Madonna’s $2500 Bra Stolen from Photoshoot; Poses for #ArtforFreedom Project
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 8, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Following Madonna's successful photoshoot for the magazine L'uomo Vogue in New York, pieces of lingerie amounting more than $2,500 was reportedly stolen early morning in March 21, 2014.
Musician Taylor Swift accepts the artist of the year award at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
Madonna reportedly posed for the men's version of the Vogue magazine and sported pieces of the collection. Hours after the shoot, a staff noticed that a bag containing the signature lingerie was missing according to a DailyMail UK report.
Designer Deborah Marquit gives a benefit of the doubt regarding the issue that the lingerie was stolen. Ms Marquit believes that the missing lingerie has nothing to do with theft, rather it was simply a misunderstanding and hopes that the items will be returned.
Staffers of Deborah Marquit did not let the case pass without making an effort to find the lost lingerie items. The search escalated to the New York Police Department and the staff specifically reported what the items are. The expensive pieces are comprised of $345 thong, a $515 brief, and a $2,545 lace bra. According to the employees, the designer loaned L'uomo Vogue with 34 pieces of branded lingerie for the shoot.
New York based Deborah Marquit's creations are very popular to celebrities. Known for top quality lace undergarments, her items has been worn by Hollywood A-listers like Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, and Britney Spears. Also, various magazine featured the brand in their covers including Vogue, GQ, Elle, Esquire, New York Times, W Magazine, and a lot more.
Lingerie stealing in a shoot is something that has never happened before according to the designer. Marquit could only wish that the items will be returned to her. Meanwhile, there were no comments yet from Madonna's camp.
Fashionably beautiful at 55
Madonna, 55, proved that age does not matter to be fashion icon. She rocked an androgynous look on the shoot and wore an embroidered satin bra completely revealing an unshaved underarm. But the singer is far from being embarrassed, her Instagram photo captions suggest the shoot highlights self-expression, a support for the "Art For Freedom" project spearheaded by Madonna herself.
"Art For Freedom" trending in social networking sites as #ArtforFreedom is a worldwide cause encouraging creative expression among individuals who support the awareness of human rights violations. Every month, #ArtforFreedom features a celebrity curator to select daily submissions of art projects. Miley Cyrus is April 2014's guest curator to help Madonna spot the winning piece for a prize of $10,000 in donation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan