EA Sports UFC: Set for June Release, Bruce Lee Featured in Pre- Order Bonuses [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 7, 2014 9:35 PM EST
The upcoming fighting game, EA Sports UFC is all set to be released on 17 June for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Earlier, AllGamesBeta revealed a leaked image of a retail advertising display showcasing the release date and pre-order bonus.
EA Sports UFC will be released on 17 June.
It has been also confirmed that Bruce Lee, known as the father of mixed martial arts will be featured as a playable character as a part of pre-order bonus. He will be playable in Flyweight, Bantamweight, Featherweight and Lightweight divisions.
"You have the premier organization in the fastest growing sport in the world, the UFC; and the most iconic martial artist in the history of the world, Bruce Lee - a martial artist renowned for his philosophies that laid the groundwork for modern mixed martial arts," said Brian Hayes, Creative director, EA Sports UFC on the official website.
Ian Lloyd, art director, EA Sports UFC explained that it was Bruce Lee Enterprises that provided "catalog of digital references" of his acting career and this enabled the team to capture the different elements of the legend. They also sent a life-cast that helped them to have a scanned 3D image of Lee.
"Seeing Bruce Lee walkout and enter the Octagon to fight in the UFC for the first time is a surreal and truly sensational experience. It is hard to deny the influence he has had on the development of MMA and ultimately the UFC," said Lloyd.
"This does not just look like Bruce Lee. It is Bruce Lee. The way he carries himself, his fighting stance, his rippling physique, devastating speed, signature strikes and accompanying yells, whoops and shrieks," he added.
Previously, EA had teased a secret fighter who never fought in UFC, who would be playable in four weight classes was Bruce Lee.
UFC was a property of THQ, which was later purchased by EA after the closure of THQ.
The game will have AI that promises to be more realistic and will take into considerations the strategies of the player mid-game and it also will be able to simulate 'full body deformation.'
Players will be able to strike the opponent dynamically and cause damages that are true-to-life. The game makes use of Ignite engine.
(YouTube Courtesy: EA Sports)
Image credit: easports.com
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- iPhone 6 Released: The 5 Biggest and Best Smartphones Of 2014: Their Best Features And Price Comparisons
- Xbox One News: Playable Games In Browser And Possible ‘Gears of War’ Exclusivity Reported
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date