Madonna’s $2500 Bra Stolen from Photoshoot; Poses for #ArtforFreedom Project
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 8, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Following Madonna's successful photoshoot for the magazine L'uomo Vogue in New York, pieces of lingerie amounting more than $2,500 was reportedly stolen early morning in March 21, 2014.
Musician Taylor Swift accepts the artist of the year award at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
Madonna reportedly posed for the men's version of the Vogue magazine and sported pieces of the collection. Hours after the shoot, a staff noticed that a bag containing the signature lingerie was missing according to a DailyMail UK report.
Designer Deborah Marquit gives a benefit of the doubt regarding the issue that the lingerie was stolen. Ms Marquit believes that the missing lingerie has nothing to do with theft, rather it was simply a misunderstanding and hopes that the items will be returned.
Staffers of Deborah Marquit did not let the case pass without making an effort to find the lost lingerie items. The search escalated to the New York Police Department and the staff specifically reported what the items are. The expensive pieces are comprised of $345 thong, a $515 brief, and a $2,545 lace bra. According to the employees, the designer loaned L'uomo Vogue with 34 pieces of branded lingerie for the shoot.
New York based Deborah Marquit's creations are very popular to celebrities. Known for top quality lace undergarments, her items has been worn by Hollywood A-listers like Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, and Britney Spears. Also, various magazine featured the brand in their covers including Vogue, GQ, Elle, Esquire, New York Times, W Magazine, and a lot more.
Lingerie stealing in a shoot is something that has never happened before according to the designer. Marquit could only wish that the items will be returned to her. Meanwhile, there were no comments yet from Madonna's camp.
Fashionably beautiful at 55
Madonna, 55, proved that age does not matter to be fashion icon. She rocked an androgynous look on the shoot and wore an embroidered satin bra completely revealing an unshaved underarm. But the singer is far from being embarrassed, her Instagram photo captions suggest the shoot highlights self-expression, a support for the "Art For Freedom" project spearheaded by Madonna herself.
"Art For Freedom" trending in social networking sites as #ArtforFreedom is a worldwide cause encouraging creative expression among individuals who support the awareness of human rights violations. Every month, #ArtforFreedom features a celebrity curator to select daily submissions of art projects. Miley Cyrus is April 2014's guest curator to help Madonna spot the winning piece for a prize of $10,000 in donation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown