Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Signify Interest to Acquire Napoli Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 7, 2014 10:21 PM EST
Liverpool are reportedly interested in securing the services of Napoli playmaker Jorginho.
The Brazilian made a move to the Naples-based club in January after featuring impressively for Hellas Verona, which gained promotion to Italy's top-flight this season with his help, during the first-half of this year's campaign.
Napoli's Jorginho is a Liverpool target this summer
He has since made eight starts, contributing an assist, while creating opportunities for the Partenopei in the middle of the park.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has made initial contacts in the past, but nothing apparently materialised, suggests Football Direct News.
Meanwhile, Premier League rivals Tottenham and Arsenal are also keeping tabs with the 22-year-old, with the latter having been able to hold discussions with Jorginho's representative previously.
Rafa Benitez's prized asset is claimed to be valued at around £8million, but an impending Champions League qualification by Napoli might see the former Verona man reject offers as he has better chances of playing regularly in Europe with his current club.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2