HTC One Max Android 4.4 KitKat from Verizon Rolling Out Tomorrow; Sense 5.5 UI Only Not Sense 6.0?
By Ryan Inoyori | April 7, 2014 9:18 PM EST
The HTC One Max is now set for the official Android 4.4 KitKat and Sense 5.5 UI from Verizon Wireless starting tomorrow April 7th in the United States. Over the Air firmware update for the HTC One Max will commence on Monday afternoon.
HTC One Max Android KitKat
Users of the Verizon HTC One Max will finally receive an official Android 4.4 KitKat update tomorrow, April 7th Monday in the United States after a confirmation from the HTC executive director of product management on Twitter.
HTC Verizon One Max Owners! We have received technical approval for Sense 5.5 + OS 4.4.2! Expect the OTA update to start on Monday afternoon
— Mo (@moversi) April 4, 2014
Aside from the latest Android version from Google, owners will also receive the HTC Sense 5.5 user interface which updates various apps on HTC One Max.
- BlinkFeed with turn off option
- New menu, controls and filtering for BlinkFeed
- Facebook content can be scanned on BlinkFeed
- Google+ content and composing enabled on BlinkFeed
- New UI for camera and gallery apps
- HTC Zoe video highlights
- Redesigned music player
- Quick Settings with 12 icons
- Do Not Disturb on Quick Settings
- Expanded version of recent apps or multitasking
- Scribble feature included
Android 4.4 KitKat for HTC One Max will enable users to use Ok Google from Google Now app, enjoy redesigned transparent status bar, improvements on the performance and stability, and add-ons such as Tap and Pay via NFC, and Cloud Printing service.
HTC Android KitKat Upgrade Plan
HTC One Max is just one among selected HTC smartphones on the Android Kitkat upgrade plan list. The company according to leakster@LlabTooFeR plans to upgrade HTC One smartphone series back in 2013 plus HTC Butterfly, HTC Butterfly S and HTC Droid DNA.
However, HTC One X+ and HTC One X are both excluded from the upgrade plan since they were released back in 2012 and issues affecting firmware development.
HTC Sense UI Version
Expected Global Rollout
|HTC One M7||HTC Sense 6.0||May to June 2014|
|HTC One M7 Dual||HTC Sense 6.0||June to July 2014|
|HTC One Max T6||HTC Sense 6.0||June to July 2014|
|HTC One Mini M4||HTC Sense 6.0||June to July 2014|
|HTC Butterfly S||HTC Sense 6.0||June to July 2014|
|HTC Butterfly||HTC Sense 5.5||Under development|
|HTC Droid DNA||HTC Sense 5.5||Under development|
|HTC One X+ and One X||HTC Sense 5.0||Android 4.2/4.3/4.4 cancelled due to lack of drivers|
Note that the leaked information regarding HTC One Max Android 4.4 KitKat differs from what Verizon Wireless will release tomorrow. On the upgrade plan, the smartphone should receive HTC Sense 6.0 UI but instead 5.5 at the moment. Users may receive a new firmware update around June or July with the latest user interface.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery