Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Signify Interest to Acquire Napoli Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 7, 2014 10:21 PM EST
Liverpool are reportedly interested in securing the services of Napoli playmaker Jorginho.
The Brazilian made a move to the Naples-based club in January after featuring impressively for Hellas Verona, which gained promotion to Italy's top-flight this season with his help, during the first-half of this year's campaign.
Napoli's Jorginho is a Liverpool target this summer
He has since made eight starts, contributing an assist, while creating opportunities for the Partenopei in the middle of the park.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has made initial contacts in the past, but nothing apparently materialised, suggests Football Direct News.
Meanwhile, Premier League rivals Tottenham and Arsenal are also keeping tabs with the 22-year-old, with the latter having been able to hold discussions with Jorginho's representative previously.
Rafa Benitez's prized asset is claimed to be valued at around £8million, but an impending Champions League qualification by Napoli might see the former Verona man reject offers as he has better chances of playing regularly in Europe with his current club.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money