Chelsea FC News: Blues Manager Reveals Preferred Striker Ahead of PSG Clash
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 7, 2014 10:51 PM EST
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho revealed that he would like to take a "risk" in selecting the recuperating Samuel Eto'o, who recently suffered a hamstring injury, over other strikers in their upcoming Champions League clash against Paris Saint Germain.
"Maybe he could play but to risk a player you need to have minimum conditions to take that risk." Mourinho on Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o
The Cameroon international was taken off the pitch during the Blues' 6-0 win over Arsenal on March 22 and has yet to feature for the west Londoners since.
But, the 33-year-old has already returned to training, though not fully fit, and the Portuguese mentor believes that the veteran would be instrumental in Chelsea's attempt to overturn the 3-1 deficit on Tuesday.
"Maybe he could play but to risk a player you need to have minimum conditions to take that risk," Mourinho's said of Eto'o's situation.
"If you think he's going to be out after 10 minutes of the game you can't take that risk. If there is a minimum of risk, then yes."
"We need to score goals. If we don't score a minimum of two goals we are out. We know that, so if we can have everybody available who can give us a chance to score goals then let's do that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June