Madonna’s $2500 Bra Stolen from Photoshoot; Poses for #ArtforFreedom Project
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 8, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Following Madonna's successful photoshoot for the magazine L'uomo Vogue in New York, pieces of lingerie amounting more than $2,500 was reportedly stolen early morning in March 21, 2014.
Musician Taylor Swift accepts the artist of the year award at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
Madonna reportedly posed for the men's version of the Vogue magazine and sported pieces of the collection. Hours after the shoot, a staff noticed that a bag containing the signature lingerie was missing according to a DailyMail UK report.
Designer Deborah Marquit gives a benefit of the doubt regarding the issue that the lingerie was stolen. Ms Marquit believes that the missing lingerie has nothing to do with theft, rather it was simply a misunderstanding and hopes that the items will be returned.
Staffers of Deborah Marquit did not let the case pass without making an effort to find the lost lingerie items. The search escalated to the New York Police Department and the staff specifically reported what the items are. The expensive pieces are comprised of $345 thong, a $515 brief, and a $2,545 lace bra. According to the employees, the designer loaned L'uomo Vogue with 34 pieces of branded lingerie for the shoot.
New York based Deborah Marquit's creations are very popular to celebrities. Known for top quality lace undergarments, her items has been worn by Hollywood A-listers like Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, and Britney Spears. Also, various magazine featured the brand in their covers including Vogue, GQ, Elle, Esquire, New York Times, W Magazine, and a lot more.
Lingerie stealing in a shoot is something that has never happened before according to the designer. Marquit could only wish that the items will be returned to her. Meanwhile, there were no comments yet from Madonna's camp.
Fashionably beautiful at 55
Madonna, 55, proved that age does not matter to be fashion icon. She rocked an androgynous look on the shoot and wore an embroidered satin bra completely revealing an unshaved underarm. But the singer is far from being embarrassed, her Instagram photo captions suggest the shoot highlights self-expression, a support for the "Art For Freedom" project spearheaded by Madonna herself.
"Art For Freedom" trending in social networking sites as #ArtforFreedom is a worldwide cause encouraging creative expression among individuals who support the awareness of human rights violations. Every month, #ArtforFreedom features a celebrity curator to select daily submissions of art projects. Miley Cyrus is April 2014's guest curator to help Madonna spot the winning piece for a prize of $10,000 in donation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar