass.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Windows 9 Release: Reasons of Free Download for Windows 8 and Windows 7 Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales