HTC One Max Android 4.4 KitKat from Verizon Rolling Out Tomorrow; Sense 5.5 UI Only Not Sense 6.0?
By Ryan Inoyori | April 7, 2014 9:18 PM EST
The HTC One Max is now set for the official Android 4.4 KitKat and Sense 5.5 UI from Verizon Wireless starting tomorrow April 7th in the United States. Over the Air firmware update for the HTC One Max will commence on Monday afternoon.
HTC One Max Android KitKat
Users of the Verizon HTC One Max will finally receive an official Android 4.4 KitKat update tomorrow, April 7th Monday in the United States after a confirmation from the HTC executive director of product management on Twitter.
HTC Verizon One Max Owners! We have received technical approval for Sense 5.5 + OS 4.4.2! Expect the OTA update to start on Monday afternoon
— Mo (@moversi) April 4, 2014
Aside from the latest Android version from Google, owners will also receive the HTC Sense 5.5 user interface which updates various apps on HTC One Max.
- BlinkFeed with turn off option
- New menu, controls and filtering for BlinkFeed
- Facebook content can be scanned on BlinkFeed
- Google+ content and composing enabled on BlinkFeed
- New UI for camera and gallery apps
- HTC Zoe video highlights
- Redesigned music player
- Quick Settings with 12 icons
- Do Not Disturb on Quick Settings
- Expanded version of recent apps or multitasking
- Scribble feature included
Android 4.4 KitKat for HTC One Max will enable users to use Ok Google from Google Now app, enjoy redesigned transparent status bar, improvements on the performance and stability, and add-ons such as Tap and Pay via NFC, and Cloud Printing service.
HTC Android KitKat Upgrade Plan
HTC One Max is just one among selected HTC smartphones on the Android Kitkat upgrade plan list. The company according to leakster@LlabTooFeR plans to upgrade HTC One smartphone series back in 2013 plus HTC Butterfly, HTC Butterfly S and HTC Droid DNA.
However, HTC One X+ and HTC One X are both excluded from the upgrade plan since they were released back in 2012 and issues affecting firmware development.
HTC Sense UI Version
Expected Global Rollout
|HTC One M7||HTC Sense 6.0||May to June 2014|
|HTC One M7 Dual||HTC Sense 6.0||June to July 2014|
|HTC One Max T6||HTC Sense 6.0||June to July 2014|
|HTC One Mini M4||HTC Sense 6.0||June to July 2014|
|HTC Butterfly S||HTC Sense 6.0||June to July 2014|
|HTC Butterfly||HTC Sense 5.5||Under development|
|HTC Droid DNA||HTC Sense 5.5||Under development|
|HTC One X+ and One X||HTC Sense 5.0||Android 4.2/4.3/4.4 cancelled due to lack of drivers|
Note that the leaked information regarding HTC One Max Android 4.4 KitKat differs from what Verizon Wireless will release tomorrow. On the upgrade plan, the smartphone should receive HTC Sense 6.0 UI but instead 5.5 at the moment. Users may receive a new firmware update around June or July with the latest user interface.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’