Mick Malthouse Gains Favor to Restructure Carlton
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 8, 2014 1:00 PM EST
Carlton President Stephen Kernahan opined that Mick Malthouse would be the fittest person to take lead of the team and help to revive the team from rubble.
Kernahan made this statement after Carlton was thoroughly defeated by Essendon.
"Mick Malthouse is going to build a side at this football club. There'll be another draft at the end of this year, it'll be uncompromised which helps a lot more ... We'll have another draft the year after, so I fully expect Mick to shape the side and I fully expect us to be better than what we were last night and for the next 19 weeks," Kernahan made this statement recently on Channel Nine's Footy Classified.
Kernahan further clarified, after the sordid loss in 2014, that Malthouse will be the only future coach. He also showed his disgust after three straight losses of Carlton and expects the team to show some valor in the upcoming match against Melbourne on Saturday.
"I've got nothing else to say, other than about us trying to wipe out what happened on Sunday night, this Saturday ... I expect our blokes to come out with something fierce this weekend," Kernahan said.
The statement made by the president was also backed by the skipper, Marc Murphy.
"He's so positive and he makes things very simple for the side ... I'm just hoping that last night is one of those things, (where) nothing went right for us ... When the chips are down, that's when you find out about characters around footy clubs ... So we'll find out about certain blokes in our side over the next month and obviously the rest of the season ... I'm sure you'll see a very good response this Saturday," Murphy said to SEN radio station on Monday.
On other news, Matthew Kreuzer, after having surgery twice for his foot injury, is expected to miss matches between 12 and 14 weeks.
"Hopefully it's all fixed now. I had the operation on Friday, so I had a bit of a bone graft and a plate put in ... So hopefully that does the trick now," Kruezer made this statement on Fox Footy's On The Couch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia