‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4, Episode 2 Spoilers: Joffrey’s Purple Wedding, Where to Watch Live [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 8, 2014 10:07 AM EST
After the red wedding on season 3's finale, a purple wedding is coming in Kings Landing for the upcoming episode of HBO's epic fantasy series "Game of Thrones." GOT season 3, episode 2 is called "The Lion and the Rose," episode's title is a reference to House Lannister's sigils (Lion) and House Tyrell (Rose).
The whole kingdom is gearing up for Joffrey Baratheon, played by Jack Gleeson, and Margaery Tyrell's wedding. If the show follows the book's story, Joffrey will meet his tragic end in the purple wedding where the king of the Iron Throne was poisoned by an unknown assailant.
But based on some spoilers, the GOT creators are putting an elaborate wedding scene for its fans. "When a wedding congregates so many of our characters, we dwell on that congregation at length," says David Benioff and D.B. Weiss in an interview with HitFix.
"For us it's fun to see characters who normally occupy separate storylines collide like charged particles in an accelerator. What if Cersei met Brienne? What if Loras bumped into Jaime? But beyond those moments, there's great pleasure in taking a show which normally bounds between locations and slowing it down, lingering on the moment."
The official synopsis of "Game of Thrones" season 4 episode 2 reads: "A who's who of honored guests turns out for Joffrey and Margaery's wedding in King's Landing, but the king's taste in entertainment rubs many of them the wrong way. Meanwhile, Bronn gives a lesson to an unlikely pupil; Bran's vision helps map out his journey; Stannis loses patience with Davos; and Ramsay takes a perverse delight in his new pet."
Although the king's death is not confirmed yet, the synopsis of the show points out that Joffrey managed to vex many people including his very own uncle Tyrion. Ever since the wedding has been announced, many fans are speculating that what happened in the Red Wedding will happen again, but this time it would be less bloody.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report