One Direction's Harry Styles Talks About 'Unrequited Love' in New Song: Dissing Ex-Girlfriends?
By Diadem Pambid | April 8, 2014 10:54 AM EST
One Direction's Harry Styles has recently teamed up with Kodaline to work on a song. Ironically, the song is all about "unrequited love" which is not so much Harry's forte given he's been showered much love by his past girlfriends. Is this a diss to a few of his ex-lovers who didn't give him the love he needed?
British singer Harry Styles from the band One Direction arrives to attend the presentation of the Burberry Autumn/Winter 2014 collection during London Fashion Week February 17, 2014.
Unrequited love as defined by Google as: "a love that is not openly reciprocated or understood as such." For a handsome hunk like Harry Styles, it's quite obvious he'd never be the type to suffer such love. Yet, according to the Irish rock band, Kodaline, "unrequited love" was the main theme for their song writing session with the 1D singer.
"Harry Styles came to two of our shows and he's a big fan and we ended up going to the studio and writing a song together," stated Mark Prenergrast, Kodaline's guitarist, adding, "He's a really good lad. Very funny and a very good writer and singer. It was an unrequited love song but we're not sure what we're doing with it yet, but it's there."
This isn't the first time Harry has written songs with other stars. Early last month, the curly-haired cutie enjoyed a song writing session with none other than the great John Legend. Also, early this week, Harry penned a song entitle "A Little Bit of My Heart" for Ariana Grande. Styles also hit the studio with One Republic's Ryan Tedder.
Getting back to the song written with Kodaline which was all about unrequited love, did Harry Styles delve into his past relationships to pull out the right feelings for the song? Fans of the singer know fully well he's been given the just attention and love by his ex-girlfriends but of course they'd never know the real deal between him and his past lovers.
For one, Harry's most recent relationship with Kendall Jenner didn't go too well. The "Hendall" couple even sparked rumours of Harry going solo thanks to Kendall's mom, Kris Jenner who had a lot of connections in the biz and not to mention money to help Harry's solo career. Yet, in a matter of two months, the couple split. Could it have been Harry's love was "not openly reciprocated or understood as such?"
Well, fans will just have to wait for Kodaline to release the song they've written with Harry Styles that talks about unrequited love to know who exactly was the inspiration for the song.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected