British Model & TV Anchor Peaches Geldof Found Dead, Reason “Unexplained”
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 8, 2014 11:15 AM EST
British television anchor and model Peaches Geldof has been reportedly found dead in her house.
BBC reported that police had been called to Ms Geldof's house in Kent on April 7 around 1:35pm. She was 25 when she passed away, leaving her husband and two sons behind. Her father, musician Bob Geldof said that there were "beyond pain". He confirmed Ms Geldof's death, calling her the "wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest". According to police, Ms Geldof's death is considered to be "unexplained and sudden". Ms Geldof lost her mother Paula Yates when she was merely 11. Ms Yates reportedly had an accidental drug overdose which killed her in September 2000. Ms Geldof admitted several times that she was not able to recover from her mother's death for years.
Peaches Geldof, daughter of Bob Geldof, arrives for the European premiere of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2" in London in this November 14, 2012 file photo. Peaches Geldof has died at her home in Kent, southern England, aged 25, British media reported on April 7, 2014.
Ms Geldof started her media career when she was 15. She started writing for Elle magazine. She continued her career even after she left her house at 16. She wrote for The Guardian and The Telegraph. She also wrote for television shows like OMG! with Peaches Geldof on ITV2. Additionally, Ms Geldof also had a modelling career.
Ms Geldof married musician Thomas Cohen. Her older son Astala is just one and the other son will celebrate his first birthday on April 24. Mr Cohen released a statement, saying that he, along with their sons, adored his "beloved wife". He said that they would continue to love Ms Geldof every day. Ms Geldof earlier married another musician Max Drummey. Their marriage lasted only for six months.
While, the reason behind the death of Peaches' mother was drug overdose, one may assume a similar story in her case as well. Peaches, nevertheless, admitted experimenting with drugs when she was a teenager. However, she claimed that it was not "that wild". The reason behind Ms Geldof's death which is so far termed as "unexplained" will be unfolded soon with the forensic report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect