EA Sports UFC: Set for June Release, Bruce Lee Featured in Pre- Order Bonuses [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 7, 2014 9:35 PM EST
The upcoming fighting game, EA Sports UFC is all set to be released on 17 June for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Earlier, AllGamesBeta revealed a leaked image of a retail advertising display showcasing the release date and pre-order bonus.
EA Sports UFC will be released on 17 June.
It has been also confirmed that Bruce Lee, known as the father of mixed martial arts will be featured as a playable character as a part of pre-order bonus. He will be playable in Flyweight, Bantamweight, Featherweight and Lightweight divisions.
"You have the premier organization in the fastest growing sport in the world, the UFC; and the most iconic martial artist in the history of the world, Bruce Lee - a martial artist renowned for his philosophies that laid the groundwork for modern mixed martial arts," said Brian Hayes, Creative director, EA Sports UFC on the official website.
Ian Lloyd, art director, EA Sports UFC explained that it was Bruce Lee Enterprises that provided "catalog of digital references" of his acting career and this enabled the team to capture the different elements of the legend. They also sent a life-cast that helped them to have a scanned 3D image of Lee.
"Seeing Bruce Lee walkout and enter the Octagon to fight in the UFC for the first time is a surreal and truly sensational experience. It is hard to deny the influence he has had on the development of MMA and ultimately the UFC," said Lloyd.
"This does not just look like Bruce Lee. It is Bruce Lee. The way he carries himself, his fighting stance, his rippling physique, devastating speed, signature strikes and accompanying yells, whoops and shrieks," he added.
Previously, EA had teased a secret fighter who never fought in UFC, who would be playable in four weight classes was Bruce Lee.
UFC was a property of THQ, which was later purchased by EA after the closure of THQ.
The game will have AI that promises to be more realistic and will take into considerations the strategies of the player mid-game and it also will be able to simulate 'full body deformation.'
Players will be able to strike the opponent dynamically and cause damages that are true-to-life. The game makes use of Ignite engine.
(YouTube Courtesy: EA Sports)
Image credit: easports.com
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0