Alex Perry Explains Why He Didn’t Want Lara Bingle On His Fashion Show, Turns To Alessandra Ambrosio Instead
By Anne Lu | April 8, 2014 12:06 PM EST
Alex Perry has had a successful show at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia on Monday with supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio as his opener. But where’s Lara Bingle? The Australian fashion designer said he didn’t want anyone who isn’t relevant to his business.
As one of the country’s top models, 26-year-old Bingle was expected to head Perry’s show. However, instead of the socialite, who is best known for leading the 2006 Tourism Australia campaign, Perry turned to the Brazilian supermodel.
— ALEX PERRY (@AlexPerry007) April 6, 2014
Speaking with Kyle Sandilands and Jackie O on their KIIS FM radio show, the “Australia’s Next Top Model” judge explained why he chose Ambrosio over Bingle, saying that Bingle doesn’t support his brand, and therefore, he didn’t want her taking the front row of his show.
“I just don’t want anybody there who isn’t relevant to my fashion business,” he said prior to his showcasing his Autumn/Winter collection on Monday.
“You don’t invite people who don’t support your brand.” Perry cleared that Bingle is a “nice girl,” but she doesn’t wear his clothes.
“If she had supported my brand, I would have her seated in the front row.”
He also said that if Bingle wanted to come to his show, he would have invited him, but as far as he knew, she’s out of the country.
Ambrosio did a spectacular job, though. Early reviews claim that she stole the show simply by walking on the catwalk.
Star power at @AlexPerry007 with supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio stealing the show - see the stunning collection http://t.co/KpY9b15RUm — Harper's BAZAAR (@BAZAARAustralia) April 7, 2014
— RESCU (@RESCU_) April 6, 2014
Meanwhile, Bingle is in the U.S., supporting her boyfriend, “Avatar” star Sam Worthington, who is caught in a legal drama against a paparazzo who allegedly kicked her in the shin after following her for hours.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone