'Koffee with Karan' Season 4: Alia Bhatt and Parineeti Chopra's Top Moments on the Show
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 7, 2014 11:25 PM EST
Contemporaries Alia Bhatt and Parineeti Chopra shared the couch on the latest episode of "Koffee with Karan" season 4, dispelling rumours of an alleged animosity.
The young actresses seemed quite at ease, chatting with the inquisitive host Karan Johar. Chopra, who has often been raved for her stellar performances, spoke of her life-changing journey to becoming an actress.
The 25-year-old recalled her assistant director days at Yash Raj Films (YRF) and the sudden change in her luck when she unknowingly auditioned, enacting a "Jab We Met" scene, which helped her land a role in the studio's 2011 film "Ladies vs Ricky Bahl". Interestingly, Johar revealed that Alia Bhatt had also auditioned on the same scene for "Student of the Year".
Chopra dispelled her alleged link-up with director Maneesh Sharma and also rejected the rivalry rumours with cousin Priyanka Chopra. As the "Ishaqzaade" actress revealed her and Priyanka's pet names to be Tisha and Mimi, Johar let out that he is being referred to as Koffee Uncle by kids in his neighbourhood.
Bhatt openly declared her admiration for Ranbir Kapoor, whom she wished to marry. Chopra, on the other hand, revealed her huge crush on Saif Ali Khan, and even revealed that she had confessed it to the actor's star wife Kareena Kapoor Khan.
However, Bhatt appeared quite possessive of her co-stars Sidharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Arjun Kapoor as she told Chopra that she was well aware that the actors loved her more than Chopra.
Johar seemed to run out of questions for the girls and kept coming back to their love life and boyfriends. Chopra reluctantly confessed to having been in relationships in the past but stated that she is single now and eagerly waiting to be with someone.
For a change, the 'rapid fire' round appeared more fun than bitchy as Chopra stated Bradley Cooper and Kamaal R Khan would be the two contenders for her Swayamvara, and further went to label Kamaal as the sexiest man in India. And despite some smart replies from Bhatt, Chopra took the hamper home.
Though Bhatt managed to avoid any goof-ups as she did in her previous appearance, the "Highway" actress did appear clueless when Johar asked simple political questions, such as BJP's full form and the Congress chairperson's name. She eventually lost the quiz to a highly animated Chopra.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Take Group Selfies with Rapper and his Friends
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects