Nexus 6 Release Date: Moto X+1 Reports Spark Speculations on Early Launch of New Google Smartphone
By Raymond Ronamai | April 8, 2014 2:19 AM EST
Speculations on the release date of Google Nexus 6 have gained momentum of late, with some arguing that the new flagship smartphone would be unveiled as early as June, while others say it would happen only in November. And now, reports on the possible arrival of Moto X+1 has sparked off rumors that Google might launch its smartphone earlier than expected.
Screenshot from Google website
Interestingly, Twitter leaker @evleaks has teased Motorola’s upcoming smartphone 'Moto X+1', claiming that it is coming soon. However, it did not reveal the specifications and availability of the purported device.
Motorola Moto X + 1: coming soon pic.twitter.com/7c8Gy16rdl
— @evleaks (@evleaks) April 6, 2014
The possible arrival of Moto X+1, supposedly a sequel to Moto X, this summer has sparked off speculations on Google Nexus 6. Motorola, which is being purchased by Lenovo but is still part of Google, might come up with Nexus 6, according to Motoring Crunch.
There are conflicting reports on the unveiling date of Nexus 6, with several sections of the media claiming that it would be unveiled after Google's I/O Developers Conference on 24 June or early July, while others say it would happen only in the final quarter of the year.
Google's VP Sundar Pichai had earlier hinted at the Mobile World Congress that the device would be announced perhaps in October. But if one is to go by the trend the company has been following in the past, the release may happen a month later. The fact is the Nexus series smartphones have been released either in November or December over the years, except the HTC Nexus One.
Google Nexus 6 is expected to sport a 5.2-inch full HD and curved LCD display, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass with a 13MP camera (main) and a 5MP front camera. It is reported that the device will be powered by a 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset with 3GB RAM and run on Android OS (4.5), dubbed as Lollypop. It may also come in three storage variants - 32GB/64GB/128GB and have connectivity such as Bluetooth, NFC, Micro-USB, Wi-Fi and 4G.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast