Anna Kendrick Wows at ‘Saturday Night Live’ as She Pulls Off ‘Little Mermaid’s’ Ariel and Monologue to Tune of ‘Belle’
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 8, 2014 12:22 PM EST
Anna Kendrick dropped by "Saturday Night Live" for her first gig as host and she stunned the audience with her performance. Hosting "SNL" for the first time, Anna Kendrick made sure her performance was flawless and pitch perfect. Anna's episode turned out to be full of energy because of her sheer talent. "Cups" singer started off the show with a monologue to the tune of "Belle" from "Beauty and the Beast."
The coolest part of this "Saturday Night Live" episode featuring Anna Kendrick was that every sketch ended up breaking into a song.
Anna in her monologue gave "Belle" a Broadway twist with the cast, backup dancers and Lorne Michaels coming together to welcome her. The opening monologue was a clear sign that the following night was going to be one grand musical episode.
Anna Kendrick also played the modern-day Ariel from "Little Mermaid" in one of the sketches. This modern Ariel loves new pop songs and belts out some cool hits. The sketch starts off with Aidy Bryant's Ursula wanting to take away Ariel's voice. However, she was left utterly disappointed after hearing Ariel's version of "We R Who We R" by Kesha.
During the "Saturday Night Live" episode, Anna also teamed up with "Get Lucky" singer Pharrell Williams. Vanessa Bayer and Anna Kendrick are twins who audition to become Pharrell's backup singers. They sing one of the songs from the "Rent."
Apart from Anna's knockout song-and-dance performances, her killer sleeveless dress also made an impact. According to Us Weekly, in the opening monologue, Anna sported a sleeveless navy dress with fitted waist, circle skirt with front zipper.
28-year-old Anna Kendrick is renowned for her role as Natalie Keener in George Clooney's "Up in the Air" for which she bagged Academy Award, Golden Globe and BAFTA nominations. According to Slate, Anna is recruited as Cinderella in the upcoming adaptation of "Into the Woods."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales