Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Signify Interest to Acquire Napoli Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 7, 2014 10:21 PM EST
Liverpool are reportedly interested in securing the services of Napoli playmaker Jorginho.
The Brazilian made a move to the Naples-based club in January after featuring impressively for Hellas Verona, which gained promotion to Italy's top-flight this season with his help, during the first-half of this year's campaign.
Napoli's Jorginho is a Liverpool target this summer
He has since made eight starts, contributing an assist, while creating opportunities for the Partenopei in the middle of the park.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has made initial contacts in the past, but nothing apparently materialised, suggests Football Direct News.
Meanwhile, Premier League rivals Tottenham and Arsenal are also keeping tabs with the 22-year-old, with the latter having been able to hold discussions with Jorginho's representative previously.
Rafa Benitez's prized asset is claimed to be valued at around £8million, but an impending Champions League qualification by Napoli might see the former Verona man reject offers as he has better chances of playing regularly in Europe with his current club.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports