Battlefield 4: Megalodon Shark Easter Egg Discovered; How to Find it?
By Aditya Bhat | April 8, 2014 1:36 AM EST
Battlefield 4, the FPS title from DICE, was rumored to have the prehistoric water creature Megalodon Shark in its latest downloadable content (DLC) Naval Strike, which was launched early for Premium members.
Battlefield 4 premium members have already received the Naval Strike DLC.
Various players have posted videos of the giant shark launching itself from the water. There is a thunderous roar as the shark slaps itself back into the water. The Shark is found on the Nansha Strike map in Naval Strike DLC. Since December, players have been searching for the shark after hints on it were suggested on Reddit. Players had also unearthed audio files of Tyrannosaurus in the game.
Here is a video posted by YouTube user Jackfrags, showing the location of the shark. The Naval Strike DLC will be released for the rest on 15 April.
How to Find Megalodon Shark?
1. Head to the Nansha Strike map in the new Naval Strike DLC
2. Rally around 10 players near a specific buoy, close to map's main island.
3. Now wait around the bouy patiently.
4. What you will see is a spectacular creature lunching from the sea.
5. It might also destroy some of the squad.
(YouTube Courtesy: jackfrags)
(YouTube Courtesy: Mattler119)
The Naval Strike DLC will introduce players to four new maps - Lost Islands, Nansha Strike, Wave Breaker and Operation Mortar. These maps are set in the South China Sea, where players will fight against enemies. Players will also be witnessing shipping docks, fishing villages and rocky islands in the maps.
The DLC will consist of the Carrier Assault mode that has been developed as a homage to Battlefield 2142's Titan mode, where players have to use missiles to drown a big aircraft carrier. The DLC will offer players a new amphibious ACV Hovercraft, which will allow them to travel between land and water. The ACV Hovercraft will be helpful for players to take various shortcuts to attack the enemies.
Image credit: battlefield.com (Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?