Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Signify Interest to Acquire Napoli Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 7, 2014 10:21 PM EST
Liverpool are reportedly interested in securing the services of Napoli playmaker Jorginho.
The Brazilian made a move to the Naples-based club in January after featuring impressively for Hellas Verona, which gained promotion to Italy's top-flight this season with his help, during the first-half of this year's campaign.
Napoli's Jorginho is a Liverpool target this summer
He has since made eight starts, contributing an assist, while creating opportunities for the Partenopei in the middle of the park.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has made initial contacts in the past, but nothing apparently materialised, suggests Football Direct News.
Meanwhile, Premier League rivals Tottenham and Arsenal are also keeping tabs with the 22-year-old, with the latter having been able to hold discussions with Jorginho's representative previously.
Rafa Benitez's prized asset is claimed to be valued at around £8million, but an impending Champions League qualification by Napoli might see the former Verona man reject offers as he has better chances of playing regularly in Europe with his current club.
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports