EA Sports UFC: Set for June Release, Bruce Lee Featured in Pre- Order Bonuses [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 7, 2014 9:35 PM EST
The upcoming fighting game, EA Sports UFC is all set to be released on 17 June for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Earlier, AllGamesBeta revealed a leaked image of a retail advertising display showcasing the release date and pre-order bonus.
EA Sports UFC will be released on 17 June.
It has been also confirmed that Bruce Lee, known as the father of mixed martial arts will be featured as a playable character as a part of pre-order bonus. He will be playable in Flyweight, Bantamweight, Featherweight and Lightweight divisions.
"You have the premier organization in the fastest growing sport in the world, the UFC; and the most iconic martial artist in the history of the world, Bruce Lee - a martial artist renowned for his philosophies that laid the groundwork for modern mixed martial arts," said Brian Hayes, Creative director, EA Sports UFC on the official website.
Ian Lloyd, art director, EA Sports UFC explained that it was Bruce Lee Enterprises that provided "catalog of digital references" of his acting career and this enabled the team to capture the different elements of the legend. They also sent a life-cast that helped them to have a scanned 3D image of Lee.
"Seeing Bruce Lee walkout and enter the Octagon to fight in the UFC for the first time is a surreal and truly sensational experience. It is hard to deny the influence he has had on the development of MMA and ultimately the UFC," said Lloyd.
"This does not just look like Bruce Lee. It is Bruce Lee. The way he carries himself, his fighting stance, his rippling physique, devastating speed, signature strikes and accompanying yells, whoops and shrieks," he added.
Previously, EA had teased a secret fighter who never fought in UFC, who would be playable in four weight classes was Bruce Lee.
UFC was a property of THQ, which was later purchased by EA after the closure of THQ.
The game will have AI that promises to be more realistic and will take into considerations the strategies of the player mid-game and it also will be able to simulate 'full body deformation.'
Players will be able to strike the opponent dynamically and cause damages that are true-to-life. The game makes use of Ignite engine.
(YouTube Courtesy: EA Sports)
Image credit: easports.com
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People