EA Sports UFC: Set for June Release, Bruce Lee Featured in Pre- Order Bonuses [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 7, 2014 9:35 PM EST
The upcoming fighting game, EA Sports UFC is all set to be released on 17 June for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Earlier, AllGamesBeta revealed a leaked image of a retail advertising display showcasing the release date and pre-order bonus.
EA Sports UFC will be released on 17 June.
It has been also confirmed that Bruce Lee, known as the father of mixed martial arts will be featured as a playable character as a part of pre-order bonus. He will be playable in Flyweight, Bantamweight, Featherweight and Lightweight divisions.
"You have the premier organization in the fastest growing sport in the world, the UFC; and the most iconic martial artist in the history of the world, Bruce Lee - a martial artist renowned for his philosophies that laid the groundwork for modern mixed martial arts," said Brian Hayes, Creative director, EA Sports UFC on the official website.
Ian Lloyd, art director, EA Sports UFC explained that it was Bruce Lee Enterprises that provided "catalog of digital references" of his acting career and this enabled the team to capture the different elements of the legend. They also sent a life-cast that helped them to have a scanned 3D image of Lee.
"Seeing Bruce Lee walkout and enter the Octagon to fight in the UFC for the first time is a surreal and truly sensational experience. It is hard to deny the influence he has had on the development of MMA and ultimately the UFC," said Lloyd.
"This does not just look like Bruce Lee. It is Bruce Lee. The way he carries himself, his fighting stance, his rippling physique, devastating speed, signature strikes and accompanying yells, whoops and shrieks," he added.
Previously, EA had teased a secret fighter who never fought in UFC, who would be playable in four weight classes was Bruce Lee.
UFC was a property of THQ, which was later purchased by EA after the closure of THQ.
The game will have AI that promises to be more realistic and will take into considerations the strategies of the player mid-game and it also will be able to simulate 'full body deformation.'
Players will be able to strike the opponent dynamically and cause damages that are true-to-life. The game makes use of Ignite engine.
(YouTube Courtesy: EA Sports)
Image credit: easports.com
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display