Chelsea FC News: Blues Manager Reveals Preferred Striker Ahead of PSG Clash
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 7, 2014 10:51 PM EST
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho revealed that he would like to take a "risk" in selecting the recuperating Samuel Eto'o, who recently suffered a hamstring injury, over other strikers in their upcoming Champions League clash against Paris Saint Germain.
"Maybe he could play but to risk a player you need to have minimum conditions to take that risk." Mourinho on Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o
The Cameroon international was taken off the pitch during the Blues' 6-0 win over Arsenal on March 22 and has yet to feature for the west Londoners since.
But, the 33-year-old has already returned to training, though not fully fit, and the Portuguese mentor believes that the veteran would be instrumental in Chelsea's attempt to overturn the 3-1 deficit on Tuesday.
"Maybe he could play but to risk a player you need to have minimum conditions to take that risk," Mourinho's said of Eto'o's situation.
"If you think he's going to be out after 10 minutes of the game you can't take that risk. If there is a minimum of risk, then yes."
"We need to score goals. If we don't score a minimum of two goals we are out. We know that, so if we can have everybody available who can give us a chance to score goals then let's do that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps