‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4, Episode 2 Spoilers: Joffrey’s Purple Wedding, Where to Watch Live [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 8, 2014 10:07 AM EST
After the red wedding on season 3's finale, a purple wedding is coming in Kings Landing for the upcoming episode of HBO's epic fantasy series "Game of Thrones." GOT season 3, episode 2 is called "The Lion and the Rose," episode's title is a reference to House Lannister's sigils (Lion) and House Tyrell (Rose).
The whole kingdom is gearing up for Joffrey Baratheon, played by Jack Gleeson, and Margaery Tyrell's wedding. If the show follows the book's story, Joffrey will meet his tragic end in the purple wedding where the king of the Iron Throne was poisoned by an unknown assailant.
But based on some spoilers, the GOT creators are putting an elaborate wedding scene for its fans. "When a wedding congregates so many of our characters, we dwell on that congregation at length," says David Benioff and D.B. Weiss in an interview with HitFix.
"For us it's fun to see characters who normally occupy separate storylines collide like charged particles in an accelerator. What if Cersei met Brienne? What if Loras bumped into Jaime? But beyond those moments, there's great pleasure in taking a show which normally bounds between locations and slowing it down, lingering on the moment."
The official synopsis of "Game of Thrones" season 4 episode 2 reads: "A who's who of honored guests turns out for Joffrey and Margaery's wedding in King's Landing, but the king's taste in entertainment rubs many of them the wrong way. Meanwhile, Bronn gives a lesson to an unlikely pupil; Bran's vision helps map out his journey; Stannis loses patience with Davos; and Ramsay takes a perverse delight in his new pet."
Although the king's death is not confirmed yet, the synopsis of the show points out that Joffrey managed to vex many people including his very own uncle Tyrion. Ever since the wedding has been announced, many fans are speculating that what happened in the Red Wedding will happen again, but this time it would be less bloody.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown