Mick Malthouse Gains Favor to Restructure Carlton
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 8, 2014 1:00 PM EST
Carlton President Stephen Kernahan opined that Mick Malthouse would be the fittest person to take lead of the team and help to revive the team from rubble.
Kernahan made this statement after Carlton was thoroughly defeated by Essendon.
"Mick Malthouse is going to build a side at this football club. There'll be another draft at the end of this year, it'll be uncompromised which helps a lot more ... We'll have another draft the year after, so I fully expect Mick to shape the side and I fully expect us to be better than what we were last night and for the next 19 weeks," Kernahan made this statement recently on Channel Nine's Footy Classified.
Kernahan further clarified, after the sordid loss in 2014, that Malthouse will be the only future coach. He also showed his disgust after three straight losses of Carlton and expects the team to show some valor in the upcoming match against Melbourne on Saturday.
"I've got nothing else to say, other than about us trying to wipe out what happened on Sunday night, this Saturday ... I expect our blokes to come out with something fierce this weekend," Kernahan said.
The statement made by the president was also backed by the skipper, Marc Murphy.
"He's so positive and he makes things very simple for the side ... I'm just hoping that last night is one of those things, (where) nothing went right for us ... When the chips are down, that's when you find out about characters around footy clubs ... So we'll find out about certain blokes in our side over the next month and obviously the rest of the season ... I'm sure you'll see a very good response this Saturday," Murphy said to SEN radio station on Monday.
On other news, Matthew Kreuzer, after having surgery twice for his foot injury, is expected to miss matches between 12 and 14 weeks.
"Hopefully it's all fixed now. I had the operation on Friday, so I had a bit of a bone graft and a plate put in ... So hopefully that does the trick now," Kruezer made this statement on Fox Footy's On The Couch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]