Alex Perry Explains Why He Didn’t Want Lara Bingle On His Fashion Show, Turns To Alessandra Ambrosio Instead
By Anne Lu | April 8, 2014 12:06 PM EST
Alex Perry has had a successful show at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia on Monday with supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio as his opener. But where’s Lara Bingle? The Australian fashion designer said he didn’t want anyone who isn’t relevant to his business.
As one of the country’s top models, 26-year-old Bingle was expected to head Perry’s show. However, instead of the socialite, who is best known for leading the 2006 Tourism Australia campaign, Perry turned to the Brazilian supermodel.
— ALEX PERRY (@AlexPerry007) April 6, 2014
Speaking with Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O on their KIIS FM radio show, the “Australia’s Next Top Model” judge explained why he chose Ambrosio over Bingle, saying that Bingle doesn’t support his brand, and therefore, he didn’t want her taking the front row of his show.
“I just don’t want anybody there who isn’t relevant to my fashion business,” he said prior to his showcasing his Autumn/Winter collection on Monday.
“You don’t invite people who don’t support your brand.” Perry cleared that Bingle is a “nice girl,” but she doesn’t wear his clothes.
“If she had supported my brand, I would have her seated in the front row.”
He also said that if Bingle wanted to come to his show, he would have invited him, but as far as he knew, she’s out of the country.
Ambrosio did a spectacular job, though. Early reviews claim that she stole the show simply by walking on the catwalk.
Star power at @AlexPerry007 with supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio stealing the show - see the stunning collection http://t.co/KpY9b15RUm — Harper's BAZAAR (@BAZAARAustralia) April 7, 2014
— RESCU (@RESCU_) April 6, 2014
Meanwhile, Bingle is in the U.S., supporting her boyfriend, “Avatar” star Sam Worthington, who is caught in a legal drama against a paparazzo who allegedly kicked her in the shin after following her for hours.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch