Motorola's Second Generation Flagship Smartphone to be Called as Moto X+1; Tipped to Debut in Late Summer
By Rohit KVN | April 7, 2014 10:07 PM EST
American telecommunication equipment maker, Motorola which is due for acquisition from Lenovo is reportedly getting ready to launch the second generation flagship smartphone soon.
Different colored examples of Motorola's new Moto X phones rest on a table at a launch event in New York, August 1, 2013.
The news was revealed by the trusted Twitter spy, @evleaks. He said the new Motorola phone will be called as Moto X+1 and has posted the alleged logo of the device with coming soon tag. Though the moniker Moto X+1 seem a bit awkward to pronounce, it does add uniqueness to stand apart from other rivals.
Motorola Moto X + 1: coming soon pic.twitter.com/7c8Gy16rdl— @evleaks (@evleaks) April 6, 2014
As of now, there are no details regarding the specifications of Moto X+1, but it is expected to sport bigger (probably a 5.0-inch size) display, a improved CPU, enhancements in camera department and obviously expected to pack some new tricks in 'Touchless Control' feature.
It has to be noted that 2013 flagship model, Moto X, despite boasting less superior internal hardware components (compared to rivals Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z and others), managed to win appreciation from many critics and fans for its innovative smart control features like 'Moto Assist', 'Touchless Control', gesture-control camera launcher (just need to twist arm twice to activate the camera), hence we can expect Moto X+1 to deliver more enriching smartphone experience.
Apart Moto X successor, Motorola has announced to launch Moto 360 smartwatch soon; multiple reports (courtesy, CNET) twirling in the Internet suggest that the upcoming smart wearable device might launch along with Moto X+1 in late summer, probably around June end (during Google I/O 2014) or early August, as Moto X gets enough time to complete the one-year cycle.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes