‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4, Episode 2 Spoilers: Joffrey’s Purple Wedding, Where to Watch Live [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 8, 2014 10:07 AM EST
After the red wedding on season 3's finale, a purple wedding is coming in Kings Landing for the upcoming episode of HBO's epic fantasy series "Game of Thrones." GOT season 3, episode 2 is called "The Lion and the Rose," episode's title is a reference to House Lannister's sigils (Lion) and House Tyrell (Rose).
The whole kingdom is gearing up for Joffrey Baratheon, played by Jack Gleeson, and Margaery Tyrell's wedding. If the show follows the book's story, Joffrey will meet his tragic end in the purple wedding where the king of the Iron Throne was poisoned by an unknown assailant.
But based on some spoilers, the GOT creators are putting an elaborate wedding scene for its fans. "When a wedding congregates so many of our characters, we dwell on that congregation at length," says David Benioff and D.B. Weiss in an interview with HitFix.
"For us it's fun to see characters who normally occupy separate storylines collide like charged particles in an accelerator. What if Cersei met Brienne? What if Loras bumped into Jaime? But beyond those moments, there's great pleasure in taking a show which normally bounds between locations and slowing it down, lingering on the moment."
The official synopsis of "Game of Thrones" season 4 episode 2 reads: "A who's who of honored guests turns out for Joffrey and Margaery's wedding in King's Landing, but the king's taste in entertainment rubs many of them the wrong way. Meanwhile, Bronn gives a lesson to an unlikely pupil; Bran's vision helps map out his journey; Stannis loses patience with Davos; and Ramsay takes a perverse delight in his new pet."
Although the king's death is not confirmed yet, the synopsis of the show points out that Joffrey managed to vex many people including his very own uncle Tyrion. Ever since the wedding has been announced, many fans are speculating that what happened in the Red Wedding will happen again, but this time it would be less bloody.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks