Mick Malthouse Gains Favor to Restructure Carlton
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 8, 2014 1:00 PM EST
Carlton President Stephen Kernahan opined that Mick Malthouse would be the fittest person to take lead of the team and help to revive the team from rubble.
Kernahan made this statement after Carlton was thoroughly defeated by Essendon.
"Mick Malthouse is going to build a side at this football club. There'll be another draft at the end of this year, it'll be uncompromised which helps a lot more ... We'll have another draft the year after, so I fully expect Mick to shape the side and I fully expect us to be better than what we were last night and for the next 19 weeks," Kernahan made this statement recently on Channel Nine's Footy Classified.
Kernahan further clarified, after the sordid loss in 2014, that Malthouse will be the only future coach. He also showed his disgust after three straight losses of Carlton and expects the team to show some valor in the upcoming match against Melbourne on Saturday.
"I've got nothing else to say, other than about us trying to wipe out what happened on Sunday night, this Saturday ... I expect our blokes to come out with something fierce this weekend," Kernahan said.
The statement made by the president was also backed by the skipper, Marc Murphy.
"He's so positive and he makes things very simple for the side ... I'm just hoping that last night is one of those things, (where) nothing went right for us ... When the chips are down, that's when you find out about characters around footy clubs ... So we'll find out about certain blokes in our side over the next month and obviously the rest of the season ... I'm sure you'll see a very good response this Saturday," Murphy said to SEN radio station on Monday.
On other news, Matthew Kreuzer, after having surgery twice for his foot injury, is expected to miss matches between 12 and 14 weeks.
"Hopefully it's all fixed now. I had the operation on Friday, so I had a bit of a bone graft and a plate put in ... So hopefully that does the trick now," Kruezer made this statement on Fox Footy's On The Couch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS