One Direction's Harry Styles Talks About 'Unrequited Love' in New Song: Dissing Ex-Girlfriends?
By Diadem Pambid | April 8, 2014 10:54 AM EST
One Direction's Harry Styles has recently teamed up with Kodaline to work on a song. Ironically, the song is all about "unrequited love" which is not so much Harry's forte given he's been showered much love by his past girlfriends. Is this a diss to a few of his ex-lovers who didn't give him the love he needed?
British singer Harry Styles from the band One Direction arrives to attend the presentation of the Burberry Autumn/Winter 2014 collection during London Fashion Week February 17, 2014.
Unrequited love as defined by Google as: "a love that is not openly reciprocated or understood as such." For a handsome hunk like Harry Styles, it's quite obvious he'd never be the type to suffer such love. Yet, according to the Irish rock band, Kodaline, "unrequited love" was the main theme for their song writing session with the 1D singer.
"Harry Styles came to two of our shows and he's a big fan and we ended up going to the studio and writing a song together," stated Mark Prenergrast, Kodaline's guitarist, adding, "He's a really good lad. Very funny and a very good writer and singer. It was an unrequited love song but we're not sure what we're doing with it yet, but it's there."
This isn't the first time Harry has written songs with other stars. Early last month, the curly-haired cutie enjoyed a song writing session with none other than the great John Legend. Also, early this week, Harry penned a song entitle "A Little Bit of My Heart" for Ariana Grande. Styles also hit the studio with One Republic's Ryan Tedder.
Getting back to the song written with Kodaline which was all about unrequited love, did Harry Styles delve into his past relationships to pull out the right feelings for the song? Fans of the singer know fully well he's been given the just attention and love by his ex-girlfriends but of course they'd never know the real deal between him and his past lovers.
For one, Harry's most recent relationship with Kendall Jenner didn't go too well. The "Hendall" couple even sparked rumours of Harry going solo thanks to Kendall's mom, Kris Jenner who had a lot of connections in the biz and not to mention money to help Harry's solo career. Yet, in a matter of two months, the couple split. Could it have been Harry's love was "not openly reciprocated or understood as such?"
Well, fans will just have to wait for Kodaline to release the song they've written with Harry Styles that talks about unrequited love to know who exactly was the inspiration for the song.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’