‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4, Episode 2 Spoilers: Joffrey’s Purple Wedding, Where to Watch Live [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 8, 2014 10:07 AM EST
After the red wedding on season 3's finale, a purple wedding is coming in Kings Landing for the upcoming episode of HBO's epic fantasy series "Game of Thrones." GOT season 3, episode 2 is called "The Lion and the Rose," episode's title is a reference to House Lannister's sigils (Lion) and House Tyrell (Rose).
The whole kingdom is gearing up for Joffrey Baratheon, played by Jack Gleeson, and Margaery Tyrell's wedding. If the show follows the book's story, Joffrey will meet his tragic end in the purple wedding where the king of the Iron Throne was poisoned by an unknown assailant.
But based on some spoilers, the GOT creators are putting an elaborate wedding scene for its fans. "When a wedding congregates so many of our characters, we dwell on that congregation at length," says David Benioff and D.B. Weiss in an interview with HitFix.
"For us it's fun to see characters who normally occupy separate storylines collide like charged particles in an accelerator. What if Cersei met Brienne? What if Loras bumped into Jaime? But beyond those moments, there's great pleasure in taking a show which normally bounds between locations and slowing it down, lingering on the moment."
The official synopsis of "Game of Thrones" season 4 episode 2 reads: "A who's who of honored guests turns out for Joffrey and Margaery's wedding in King's Landing, but the king's taste in entertainment rubs many of them the wrong way. Meanwhile, Bronn gives a lesson to an unlikely pupil; Bran's vision helps map out his journey; Stannis loses patience with Davos; and Ramsay takes a perverse delight in his new pet."
Although the king's death is not confirmed yet, the synopsis of the show points out that Joffrey managed to vex many people including his very own uncle Tyrion. Ever since the wedding has been announced, many fans are speculating that what happened in the Red Wedding will happen again, but this time it would be less bloody.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- Emmy Awards 2014: Where To Watch Live Online, Top Nominations [VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- US, Syria to Work Together to Vaporise ISIS
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU