Mick Malthouse Gains Favor to Restructure Carlton
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 8, 2014 1:00 PM EST
Carlton President Stephen Kernahan opined that Mick Malthouse would be the fittest person to take lead of the team and help to revive the team from rubble.
Kernahan made this statement after Carlton was thoroughly defeated by Essendon.
"Mick Malthouse is going to build a side at this football club. There'll be another draft at the end of this year, it'll be uncompromised which helps a lot more ... We'll have another draft the year after, so I fully expect Mick to shape the side and I fully expect us to be better than what we were last night and for the next 19 weeks," Kernahan made this statement recently on Channel Nine's Footy Classified.
Kernahan further clarified, after the sordid loss in 2014, that Malthouse will be the only future coach. He also showed his disgust after three straight losses of Carlton and expects the team to show some valor in the upcoming match against Melbourne on Saturday.
"I've got nothing else to say, other than about us trying to wipe out what happened on Sunday night, this Saturday ... I expect our blokes to come out with something fierce this weekend," Kernahan said.
The statement made by the president was also backed by the skipper, Marc Murphy.
"He's so positive and he makes things very simple for the side ... I'm just hoping that last night is one of those things, (where) nothing went right for us ... When the chips are down, that's when you find out about characters around footy clubs ... So we'll find out about certain blokes in our side over the next month and obviously the rest of the season ... I'm sure you'll see a very good response this Saturday," Murphy said to SEN radio station on Monday.
On other news, Matthew Kreuzer, after having surgery twice for his foot injury, is expected to miss matches between 12 and 14 weeks.
"Hopefully it's all fixed now. I had the operation on Friday, so I had a bit of a bone graft and a plate put in ... So hopefully that does the trick now," Kruezer made this statement on Fox Footy's On The Couch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Badly Wants Mayweather vs. Pacquiao At Cowboys Stadium
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]