Mick Malthouse Gains Favor to Restructure Carlton
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 8, 2014 1:00 PM EST
Carlton President Stephen Kernahan opined that Mick Malthouse would be the fittest person to take lead of the team and help to revive the team from rubble.
Kernahan made this statement after Carlton was thoroughly defeated by Essendon.
"Mick Malthouse is going to build a side at this football club. There'll be another draft at the end of this year, it'll be uncompromised which helps a lot more ... We'll have another draft the year after, so I fully expect Mick to shape the side and I fully expect us to be better than what we were last night and for the next 19 weeks," Kernahan made this statement recently on Channel Nine's Footy Classified.
Kernahan further clarified, after the sordid loss in 2014, that Malthouse will be the only future coach. He also showed his disgust after three straight losses of Carlton and expects the team to show some valor in the upcoming match against Melbourne on Saturday.
"I've got nothing else to say, other than about us trying to wipe out what happened on Sunday night, this Saturday ... I expect our blokes to come out with something fierce this weekend," Kernahan said.
The statement made by the president was also backed by the skipper, Marc Murphy.
"He's so positive and he makes things very simple for the side ... I'm just hoping that last night is one of those things, (where) nothing went right for us ... When the chips are down, that's when you find out about characters around footy clubs ... So we'll find out about certain blokes in our side over the next month and obviously the rest of the season ... I'm sure you'll see a very good response this Saturday," Murphy said to SEN radio station on Monday.
On other news, Matthew Kreuzer, after having surgery twice for his foot injury, is expected to miss matches between 12 and 14 weeks.
"Hopefully it's all fixed now. I had the operation on Friday, so I had a bit of a bone graft and a plate put in ... So hopefully that does the trick now," Kruezer made this statement on Fox Footy's On The Couch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date