Alex Perry Explains Why He Didn’t Want Lara Bingle On His Fashion Show, Turns To Alessandra Ambrosio Instead
By Anne Lu | April 8, 2014 12:06 PM EST
Alex Perry has had a successful show at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia on Monday with supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio as his opener. But where’s Lara Bingle? The Australian fashion designer said he didn’t want anyone who isn’t relevant to his business.
As one of the country’s top models, 26-year-old Bingle was expected to head Perry’s show. However, instead of the socialite, who is best known for leading the 2006 Tourism Australia campaign, Perry turned to the Brazilian supermodel.
— ALEX PERRY (@AlexPerry007) April 6, 2014
Speaking with Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O on their KIIS FM radio show, the “Australia’s Next Top Model” judge explained why he chose Ambrosio over Bingle, saying that Bingle doesn’t support his brand, and therefore, he didn’t want her taking the front row of his show.
“I just don’t want anybody there who isn’t relevant to my fashion business,” he said prior to his showcasing his Autumn/Winter collection on Monday.
“You don’t invite people who don’t support your brand.” Perry cleared that Bingle is a “nice girl,” but she doesn’t wear his clothes.
“If she had supported my brand, I would have her seated in the front row.”
He also said that if Bingle wanted to come to his show, he would have invited him, but as far as he knew, she’s out of the country.
Ambrosio did a spectacular job, though. Early reviews claim that she stole the show simply by walking on the catwalk.
Star power at @AlexPerry007 with supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio stealing the show - see the stunning collection http://t.co/KpY9b15RUm — Harper's BAZAAR (@BAZAARAustralia) April 7, 2014
— RESCU (@RESCU_) April 6, 2014
Meanwhile, Bingle is in the U.S., supporting her boyfriend, “Avatar” star Sam Worthington, who is caught in a legal drama against a paparazzo who allegedly kicked her in the shin after following her for hours.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments